Working street game while driving?

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey gentleman, a new chapter of pick up is awaiting me, and the title says it all. From now on, on my way anywhere, I'll be trying to develop techniques for street pick up while driving. I'm compressing articles, and ideas, developing a basic set of theories on how to do so, and I'll be posting regularly, or whenever I get a report from doing this. Feel free to chip in guys, if anyone has advice on doing this, or has done this before, feel free to chip in.

Enjoy,
Richard

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey Zphix, this seems like a very good idea, I can imagine it will be very useful especially to those living in less pedestrian-friendly cities (which is most of the USA!). Look forward to hearing your findings. I really like the simplicity of your approach and explanations, find your tone very relatable. -Marty

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Thank you Marty. I'm doing this because it is especially useful for those who, like you said, live in pedestrian friendly cities, but! I'm doing this mostly because I come from a small population, and my surrounding cities/ towns (except Chicago) don't have much to offer in day game. Basically, I don't have a lot of women to choose from almost anywhere I go; I can't go to the mall to find a plethora of women, nor K-Mart. But, on my way to these places, I'll generally see a couple girls walking, and they're usually cute! so, I'm going to be working car game, so people who don't have a plethora of women to approach can make the most of every opportunity.

As far as my approaches, I don't see a need to be overly complex, but you wouldn't believe how many guys can't pull off the simplicity of my approaching style which is a bit unorthodox actually. But, I'll get more into that another day.

I appreciate your kind words Marty, I wish you the best of luck with your PU.

-Richard

The Tool

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey Richard. From what I am reading are you planning on developing ways to do street game? or too drive up to women on the side walk. Jump out. and open them with a direct opener? LOL. Hopefully its the first. If so Day game is my specialty.

I mean this response with the best intentions so please dont take it the wrong way. Anyway. If this the second one. Imagine this. your a cute girl walking down the street. Suddenly A man drives up. Jumps out of the car. and opens you with. Hi I just saw you while I was driving. thought you were cute. and had to say hello. I'm Richard. (imagine the shock, and worry you would feel. you would not be feeling calm and willing to listen to what this man has to say.

I could only see this working if you see a cute girl walking down the sidewalk and you drive to another corner where she cant see you park. and walk in her direction and calmly and smoothly open her.

Cheers. The Tool

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Haha, I've parked out of their sight and approached normally before, and it works, but sometimes, you don't always have the opportunity to stop. Nor would I be jumping out of my car either, I simply mean, stopping at a red light or a stop sign, or slowing down a road with no traffic and actually opening her from your driver seat.

Crazier things have been posted, and perfected here, I figure, why not this too? More or less, I've thought about something like this, following Chases advice on what to do if you don't have a lot of time... I'm thinking something like:

Pull up to the side of the road in car, and then:
Me: "Excuse me, do you have a minute?"
Her responses could vary from No, Yes, Why, or ignore completely...
Her: "Yeah sure, what's up?"
Me: "Admittedly, I'm a little pressed on time, but I thought you were cute"
Her: "Ohh, well thank you."
Me: I'm Richard by the way."
Her: "Staci."
Me: "Well Staci, as I said, I'm pressed on time. But Id love to have a proper conversation some time. If you're interested, let's swap numbers and make plans."

The world isn't perfect, and I'm sure this won't happen often, probably very rarely. But I'm debating trying something like this, because even if you break a few of the rules from GirlsChase, getting one girl out of 50 like this, is better than having missed 50 girls you saw walking and could do nothing about...

Like I said, this is definitely in its infant stage, but I'm still going to give it a try, who knows what may come of it.

If anybody has anything else to contribute, feel free. And Tool, I'm curious to see what your thoughts on my above hypothesis is ;)

-Richard

The Tool

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Pull up to the side of the road in car, and then:
Me: "Excuse me, do you have a minute?"
Her responses could vary from No, Yes, Why, or ignore completely...
Her: "Yeah sure, what's up?"
Me: "Admittedly, I'm a little pressed on time, but I thought you were cute"
Her: "Ohh, well thank you.
To me this sounds like the beginning of a horrible end in some movies Ive seen. If you do this many will not be very open. They will have their shields on maximum. They don't know whats going to happen. some strange guy just pulled up and started talking to them. I just don't like this idea at all despite that you said it would be a rare occurrence.

