You text more than you need to

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Full disclaimer my texting game is so bad it ends up being kind of good. I’m slow to reply, quite blunt & the undertone is clear I’d rather be doing other things.

During daygame, when I get a number, I’ll agree a date and time in my follow up text, up to 2 weeks in advance. I’ll then go radio silent until 2 days before the date where I’ll say “we still good for xyz?”

A year ago I never would of thought this would work but I’m pleasantly surprised that it does even when I used to do online dating were girls are notoriously more flaky.

Funny thing is girls would even comment on it in a flirty way as it apparently builds mystery & intrigue.

They think I’m trying to be cool but reality is I’m shit at texting small talk & id probably put you off seeing me lol.

This reduces the chance of me messing up.

There’s a chase article here saying texting should be for rapport building & logistics only.

I agree and I’ve skipped the former and have a much more enjoyable dating life because of it.

Only downside is I may have lost a few “maybe” girls from online due to shooting for a date or nothing rather than texting more but in my experience the ROI is so bad the juice just isn’t worth the squeeze.

Anyone else found a similar thing?

HumanWhoLearns

Space Monkey
space monkey
I've found that too much texting will lead to girls being thoroughly unexcited while on the date. I'm probably not that good of a texter, but it also begs the question: why would you want to have a long conversation over text with someone? Like you said, it increases the chance you'll mess up and could make you look needy. Although some girls will clearly need some engaging conversation before they're comfortable going out with you. Be that mysterious guy that she has to work for, and she'll appreciate you a lot more.

cruiser

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You should check out chases how to text a girl book. Its got great insight to this. Minimal texting.

BigPapa

Space Monkey
space monkey
Depends on the girl and your value & attainability .

sometimes If you have attainability issues is better to deep dive a little bit through texting , otherwise you will end up with a flake :)

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Depends on the girl and your value & attainability .

sometimes If you have attainability issues is better to deep dive a little bit through texting , otherwise you will end up with a flake :)

True true though I find having a mini deep dive then qualifying whilst getting the number gets the same effect and helps me avoid the dreaded (for me) back & forth aha

BigPapa

Space Monkey
space monkey
Well is not exactly the same thing , the energy changes , face2face vs texting . Maybe when you talk to her face2face she is super into you , but when you send a text she starts thinking if you really like her or not or if she really likes you or not . Stuff like that :)

if you deep dive a little bit through texting before asking her out , first of all you will gauge her interest in you , plus she will be like “ yeah , I think I really like this guy , let”s meet to see what the cat has in the bag “ . It is minimum effort on your side .

now you do not go back and forth with too many texts , Maximum 10 is ok . The. When you invite her out it sounds and feels more natural to her .

in addition , women are not stupid , she knows why you are texting her and that’s to meet later , just that She has the power and not you . There are plenty of dicks for her to choose from , but a guy who she thinks really likes her as a human being and she likes him back is not that easy to find ;)

Last edited:
>