Forum Feedback  Who Are The GC Staff On The Boards?

Troy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hi @Chase

I have seen @Bismarck active on the boards as staff and I sent private messages on Sunday but have not heard back from him. I am not sure if he is swamped with work and simply has not gotten the time to respond, or his role may not be private messaging for support.

I have a few questions and wanted to know who is in charge here that I can private message? Who are all the staff to reach out to? It would be great to have a panel where I can see these persons (at all times) logged in or not. That way I can alternate asking different staff... to just space out the workload. I rarely have questions for the staff, but I mean when I do, it would be great to know who to ask.

Thanks

Troy

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Go to the menu > members > registered members > staff
I think he tries not to spam the staff, but still wants to get answers in a reasonable amount of time.

What happened to Mike Silvertree anyway? Been some time that I have seen him on the boards. He was usually quite fast on the response.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Troy,

Of the current staff, MD and Pravin work on the backend. @Mike Silvertree hasn't been around in I think a year or more. He's older, in his mid- to late-70s IIRC, and has some projects of his own he was working on. I keep meaning to check in on him; hopefully he's doing all right. @Gunwitch suffered a personal loss about a year back and has not been around as much. @Grand Pooba hasn't been around much.

@Bismarck checks in from time to time, but isn't on a huge amount I don't believe, and I don't usually see him handling reports.

So most of the moderating is me these days, but I'm only on here infrequently and I have PMs disabled because I can't even keep up with long forum threads + a bajillion people from GC waiting on responses from me via Skype, email, Jira, Slack, freelancing platforms, and a million other places and having folks sending me long PMs would lead to an inbox with infinite unanswered messages for me and a lot of frustrated forum members on the other side of them.

I guess the tl;dr is we probably need to reevaluate the moderating team, see who's still down for active moderating, and bring in a new mod or two on top of things.

Chase

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
*cough*

Unofficial Moderators.

BeefTan - Zac
Special Enforcer - Mist22
Magician - Train
Master Jedi - Alpha1
Chainsaw Ganado - Fluxcapacitor

*cough cough*

p s: in case, this is a joke. Goodness, playing of realities out in this world, is going crazy.

z@c+

Bismarck

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hey Troy,

I didn't get your message. Can you try messaging me again?

Thanks.
~Bizz

Troy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Of the current staff, MD and Pravin work on the backend.
Ok cool

@Mike Silvertree hasn't been around in I think a year or more. He's older, in his mid- to late-70s IIRC, and has some projects of his own he was working on. I keep meaning to check in on him; hopefully he's doing all right.
Yeah I was wondering about him too. @Mike Silvertree I hope you are doing well sir. Damn in your 70's, I really hope you live well into your 100 + birthday. I think he is married right? Yeah Mike get your groove on old playa lol.
Go to the menu > members > registered members > staff
Thank you!

I think he tries not to spam the staff, but still wants to get answers in a reasonable amount of time.

What happened to Mike Silvertree anyway? Been some time that I have seen him on the boards. He was usually quite fast on the response.
Yes, that's it. I want to be respectful of others' time on here and only message when it's a dire emergency. Yeah, I hope Mike Silvertree is doing good. He has one of the dopest display pics on here. He seems like a classy guy, from the way I read his posts.

@Gunwitch suffered a personal loss about a year back and has not been around as much.
@Gunwitch I share my sincere condolences with you at this time. I will say a word of prayer for you at this tragic time of your life.

@Grand Pooba hasn't been around much.
@Grand Pooba I hope you are doing well sir. Funny enough, every time I hear the name"Grand Pooba" I think back to Kung Fu Panda. I don't know why ;)

@Bismarck checks in from time to time, but isn't on a huge amount I don't believe, and I don't usually see him handling reports.
and

Hey Troy,

I didn't get your message. Can you try messaging me again?

Thanks.
~Bizz
Hey Bismarck, sure thing. I copied the message, opened a new conversation and sent it off now. Good to have you here sir :)

So most of the moderating is me these days, but I'm only on here infrequently and I have PMs disabled because I can't even keep up with long forum threads + a bajillion people from GC waiting on responses from me via Skype, email, Jira, Slack, freelancing platforms, and a million other places and having folks sending me long PMs would lead to an inbox with infinite unanswered messages for me and a lot of frustrated forum members on the other side of them.

I guess the tl;dr is we probably need to reevaluate the moderating team, see who's still down for active moderating, and bring in a new mod or two on top of things.

