Zapp's epic quest to get laid

zappbrannigan

Space Monkey
space monkey
I talked about this with my psychologist, and he advised me to pick up the phone and give her a call, so that I can get closure.

So that's what I did, and it turned out she was unable to text me. This is probably true, because I know other people sometimes have trouble texting me, too. I asked her when she had time, and she suggested meeting up on Monday already (which might be a good sign) but then suggested after training. I told her well, okay, then I need to first shower a bit beforehand. You don't want to sit next to a sweaty guy. Then she suggested we have a drink at the place very close to the training location. She said it's fine, we used to go have a drink after training all the time. I had to think a bit and said "okay, at least we both know we'll have time then".

I could've handled that better. She basically steamrolled me and I didn't realise it in time. I hope she's not thinking of this as just a "friendly" get together for drinks.

One advantage is that this location is great logistically, as she lives at walking distance from the training location. To my place it's 15 minutes by bike.

So I'm now wondering if I've already been friendzoned, or if she is just very eager to meet with me and doesn't want to wait any longer than till Monday.

In this particular situation I'd be happy to go the boyfriend route, but still I'll have to try and move fast.

zappbrannigan

Space Monkey
space monkey
Well, that was frustrating... She had to go to another country for an emergency at work so she couldn't meet up with me last week. She had the decency to text me about it, using her work phone. So she made the effort, and she also said we would meet up a week later instead.

Fast forward to today (yesterday she couldn't make it, apparently; no text or anything). Before training, I briefly talked to her, but I didn't get the vibe we had before, but no big deal. Then afterwards, I noticed her at a bench, and when I turned around again I didn't see her anymore. So I walked out to see if I could spot her walking away, no such thing. I tried to call her and she didn't pick up. I texted saying she left quickly and asked if she forgot about the drink. As I went home, I was feeling kind of frustrated and annoyed but not sad. I think this is an evolution in my thinking about women! I also decided I really need to work on more women. Get as many damned dates/approaches under my belt as humanly possible.

Anyway, I was getting ahead of things already. Because when she got home she saw my text and then she tried to call me, I didn't see/hear it (because I was walking around the house with my phone away). When she couldn't reach me, she texted me. As I was reading the text, I saw another call from her come in, and I answered it. She explained that she'd gone back inside to ask the teacher some questions, and I said I saw her at the bench and then she was gone so I thought she'd gone out.

What does my behaviour communicate to her? Well, I was relaxed about the whole thing, I didn't get pissed off. She was probably a bit disappointed that I wasn't there, which is good (spiked emotions!). The fact that I assumed she'd forgotten about the date could be a red flag on her end though. But on the phone I smiled and laughed about it and said it was stupid (which she seemed to interpret as stupid from me?). I asked when she was available next. First she misspoke as "next weekend". Then she corrected herself "next week". I said "Monday, Tuesday?", she said "yeah one of those". She doesn't seem too concerned about the whole thing. I'm not feeling a whole lot of interest from her. But maybe she's just trying to play it cool. She did that when I asked her number as well. Maybe she's just trying to hide her attraction from me to see where I'm at, first?

>