Long-Term  When She Cries...

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hold Her Close

Last night during pillow talk with my girlfriend as happy as she seemed that day I could tell something was wrong. I openly ask her if something had been bothering her lately. She said she looked a picture of her grandfather and she felt really sad. I just simply told her, "I know how much he meant to you . . . and as close as I am to you I know can't replace the love he had for you." She gripped me close trying to fight tears, "Baby, its alright cry if you need too." I stroked her hair, and held her soft naked body to mine.

Whenever your girlfriend cries she isn't looking for amazing words . . . she simply needs you to be there. Be her rock and hold her close.

Another time,

Just Dave

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hey Dave,

Solid advice here.

I'd add one corollary that if it's a situation where she views you as the cause of the crying (e.g., her friends or family are causing drama because she's dating you, or she's upset about you and another girl, or whatever it is), it's important that you don't hold her here, and don't do anything, so it doesn't seem like you're chasing after her. In this case, the holding gets taken as you feeling guilty and trying to make up for it, which is bad and something you don't want happening.

Outside of that one though, other times she's crying for sure - hold her and comfort her when she needs it (although if she starts doing it all the time, you'll need to start telling her to shape up and get her stuff together... but usually this isn't a problem).

Cheers,
Chase

Just_Dave

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Chase said:
Hey Dave,

Solid advice here.

I'd add one corollary that if it's a situation where she views you as the cause of the crying (e.g., her friends or family are causing drama because she's dating you, or she's upset about you and another girl, or whatever it is), it's important that you don't hold her here, and don't do anything, so it doesn't seem like you're chasing after her. In this case, the holding gets taken as you feeling guilty and trying to make up for it, which is bad and something you don't want happening.

Outside of that one though, other times she's crying for sure - hold her and comfort her when she needs it (although if she starts doing it all the time, you'll need to start telling her to shape up and get her stuff together... but usually this isn't a problem).

Cheers,
Chase

Thanks for the second part of advice Chase, now I what to do just in case.

>