1 Year of Day Game: My Insights

James D

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I began Chase's approach 4 girls a day challenge on April 9th, 2023.

That was one year ago already!

Thought I'd share some insights from my own experience.

This won't be anything new. Everything say I say has probably been mentioned on the site before.

That said, everyone's experience will differ and you might find something useful in mine.

First, short background:

Before starting day game, I already had some success with night game at my college bar.

But I had an issue: my alcohol problem.

I was almost 40 pounds overweight and booze was a major factor.

Couldn't control myself at the bars so I gave them a break.

Few weeks later, while my weight was dropping, so were my prospects with chicks.

But I knew if I went back to the bars, I'd spiral into my addiction again.

Online game wasn't working for me (or rather, I couldn't bother learning how to make it work)

So I turned to day game.

It was suuuuper scary.

Taking up Chase's challenge, I remember thinking "It's only for 30 days. I'll complete it and if it's that bad, I've earned the right to never ever do it again"

Well, things turned out differently ;)

I've laid 14 girls girls from day game, that's 1.17 per month for one year.

Not extraordinary but not too bad either!

Among those 14, 3 became regular FWBs, and one of them became my girlfriend for a while, until she moved back to her country. It was an amazing experience, pulled right out of a romance novel. Still recovering but doing better :)

Here are my insights, in no particular order. I numbered them for easy readability.

1. Social skills and social awareness matter a LOT in day game. You're already breaking social norms when walking up to her. Acting in a way that makes her feel awkward will kill your chances.

2. Avoid approaching from behind. But if you do, try to signal her (maybe by calling "hey, excuse me") while you're still at safe distance behind her. That way, when she turns around, you're not right behind her, which would trigger her natural alarm.

3. Observe a girl's body language when you approach. If it seems like she's pulling away, putting distance between you and her, she might not be interested or your approach didn't sit well with her. Don't rush in to close that distance if she's still talking to you. Stay chill and warm and close in the distance naturally.

4. Some girls are really nice human beings who appreciate your approach and might give you their numbers not to hurt your feelings despite not being interested at all or being taken. God bless them.

5. Direct openers work. However, the mistake most guys make is they compliment her from the frame of "if I compliment her, she will like me and might sleep with me." That frame is wrong. The energy behind your compliment should be sincere. If you compliment her because you genuinely felt whatever it is you complimented her on, the effect is magic.

6. Unless you're getting a clear sign to fuck off, follow through the interaction and try to close her. The girl I had an amazing romance with, the one I mentioned above, gave little to no signs of interest on the approach. I followed thought despite that, got her number and experienced one of the greatest romances of my life so far.

7. Smile on the approach.

8. Soften your voice.

9. "Playful curiosity" is how I'd describe the energy you wanna embody.

10. Get skilled enough and you'll have almost no competition. Girls will tell you they've never been approached like that. You dig in and realize they've had guys try to make moves on them, even during the day, but they're nowhere in your league.

11. You'll get rejected no matter how good you are. It's part of the game. On the flip side, take enough chances and you'll find yourself in situations you could only dream of.

12. If you're cool, the rejections will rarely be harsh. The worst one I've got is girls waving me off on the approach. It's not thaaaat bad. You'll survive.

13. Tourist spots are a great place to approach girls for instant dates.

14. Dressing really well makes a huge difference in how she receives you. Being approached by a well dressed man reduces the social threat associated to engaging in a convo with you. She will more comfortable talking with you despite you breaking social norms. Asides from the attraction boost, dressing well gives you more leeway to work your game on her.

15. Think of a king walking about his castle and spotting a beautiful girl, maybe a new servant added to the crew. He stops her, tells her she's beautiful and wants to find out more about her. That's the sort of authority frame I compliment girls from. The frame is "You look beautiful enough to stop me in my tracks. I'm curious to find out more. Up to you to impress me and show me I was right to approach you"

That's about it guys!

If you're a newer guy getting into daygame, dress reaaaally well.

You need that extra leeway to have more chances.

If you've been approaching for a while but you don't seem to be getting anywhere, consider assessing the energy behind behind your approach.

I'll head out and approach some girls now.

Cheers,

James D

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Love posts like this as it's field tested and you actually shared numbers.

Scarily similar to my experiences - thanks for sharing.

Wanted to emphasize key points that I think people will especially benefit from and ask questions:

Online game wasn't working for me (or rather, I couldn't bother learning how to make it work)

Appreciate your wording/humility here. This forum hates online at times & it's mostly from incompetence whether people admit it or not

When hitting daygame hard, got similar 1 a month type results, props to you on sustaining it for a year!

Question: How did you integrate it to your lifestyle?