And I don't want to discourage you from trying new things and going out there because that's the best way to learn. But....

Me: "Well Staci, as I said, I'm pressed on time. But Id love to have a proper conversation some time. If you're interested, let's swap numbers and make plans."
with this like I could maybe see thing working 1/50 times. with 1/100 times she actually answers the text. But I could be wrong. I just think your time could be more spent driving to the location your going too and running game there instead of stopping to possibly not creep a girl out. WITH THIS YOU HAVE TO BE PERFECT IN EVERYTHING YOU PRESENT.

I could see this working if you pull up showing high value in like a Lamborghini, Bugatti, or a nice porche. but anything that is kind-of run down or your regular run of the mill vehicle she willl put up her creep factor 100%.

Like I said I know you described your situation. And I agree your hard pressed. But I just don't like this one bit. Its worth a shot as a learning experience. But I just don't think its worth the effort.

Cheers, The Tool

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey Zphix, your discussion here reminded me to ask something I've been wondering about for some time.

Your opener in the above approach states interest with "I thought you were cute". When opening direct, is there a difference in outcome between the following?

• Showing explicit appreciation for her physical beauty (I find you cute, beautiful, adorable, etc.) as you have done here; or:

• Picking out something specific to compliment (you have the loveliest eyes, hair; or, that dress suits you so beautifully)

Is one more polarizing than the other? Is one or other "better"?

I'd be interested to hear from either you or Tool Vaunswa on this!

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Marty,
In my opinion, one doesn't hold any significant value over the other.

With " I had to come say you are incredibly cute," or anything like that. You're opening direct, and expressing your interest from jump street, and if she receives it warmly, most of the time you have a green light to press forward.

With "you have the loveliest eyes" or anything like this, in my opinion it's opening indirect, which I don't advocate for (unless I need to). It shows that you're noticing her, but doesn't outright explain why you came to tell her, it's more implied, and implications can go unnoticed sometimes, and it will make pressing forward a little more rocky, but nothing crazy.

SO! If I had to choose one over the other, I'd go the direct route with "I had to come say, you are incredibly cute.."

Tool,

To me this sounds like the beginning of a horrible end in some movies Ive seen. If you do this many will not be very open

LOL! I was thinking thinking this exact same thing, and I'm aware of their shields being up to max, but I'm quite good with letting shields down or bypassing them outright. I do agree that it is best to get to wherever you're driving to to work some game, there's no harm in running game at a red light ;) All in all, I don't expect much to come out of this, and I'm doing it, as you said, for the experience and it should be fun! Who knows, this may just be crazy enough to work!

Also, I think (despite me being personally against it since I like to run direct game), I think this would be the best time to run indirect game, with something like:
"Excuse me, if you have a minute. I was looking for the (insert store name here) around here, can you help?"
I'd make the store really close and convenient so it'll be less likely for her to say she doesn't know where it's at, and go from there.

BUT MAN! I DISLIKE INDIRECT GAME =(

-Richard

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Zphix, thanks: that's really helpful.

On the original topic: what if you turn the tables such that you are the pedestrian, and you signal a girl to stop her car with nonverbals! Gaining compliance instantly... just to tell her she's incredibly cute when she winds down the window, LOL. Takes care of most of the safety concerns, too... She can just drive off any time, so it's almost like you're "locked in".

The Tool

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Marty- to be honest. Good luck getting her to stop unless your hurt or dying. Just my take on things

Richard

All in all, I don't expect much to come out of this, and I'm doing it, as you said, for the experience and it should be fun! Who knows, this may just be crazy enough to work!
I expect to be notified when your able to. on the results of this lol im extremely curious lol

lso, I think (despite me being personally against it since I like to run direct game), I think this would be the best time to run indirect game, with something like:
"Excuse me, if you have a minute. I was looking for the (insert store name here) around here, can you help?"
yea but the bummer is once youve stated where you need to go. since your in a car its tough to take the conversation elsewhere when shes given you the information you needed. so then choice of game is up to you.

indirect game. yea....its a bummer.. but for some people trying to get experience it can be then best route.

Good Luck.

The Tool

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Zphix, thanks, I tried the "incredibly cute" opener in Target right after you posted it. You're right, it's no harder to spit out than a clothing/hair compliment and gets similar appreciation (and is even more polarizing which saves time wasters).

