What happened to some of the forum members????

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Look, you cannot compare an up and coming guy and a guy who has been into it for 10+ years. But whereas the old guys have more of a deeper understanding, and a "seen it all" attitude, there is one thing they lack (myself included): drive. Veterans are lazy. We go out less (I used to go out 2-3 a week last year, this year I focus on other things and only go out once a week). Even when I did went out 2-3 times a week, I wasn't overly experimental, I wasn't trying too much and honestly, I wasn't that often interested in dealing with odd cases, which based on experience, have low chances of succeeding.

But the up and coming guys don't have this problem. They are motivated, they try new things, they are curious, and they want to "jump into it" even when their odds are not in their favor (and sometimes, the world is strange.... weird things can happen). They are also not slaves to past biases and all that.

They also tend to be more active on forums and their experiences and ideas are refreshing. Of course the consistency in the advice of a veteran may be superior, but for most beginners and intermediates alike, the advice from an up and coming seducer is more than good enough. You don't need a veteran who has seen it all to answer trivial questions. I have plenty of students, many are intermediate, some were (emphasis on were) upper intermediates. I used to tell them "You are not special, and that's a good thing" and what I meant by that is, your case is not unique - your experience... I have seen before or experienced myself. And that's a good thing, because it makes it easier to tackle. The odd weird cases are very very rare.

So would I like a forum filled with old
Lack of drive is not same as being "lazy", but agree with everything else you said... You also don't get the same excitement and thrill since you done the same stuff multiple times it just becomes normal even boring, or work vs exciting....

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Lack of drive is not same as being "lazy", but agree with everything else you said... You also don't get the same excitement and thrill since you done the same stuff multiple times it just becomes normal even boring, or work vs exciting....

I am lazy these days, so probably me just projecting.

-Teevster

LeoV

Rookie
Rookie
It’s good to see you boy’s still at it. I went pretty hard in college, ended up getting married to a chick I met during my last semester. Recently divorced after 8 years and I’m looking to rebuild myself and my social life. I never expected to be back it, but here I am. Glad to have some company. Good to meet you guys.

Atlas IV

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It’s good to see you boy’s still at it. I went pretty hard in college, ended up getting married to a chick I met during my last semester. Recently divorced after 8 years and I’m looking to rebuild myself and my social life. I never expected to be back it, but here I am. Glad to have some company. Good to meet you guys.
Hey man, welcome back to the game! You're in the right place.

Sorry to hear about the divorce. I also recently exited a long term relationship and am back to dating. The truth is we never know what life might throw at us, but I think most people would rather stay stuck in unhappy relationships than face the prospect of starting anew. You're taking your first steps on the right path.

>