So far I work from coffee shops in high density areas or try run most my errands offline e.g. go to a shop instead of ordering from Amazon but with DG I've struggled to get people traffic/volume required to completely replace my other game avenues of nightgame & online.

12. If you're cool, the rejections will rarely be harsh. The worst one I've got is girls waving me off on the approach. It's not thaaaat bad. You'll survive.

Matches my experience too. If you get harsher reactions than this, it's a vibe, how you approached or fundamentals issue.

Although I did have 1 girl just 100% blank me like I didn't exist and that hurt my ego lol

Avoid approaching from behind. But if you do, try to signal her (maybe by calling "hey, excuse me") while you're still at safe distance behind her. That way, when she turns around, you're not right behind her, which would trigger her natural alarm.

Yep, to add to this my most well received approach is walking side by side to a girl, going slightly ahead of her for a moment or 2 so she feels my presence then turning back and giving my opener.

Question: How do you approach girls that you see walking towards you head on?

I've done both walking past them, circling back, getting in front of them and opening as well as slowing down, getting their attention and giving an opener (which makes me feel like a street magazine salesman lol) - curious if any particular way has been best for you.

Dressing really well makes a huge difference in how she receives you. Being approached by a well dressed man reduces the social threat associated to engaging in a convo with you. She will more comfortable talking with you despite you breaking social norms

Agreed. Still possible when dressed badly but your vibe has to be on pointtttttt. Had a LR on this a while back here

one of them became my girlfriend for a while, until she moved back to her country. It was an amazing experience, pulled right out of a romance novel. Still recovering but doing better :)

The magic of daygame! Great to hear how you had that experience and know how much it sucks when it ends with a girl you care about/like a lot.

At least you know with your skillset, there'll be more :)

alexlaguma

Rookie
Rookie
Love this post mate. I'm a big believer in day game. I just got back into it after being out of the game for a long time. Check out my field report in the other forum if you want to see how I've done.

Out of interest, who is Chase and what is this challenge? I'd be keen, although I'm not sure I'd commit to doing it EVERY day for 30 days, because of work etc. But I'm seriously throwing myself into it at the moment

Jan

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
14 in a year is a good result. Congrats!

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Congrats , man .

It's really remarkable that you kept on doing daygame cuz i know a lot of guys who either quit cuz it was "hurting" their mental health or are still stuck at AA phase .

10. Get skilled enough and you'll have almost no competition. Girls will tell you they've never been approached like that. You dig in and realize they've had guys try to make moves on them, even during the day, but they're nowhere in your league
That's so true . Girls have told me on dates , calls , texts that they have been getting compliments in malls , metros etc. but I was different . So , that's really relatable .

If you're cool, the rejections will rarely be harsh. The worst one I've got is girls waving me off on the approach. It's not thaaaat bad. You'll survive.

14. Dressing really well makes a huge difference in how she receives you. Being approached by a well dressed man reduces the social threat associated to engaging in a convo with you. She will more comfortable talking with you despite you breaking social norms. Asides from the attraction boost, dressing well gives you more leeway to work your game on her

In my experience , these two points are quite related .

And when you start to realise that girls who are " out of your league " are willing to talk to you as a random stranger , even though they may not give their contacts or flake . It really boosts the confidence .

If you've been approaching for a while but you don't seem to be getting anywhere, consider assessing the energy behind behind your approach
Has happened with me , that's why took breaks from time to time to analyse and every time I would return to field ...results would show .

But , right now I am on a longer break to handle some situations unrelated to game.

James D

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Appreciate your wording/humility here. This forum hates online at times & it's mostly from incompetence whether people admit it or not
Indeed!

Question: How did you integrate it to your lifestyle?
Tbh I haven't found a balance yet. Day game can be pretty time consuming.

I remember reading Chase's article on how naturals meet girls and get laid. I set it as my ideal and approached girls as I went about my day. I live in a big city with mass transit. I would hit on two girls in the morning on my way to uni and two girls in the afternoon on my way back.

Although I did have 1 girl just 100% blank me like I didn't exist and that hurt my ego lol
Ouch haha that hits the ego for sure!

Question: How do you approach girls that you see walking towards you head on?
That's how I met the girl I went on to have a great romance!

She was walking towards me head on. It was on the street, not far from my place.

I'd say it's a much bolder kind of approach and can be pretty hit or miss. Works in best in malls I noticed.

That said, what I do is I ensure I'm not in her lane, so that when she gets closer, I'm not fully facing her. Rather, she's on my side—on my right, ideally.

I think the direct opener works best here.

What really sells it is the "oh wow she's pretty" surprise non-verbal reaction preceding the opener.

Girls have told me—a quarter of my approaches have been head on actually—that they saw or felt or heard my reaction before I approached them.

