What pants to wear with wool cardigan+wool t-shirt and all season jacket to avoid looking like a nice guy (except jeans)

Dexter

Space Monkey
space monkey
I'm trying to make an outfit that is attractive and as less pieces as possible of it need to be replaced between seasons. A merino wool t-shirt, merino wool cardigan, high tech jacket and year round breathable, comfortable shoes should do the trick. Though there is a problem- that look is a look of a nice guy.

The only piece that I think I won't be able to wear all season round is pants, since they can't be made to be wicking and breathable enough to keep me cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Therefore what kind of pants to wear doesn't really matter, as long as they dry fast, so no jeans, because it rains often where I live and they dry so slow, making me cold and uncomfortable.

So what kind of pants, except jeans, should I get to elevate the look from nice guy territory to something more attractive? Do you think that it's possible for pants to elevate the look from nice guy territory alone at all?

Thank you for your answers, I really appreciate them ;)

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human

you'll have to get the inseam tailored tho

Edit: the air force 1 link on your previous post, suggests you're in Sweden.

if that's the case, and they don't ship there, then I'd get these

which uses the same all year round tech fabric as the pants outlier makes.

Last edited:

Dexter

Space Monkey
space monkey

you'll have to get the inseam tailored tho

Edit: the air force 1 link on your previous post, suggests you're in Sweden.

if that's the case, and they don't ship there, then I'd get these

which uses the same all year round tech fabric as the pants outlier makes.

Do you think these pants will elevate the outfit from nice guy territory though? :)

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
the pants won't do much (its only boot-cut pants, and super tight skinny fit pants that are fashion sins) but ya the cardigan can definitely cause you to be perceived as a provider (nice guy more depends on your vibe/personality/game).

but even with a cardigan, you can make it work for you, if you fundamentals are in place.

facial hair
hairstyle
facial expressions
skincare
physique
(and secondary things like: tattoos, rings, necklace, bracelet, earring)

d40a87266544f1f0bd514227bdf4020c.jpg

Wonderful-Men-Cardigan-Style-Ideas.jpg

Street-Style-Cardigan-Outfit-Ideas-For-Men.jpg

Dexter

Space Monkey
space monkey
the pants won't do much (its only boot-cut pants, and super tight skinny fit pants that are fashion sins) but ya the cardigan can definitely cause you to be perceived as a provider (nice guy more depends on your vibe/personality/game).

but even with a cardigan, you can make it work for you, if you fundamentals are in place.

facial hair
hairstyle
facial expressions
skincare
physique

Let's say I have a neat long beard, neat long mustache, long hair until my shoulders, am fit, wear an edgy necklace, edgy bracelet and wear a minimalistic slim watch and wear the outfit I described+ chinos, will this outfit still make me look like I am a provider (nice guy) or not?
If yes, then what should I swap in the outfit that is going to make the outfit look different?

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
Yeah your fundamentals are fine (me personally, I prefer stubble facial hair and a few unique rings on my fingers. But not necessary) What I'd swap is the cardagian (cardigans like polos are often worn by provider types, so you'll get stereotyped as such, unless you can change their perception of you via conversation) for a stylish hoodie (stereotypically wore by fuckboys).

https://onpointfresh.com/best-hoodies-men/

(I personally like the John Elliott one at the bottom).

Dexter

Space Monkey
space monkey
Yeah your fundamentals are fine (me personally, I prefer stubble facial hair and a few unique rings on my fingers. But not necessary) What I'd swap is the cardagian (cardigans like polos are often worn by provider types, so you'll get stereotyped as such, unless you can change their perception of you via conversation) for a stylish hoodie (stereotypically wore by fuckboys).

https://onpointfresh.com/best-hoodies-men/

(I personally like the John Elliott one at the bottom).

1) Wait, I don't understand, so with the fundamentals and the outfit I described will the outfit still look like nice guy (provider) attire unless I swap the cardigan?

2) Aren't hoodies more strongly associated with students, lazy and immature people than fuck boys or is it just me?

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
1) Wait, I don't understand, so with the fundamentals and the outfit I described will the outfit still look like nice guy (provider) attire unless I swap the cardigan?
Yeah the cardigan is stereotypical worn by providers. You will very rarely see fuckboys/lovers rocking them while out and about. With that being said, you can still make it (a stereotypical provider piece) work, with your other fundamentals in place.

12145466-4

facial hair
hairstyle
facial expressions
skincare
physique
Not ideal as a layer item. The ideal would be a stylish hoodie because of its already positive association with fuckboys

Dexter

Space Monkey
space monkey
Yeah the cardigan is stereotypical worn by providers. You will very rarely see fuckboys/lovers rocking them while out and about. With that being said, you can still make it (a stereotypical provider piece) work, with your other fundamentals in place.

12145466-4

Not ideal as a layer item. The ideal would be a stylish hoodie because of its already positive association with fuckboys

Okay, I understand the 1 part, but 1 more thing is still unclear to me:
Aren't hoodies more strongly associated with students, lazy, immature people than fuck boys?

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
Aren't hoodies more strongly associated with students, lazy, immature people than fuck boys?
Yeah I remember when I was new to fashion, I'd read articles like this which made me go out and buy cardigans, V neck cashmere, cable knit sweater...but then I'd just end up looking way too dressed up/providery for the girls I wanted lol.

I guess thats just the view held by the previous generation (those that are 40 years old and over) :)

P.S. well known fuckboy, Scott Disick (37 years old) is often photographed rocking John Elliot hoodies

Last edited:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

facial hair
hairstyle
facial expressions
skincare
physique

Yeah I rock mine like 2nd pic

>