What Is The Best DanceFloor Strategy In 2019?

Tank

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I went out with Skills some years back and saw that his style of game was very effective for dance floor game and I've seen it on other occasions as well. When he writes about it he gets off track and he isn't the best writer (sorry bro, still love ya!) so let me summarize it since it may be a bit unclear from this thread:

This is for a dance floor that isn't sardine packed and isn't empty. There are a number of girls, but it would visible if you approached everyone directly (screening game) and got constantly rejected (which would be fine, and maybe even better, for the more chaotic dark crowded dance floors where no one sees anything beyond their immediate surroundings). There's enough space to move around and be open with your movements and body, but also plenty of girls to ping off of. So you use this type of environment to build social proof around the dance floor and become sort the king party maker there, it's a more specific breakdown of what Teevs writes as social proof based DF game:

First learn to dance very well. Skills knows capoeira and latin styles but I've seen this style of game work with pop/lock as well.

Then learn a bunch of fun interactive moves. There are lots of popular songs on rotation that are good to know if you can memorize some parts of the song to do this stuff with.
-if there are some specific moves to the song itself, learn them then point to girls that they don't know what they're doing and then show them
-if there's a place for flirtatious interaction take it, like a line in a song "baby you broke my heart" go up to a girl motion a cracking heart and fake plead to her. or "bitch I don't need you" go up and mouth the words and pretend to slap her and then turn around fake-indignant
-nonverbal teasing and push pull: imitate their dancing, go up to them like you're about to dance with them particularly, then stick out your tongue and leave at the last moment

and all sorts of things like that. do this regularly moving around the floor and girls will eagerly engage, and then Skills is very aware when a girl has popped and ready for him and then he moves in and dances with her, builds sexual tension, and continues.

This is obviously the best strategy for this kind of dance floor, which is also where he tends to operate. If it's small and just a few girls or very crowded that no one can see anything, then it would feel like overkill, but he also doesn't like those types of DFs. And maybe Skills himself doesn't always do this style of game, but this is what he did when I was out with him and I could tell that in terms of hooking girls in this is the highest % strategy.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
This is for a dance floor that isn't sardine packed and isn't empty.
This is obviously the best strategy for this kind of dance floor, which is also where he tends to operate. If it's small and just a few girls or very crowded that no one can see anything, then it would feel like overkill, but he also doesn't like those types of DFs.
So we are talking about different things here like apples and oranges. I don't live in one of the dance music capitals of the world, Miami area, just a European city with a million people and club operators tend to be very efficient here with how many people they let in: so the dance floors are sardine packed. Or alternatively, small and sardine packed. I don't remember if I've ever seen such a dance floor where the dynamics you described worked at all, certainly not in my city.

Any advice for sardine packed dance floors?

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
So we are talking about different things here like apples and oranges. I don't live in one of the dance music capitals of the world, Miami area, just a European city with a million people and club operators tend to be very efficient here with how many people they let in: so the dance floors are sardine packed. Or alternatively, small and sardine packed. I don't remember if I've ever seen such a dance floor where the dynamics you described worked at all, certainly not in my city.

Any advice for sardine packed dance floors?

we went out on a Thursday so he saw me and is describing a particular environment not too packed... In sardine pack you find a place probably near the dance floor were you kind of stay and operate from there, then as time goes on you move to other parts of the club and do the same... Also the clubs do not remain sardine packed all night long...

i don't know why tank keeps talking about capoeira, i do 0 capoeira moves on the dance floor(unless is kind of empty and i do a flip or 2) or even latin lol(unless a latin song comes up but i don't got to latin clubs)..... Finally, i do a million things what he describes is one of the million things...Plus everything changes with the years, and in different environments you have to do different things....

Tank

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Your footwork resembles capoeira, so your dancing still looks smooth even if you're not doing specific capoeira moves themselves.

And you can take the latin man out of the latin music but can't take the latin music out of the latin man :p just saying you move your hips 100x better than any white guy, take the compliment bro :)

Tank

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
But euro sardine clubs are "easier' in a sense because then you can just screen without any negative social proof.

