#1 shopping opener

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Thought I'd share my #1 opener when shopping. It's so simple, and the opportunity so common I rarely need another opener.

Basically, you see a babe standing in front of a shelf/rack considering some items, you approach and open with

"I can tell you are putting a lot of thought into this decision."

Granted your fundamentals are decent you will always be met warmly. Often with a laugh.

Now, obviously you have to follow this opener up to generate conversational momentum. But you can definitely consider the ice broken at this point.

Here are some simple follow ups

-Highlight how important the decision she is making truly is

"picking the right cheese can really make or break a picnic"

"its amazing how the wrong socks can throw off you off. Have you walking you walking funny all day

-Comment on the items she is considering

"This pattern is incredible. You would definitely catch glances wearing that one"

"This color definitely works on you" (holding short up to her arm/hand)(can also ask for her to hold her hand out like "here let me see, hold your hand out real quick")

- Ask her how her day is going (usually best after you have had a couple small conversational beats first but can definitely keep the ball rolling)

-Tease her about how focused she is

"I'm actually kind of concerned for you, this is clearly weighing on you."

"the focus is actually impressive, I bet that's a good skill in other parts of your life"

-Go slightly direct

"You seemed interesting, I just wanted to meet you really quick"

"what is we took a moment to meet eachother?"

-Go a little more direct

"you were totally reminding me of a former lover, you have a very different vibe now that we're talking but it was kind of tripping me out for a moment" (this is my fave for injecting a bit of flirt into things. best used earlier in the convo but can be used right off the bat or a few solid beats into the convo to switch gears)

There will be ample opportunities to bring up many different subjects or get compliance, or reality pace, and all that but it all starts with "I can tell you're putting a lot of though into this decision" and you really don't have to think of anything else to open with when you see the approach opportunity.

Remember that starting a conversation can be a bit like starting a lawn mower so you might have to throw out a few things before it really gets started. You can throw out any of the examples I provided one after the other if you need to, and will probably have other ideas that crop up on the fly as well.

Also, remember that how you approach is key. Don't just b-line it towards her. Saunter in her direction looking around as though you are just going about your day. Don't look at her or acknowledge het presence until you are in a solid position to open. Let her see you first, and open from an angle that feels comfortable and natural. Sometimes when her back is slightly turned towards you this means walking past her and then planting yourself at a more proper angle.

Some bonus openers

-If she is standing at shelf/rack looking at her phone a good variation

"you know it's an import purchase when you have to consult Some one else"

-If she is crouched looked at a lower shelf

"you know it's important decision when you gotta get low like that" (make sure there is enough distance when you open her so you are not just looming above her)

-A silly and fun opener when she is looking at some items

"definitely go with the tasty one"

"go with the stylish one, it's way better"

"definitely go with the cozy one"

these are funny because they are so general and obvious. Like of course pick the tasty one. "I mean, you could always not go with the tasty one, but that doesn't seem like your style"

That's all for today boys. Now get out there and open literally any women who is shopping.

Edit: just want to note that opportunities for this approach aren't as ubiquitous in shopping malls, where things are a bit more hustle and bustle. You might find the opportunity in individual stores but things are still more fast paced and women are usually out in groups.

You will find this situation more in grocery stores, box stores, consignment stores, low key shopping centers, individual clothing stores, and so on.

Last edited:

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Remember that starting a conversation can be a bit like starting a lawn mower so you might have to throw out a few things before it really gets started. You can throw out any of the examples I provided one after the other if you need to, and will probably have other ideas that crop up on the fly as well.
I love this. I tend to eject at the first sign of awkwardness, so I’ll keep this lawnmower analogy in mind to help me in future.

JT Sunshine

Space Monkey
space monkey
I am going to test this out at a grocery store I know of that is always full of cute girls. I've been trying to think of something to open with that's better than "Have you tried that before? Is it good?" These seem way more playful/fun.

Thank you!

>