Chase
I agree and I get it. You are only 1 man... expectations and boundaries need to be set so you can find time to get all the things important in your day completed. Another question that popped in my mind @Chase could we get more emojis on the board. Like Whatsapp or Facebook Messenger, even GIF's would be great. Every time I click on the "Smiles" option above I look for a laughing emoji and cannot find it. I think more emojis would make the boards more fun. I can even imagine @ZacAdam using them up on his GirlsChase Meme Series haha. I certainly would.

*cough*

Unofficial Moderators.

BeefTan - Zac
Special Enforcer - Mist22
Magician - Train
Master Jedi - Alpha1
Chainsaw Ganado - Fluxcapacitor

*cough cough*

p s: in case, this is a joke. Goodness, playing of realities out in this world, is going crazy.

z@c+
LOL

Troy

Bismarck

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
BTW @Chase can you please unblock your PMs - just sent you two important ones (about Troy and another issue that was still pending between us regarding Beam).

Thanks.
~Bizz

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
@Troy,

Of the current staff, MD and Pravin work on the backend. @Mike Silvertree hasn't been around in I think a year or more. He's older, in his mid- to late-70s IIRC, and has some projects of his own he was working on. I keep meaning to check in on him; hopefully he's doing all right. @Gunwitch suffered a personal loss about a year back and has not been around as much. @Grand Pooba hasn't been around much.

Chase

please just put @POB and maybe @Will_V ...... that would be enough..... Those guys would make ideal mods...

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Well I'd be happy to do a bit of maintenance on these forums, I'm probably not as experienced as some of the other guys here though I do like to add something to threads when I think it would be useful.

Troy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Guys,

What if Will_V is actually Chase?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If Will_V is Chase, that's some damn good acting ya'll. We need to nominate Chase for an Oscars award next year. Hopefully, Chris Rock shows up and friendly roasts Chase too lol.

Troy

Edit: @Bismarck I saw your response. Thank you for helping.

Last edited:

Gunwitch

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Thanks guys, yeah all good here now for quite a while. After lockdowns and all have been off screens as much though. I try to pop in for Sunday chat time but often don't make it cause i'll be out Saturday night til 10am Sunday wasted and such. Post pandemic maybe need to change it to Tuesday chat.

Gun

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
yeah they do write similar....
Lol ok so I'm not Chase but I do see similarities.

Obviously Chase has way more experience with pick up, I'm still very much a student of the game and have plenty more to learn.

I think what makes us come across in a similar way is the way that we experienced and dealt with very difficult times in life, and how it affects the way we express ourselves. I don't know him personally, but having read many of his inspirational articles I get the sense that some of the twists and turns were the same.

There is a certain kind of tranquillity of mind and prioritisation of truth and understanding that comes to people who have looked into the abyss, so to speak, and not run away from what they saw, but walked along the edge to find out what was really there.

Other than that I remember Chase mentioned somewhere that he developed this community by always trying to make every post useful and informative. Since I'm a guest here I try to do the same.

I do think he's more analytical than I am, which should be obvious from my more expressive posts, and I'm sure there's plenty of things we disagree on. But I came here because I found in his articles a kind of perspective that is very rare, what appeared to be an attempt to connect many different aspects of the masculine experience into a cohesive whole, developed along history.

Some people, like me, develop habits and beliefs not through repetition but through connecting something with many other pieces of understanding like a jigsaw puzzle. Maybe again this is a particular mode of people who have developed an instinct to run toward the truth when things get difficult.

I've never really participated in any online men's groups before, but I came because I realised that eventually you have to actively support the things that are important or they will be destroyed, and almost nothing right now is more important for the functionality of the world and the prospects for the future than discovering and developing the proper masculine role. Most other places are very superficial or whiny and negative, but this one was built on a deep understanding of things that go far beyond just getting girls into bed. If I can do something to help it grow I would be glad.

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
please just put @POB and maybe @Will_V ...... that would be enough..... Those guys would make ideal mods...
I second POB. No opinions about Will. Solid poster, never caused any trouble, but beyond that I know little about him.
Lol, this shit has become like when Jon Snow was being voted to become the Lord Commander of the night's watch. Alright @POB would be a fine Lord Commander haha
Wow, the amount of love I'm getting here is overwhelming!!!
Thx a lot guys, this means the world to me, really.

Just to put things in context (for those who don't know me well):
- I used to do moderation for the now defunct NextAsf forum;
- I do own a very volatile Facebook group with almost 9K people where I'm the sole adm/moderator (we help people screwed up by travel corporations that use third party mileage to buy plane tickets...it's a jungle for sure);
- my time now is really really scarce because I'll be finally ditching my boring corporate job and transition to fully self-employed, hopefully in the next couple of months;

That said, I'm always glad to help, but I'll probably be able to check things here only once a week.
If @Chase is ok with it, I can say the oath and begin my watch by the wall lol

>