I think the reason I've been using it less is that I had been concerned that it could be seen as supplicational. I'm still getting this stuff straight in my head.

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Will be paying attention here to see what Z's results are like.

Reminds me of something that happened a couple months ago that I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but this sort of triggered it in my memory. I saw a girl I actually knew walking downtown (she works downtown), and I pulled over and waved her over just to talk to her for a minute - the usual, hey what's going on? You going to grab lunch? How's your brother? blah blah blah and after a minute or so talking to me she says "If people see me with my head in your car window they're going to think I'm a prositute! Haha! Call me sometime, okay?"

So, just something to add to Tool's list. I think there are a TON of reasons why this won't work. But, if anyone can make it work it's probably Zphix :)

NJ

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Haha J, nice to see you have such confidence in me, and I will surely keep that and the other TON of issues I see as well.

I have a strong theory on this now, and its right up my alley. Well, not really a theory, just a couple of ideas that seem like they'd work, and it all revolves around emotion, not coming off as a sexy man, instead coming off as a friendly, safe guy at FIRST, then using emotional contagion to get her to unconsciously lower her shields.

If that makes any sense, I have a number of things to test out now, and I'll be posting results when I see fit. As a bonus, I drive around in a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am, so, nothing incredibly fancy, so my tests revolve around the man, not the car.

-Cheers,
Richard

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Alright, today, I had a success with this today. After running through a lot of logistics, and planning out the best approaches to tackle this, I field tested this tactic.

So, I was driving down the road, no other cars around me, a few parked at the gas station and other venues around. I saw this girl, she looked like a 7, her hair caught my attention, and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to test ;) The dialogue went as follows:

Me: " Hey! Excuse me, do you have a minute? I need some directions."
Her: "Where are you going?"
Me: "I'm looking for K-Mart.... I'm a little embarrassed, but I'm new to the area."
Her: she approached "Aw, don't be embarrassed... it happens to all of us. Anyway, you mean the K-Mart on such and such?"
Me: "Ummm, I think so, that's the one next to the 7-11 right?"
Her: "Yes!"
Me: "That's the one then, how do I get there?"
Her: "Keep going straight, and you'll hit such and such avenue, go left, and take that down about 3 blocks"
Me: "Ohhh thank you so much!"
Her: "No problem!" she was walking away, and I said
Me: "Hey wait, do you have a minute?"
Her: "For what?"
Me: "I'm new in the area, I was wondering what kind of trouble I can get into out here?"
Her: "Ohhh, well, usually my friend and I..."
Me: "Wait a sec, do you mind if I park and then chat?"
Her: "ummm sure."
Me: "Okay" I park within her eye sight, and approach
Me: "Sorry about that, I don't want to waste your time, but I've been so bored at home lately, I really don't know what their is to do out here."
so we proceeded to talk about fun things to do in the area, and after I approached her after exiting my car, I opened regularly and she responded well, I just had to be more cautious, and do things a bit slower. However, I did get her number, and it sounds like I might go shooting pool later on tonight.

Ordinarily, I don't lying to women, I prefer to be up front, in this case, I think I had to lie a little bit, I'll be field testing more and more soon

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Richard-

This one's interesting. I've heard a few scattered reports of guys doing this in cities, where they see a girl, go past her, park somewhere, and then walk back acting like they were just walking along and engage her. And I had a friend who perfected a method of picking up girls at street lights or in parking garages when THEY were driving and HE was hoofing it (turns out the best way to talk to a girl in a car is to crouch down on your legs about 10 feet away from the car, so you're at eye-level but not so close it's startling; he claimed to have hopped in a few girls' cars this way and ended up going back to their beds, and gotten more phone numbers this way, too).

The directions thing is probably easier to start out with and less intimidating, but what I'd REALLY be interested to see is what kind of results you get with pulling over to talk to a girl and opening her direct. My HUNCH is that you'd have some girls who are just freaked by this, but others who turn on super hard and you get an easy phone number from or maybe just pull and bed then and there. Basically, super polarizing, as either really weird or really sexy and ballsy and romantic, depending on the girl and her paranoia / thrill-seeking levels (and how she feels about you yourself, of course).