EDM is a bit more difficult though because in general "partner" dance doesn't seem to make sense to the music, I wonder if anyone operates in those kind of places on the dfloor and can chime in?

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
But euro sardine clubs are "easier' in a sense because then you can just screen without any negative social proof.

EDM is a bit more difficult though because in general "partner" dance doesn't seem to make sense to the music, I wonder if anyone operates in those kind of places on the dfloor and can chime in?

edm clubs is more of a social circle/drug type game.... More verbal than typical dfg.... in my opinion is a bit of a waste of time if you goal is dance floor game, the reason is escalation is a lot harder....

Tank

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
That's a shame the only club in my city which regularly has many hot girls is one of those EDM drug dens

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I went out with Skills some years back and saw that his style of game was very effective for dance floor game and I've seen it on other occasions as well. When he writes about it he gets off track and he isn't the best writer (sorry bro, still love ya!)
You may have a point. :)

I'm saying this as someone questioning all the time WTF I'm doing on this forum at all? Do I get the value out of it for the time I'm putting in? Do I give value to others? Probably I just ramble, that's the most likely scenario. I'm saying this while truly resonating with @Skills' observation.

If you allow me this observation, probably we are not the best when it comes to Internet forums. Probably Internet forums aren't the best vehicles to exchange ideas and grow together. Not great, not terrible, but that's what we have. And we are just humans with limitations.

I have a million blog posts, answers and videos full of actionable advice that took me a million years to learn and tons of failures... you want baby sitting, maybe you should learn to ask questions space....
I know. Gave what I'd consider constructive feedback the last time I remember to your crowd-sourced fashion ebook (turned out to be a discontinued project but how should I have known?) and to your video - blog post about getting in clubs for free and also lots of "getting the ball rolling" in my recent posts in this thread. Then all your recent reaction were about how @Tank misrepresented you or something but without being descriptive or explanatory. It's totally fine.

There is typical type of posters that ask? gets the answers, does not do shit! and blame it on the person that gave the answer...
To be honest the most actionable advice I got from this topic so far is what I gave myself in this post. And my next course of action is going to be researching it in various parts of the Internet but we have so much time in a day for KJing, surfing the Net, having a life...

I also want to note that this is originally @SexNotValidation's thread I just joined he recently bumped so maybe he also didn't get what he was asking for 6 weeks and 3 pages before. Maybe it's not just me?

sorry bro, still love ya!

Last edited:

SexNotValidation

Space Monkey
space monkey
You may have a point. :)

I'm saying this as someone questioning all the time WTF I'm doing on this forum at all? Do I get the value out of it for the time I'm putting in? Do I give value to others? Probably I just ramble, that's the most likely scenario. I'm saying this while truly resonating with @Skills' observation.

If you allow me this observation, probably we are not the best when it comes to Internet forums. Probably Internet forums aren't the best vehicles to exchange ideas and grow together. Not great, not terrible, but that's what we have. And we are just humans with limitations.

I know. Gave what I'd consider constructive feedback the last time I remember to your crowd-sourced fashion ebook (turned out to be a discontinued project but how should I have known?) and to your video - blog post about getting in clubs for free and also lots of "getting the ball rolling" in my recent posts in this thread. Then all your recent reaction were about how @Tank misrepresented you or something but without being descriptive or explanatory. It's totally fine.

To be honest the most actionable advice I got from this topic so far is what I gave myself in this post. And my next course of action is going to be researching it in various parts of the Internet but we have so much time in a day for KJing, surfing the Net, having a life...

I also want to note that this is originally @SexNotValidation's thread I just joined he recently bumped so maybe he also didn't get what he was asking for 6 weeks and 3 pages before. Maybe it's not just me?

sorry bro, still love ya!

Yeah i gave up on this thread because no one was sharing any actionable advice.

the best resource to this day on dancefloor game is still Alek's article series so im just using that as my dancefloor methodology until i find something else.

>