On pulling over and talking to girls - I'd probably suggest, if you pull over and start chatting with a girl and you hit it off, rather than you get out of the car, or you stay sitting there while she stands inside, tell her to get in mid-conversation, in a friendly and inviting tone. Once she's in for a few minutes, if it's going really well, you can maybe say something like, "You want to go for an adventure?" and then take it from there. Guesswork / speculation here, but I'm thinking with girls it goes well with this probably gets you optimal results.

Chase

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Chase, I'm thinking you're right, opening direct would be either an immediate turn on or off. Ironically enough, when I decided to pursue this I've suddenly stopped seeing women walking while I'm driving, or am having no opportunity to do so. I'm doing this whenever I see an opportunity, and I'll definitely be posting up the results, do you have any more input Chase?

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Chase said:
And I had a friend who perfected a method of picking up girls at street lights or in parking garages when THEY were driving and HE was hoofing it

I love this idea. I'm going to give it a go... I'm constantly seeing cute girls behind the wheel when I'm on foot. And when they're exiting parking garages, for example, quite often there's no traffic to worry about, so they'd be less likely to feel under pressure with drivers behind honking etc.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Marty said:
And when they're exiting parking garages, for example, quite often there's no traffic to worry about, so they'd be less likely to feel under pressure with drivers behind honking etc.

That is exactly the way in which one of this friend's behind-the-wheel impromptu love affairs he told me about unfolded - he met a very elegantly-dressed girl driving out of a parking garage while he was walking, crouched down, opened her, hopped in her car with her, and off they went to her apartment.

There is precedent... believe it or not.

Chase

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Chase said:
turns out the best way to talk to a girl in a car is to crouch down on your legs about 10 feet away from the car, so you're at eye-level but not so close it's startling
I tried this for the first time today... I've been meaning to do it for a while, but the circumstances haven't always been right with moving traffic etc. This was in an open-air parking lot, so it was easier.

I believe that signalling nonverbally for the girl to wind down the window itself generates compliance upfront. The girl was in a hurry so I number-closed within less than a minute. Not sure whether anything will materialize... she said I could call this evening, but she didn't pick up.

BarryS1

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Haha, I've parked out of their sight and approached normally before, and it works, but sometimes, you don't always have the opportunity to stop. Nor would I be jumping out of my car either, I simply mean, stopping at a red light or a stop sign, or slowing down a road with no traffic and actually opening her from your driver seat.

I've never had the opportunity of opening while in the car seat, but have parked the car first! I live in a heavy suburban area, so this worked out great.

Got the chance to get a few data points on street game while driving the past few months, but with methods in addition to Zphix's. I tried approaching girls on the street who were walking because I’ve had the best results with those. Whenever I approaching girls running, they don’t stop or get a bit spooked. I approached three ways in a neighborhood with shopping centers and busy streets with four lanes on each side. All six girls were from ages 18-25, so not too far off from me (23).

Type 1) driving right up to her, illegally parking on a busy street, and approaching from the front (letting her see you get out)

Two approaches, blowouts both times. Both girls walking by themselves.

They got spooked and kept walking away. The two approaches looked the same:

Me: Excuse me!

Girl: (Looks over)

Me: I was just driving by and had to say you have the most radiant hair I’ve seen all day. Really shines in the sunlight. I’m Barry!

Girl: Oh, um…Thanks (Surprised face and kept walking on).

Type 2) driving a little ahead, parking in a lot by a store, and approaching from the front (not letting her see you get out)

Three tries and two numbers, but no dates. One group approach, two by themselves.

After getting blown out the last two times, I changed my approach by not letting her see me get out. I number closed the first time, but the girl had problems hearing my direct compliment (see above) because of road noise. I shortened the direct opener, added pauses, and spoke louder:

Me: Excuse me!

Girl: (Looks over)

Me: I was driving by (pause) and I thought your outfit was STUNNING. I’m Barry!

Type 3) driving a little ahead, parking in a lot by a store, and approaching from the front (not mentioning the car in conversation)

Lay (walking girl) - I’ll post this soon!

I was driving home from the gym and saw a girl walking on the street. I parked the car and pretended to jog and approached her from the front.

Me: Oh, hellooo!

Girl: (puts her headphones down and smiles).

Me: I was just running by.

Girl: Okay! (haha)

Me: (pause) I throughout your outfit was STUNNING.

Girl: Oh…thank you!

Me: I’m Barry.

Main takeaways were talking loud, using pauses, and saying simple compliments in the beginning. The road noise really made me slow down.

>