I think it also serves as a way not to startle them, which is a requirement for all sorts of approaches.

I've done both walking past them, circling back, getting in front of them and opening as well as slowing down, getting their attention and giving an opener (which makes me feel like a street magazine salesman lol) - curious if any particular way has been best for you.
Usually that's my go to tho!

Agreed. Still possible when dressed badly but your vibe has to be on pointtttttt. Had a LR on this a while back here
Great LR! I've been reading and learning from your posts for a while now but haven't read that LR.

Definitely possible when badly dressed! Again, with the girl I had the amazing romance, I was wearing blue jeans and a basic black tshirt. Wasn't even out for approaching haha.

For beginners, dressing super well is a great cheat code. It not only gives a great impression but impacts the vibe as well.

At least you know with your skillset, there'll be more :)
Abundance mentality right there! Still not fully there myself but on the way :)

James D

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Love this post mate. I'm a big believer in day game. I just got back into it after being out of the game for a long time. Check out my field report in the other forum if you want to see how I've done.

Out of interest, who is Chase and what is this challenge?
Thanks!

This is the challenge:

Can You Approach 4 Girls Per Day for 30 Days?

although I'm not sure I'd commit to doing it EVERY day for 30 days
Honestly, I get that priorities may come in the way.

But!

A big factor in the learning was the fact that I did it consecutively.

I fucked up an instant date during the challenge and still completed my numbers aftet that, despite feeling horrible.

Heck, the first girl I layed during that challenge, once I was done with the date—and fucking her—I headed to the mall and hit my 4 approaches because I was still on the challenge.

The stuff I learnt on approach angles, vibe, gauging a girl's receptiveness, pinging her before the approach—all of that stuff was acquired during those 30 days.

James D

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
It's really remarkable that you kept on doing daygame cuz i know a lot of guys who either quit cuz it was "hurting" their mental health or are still stuck at AA phase .
Thanks man!

That's so true . Girls have told me on dates , calls , texts that they have been getting compliments in malls , metros etc. but I was different .
That's a great indication that you're on the right track.

Has happened with me , that's why took breaks from time to time to analyse and every time I would return to field ...results would show .
Amazing to hear!

Action --> Reflection --> Action

That's pretty much it.

Most skip the action part tho.

But , right now I am on a longer break to handle some situations unrelated to game.
Hope that break is productive and you can handle those situations :)

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@James D great stuff man.

I began Chase's approach 4 girls a day challenge on April 9th, 2023.

That was one year ago already!

Thought I'd share some insights from my own experience.

This won't be anything new. Everything say I say has probably been mentioned on the site before.

That said, everyone's experience will differ and you might find something useful in mine.

First, short background:

Before starting day game, I already had some success with night game at my college bar.

But I had an issue: my alcohol problem.

I was almost 40 pounds overweight and booze was a major factor.

Couldn't control myself at the bars so I gave them a break.

Few weeks later, while my weight was dropping, so were my prospects with chicks.

But I knew if I went back to the bars, I'd spiral into my addiction again.

So I turned to day game.

It was suuuuper scary.

Taking up Chase's challenge, I remember thinking "It's only for 30 days. I'll complete it and if it's that bad, I've earned the right to never ever do it again"

Well, things turned out differently ;)

Not extraordinary but not too bad either!

Among those 14, 3 became regular FWBs, and one of them became my girlfriend for a while, until she moved back to her country. It was an amazing experience, pulled right out of a romance novel. Still recovering but doing better :)

Always sucks to lose a girl because of different life paths, but it's part of the game. As easily as paths can be crossed, they can diverge.

For me at least, it's what makes daygame beautiful. You can just go up to a girl and start something as if you're the hero in your own play and the story was already written. And then, sometimes, the curtains come down and it's over ...

Here are my insights, in no particular order. I numbered them for easy readability.

1. Social skills and social awareness matter a LOT in day game. You're already breaking social norms when walking up to her. Acting in a way that makes her feel awkward will kill your chances.

2. Avoid approaching from behind. But if you do, try to signal her (maybe by calling "hey, excuse me") while you're still at safe distance behind her. That way, when she turns around, you're not right behind her, which would trigger her natural alarm.

3. Observe a girl's body language when you approach. If it seems like she's pulling away, putting distance between you and her, she might not be interested or your approach didn't sit well with her. Don't rush in to close that distance if she's still talking to you. Stay chill and warm and close in the distance naturally.

4. Some girls are really nice human beings who appreciate your approach and might give you their numbers not to hurt your feelings despite not being interested at all or being taken. God bless them.

5. Direct openers work. However, the mistake most guys make is they compliment her from the frame of "if I compliment her, she will like me and might sleep with me." That frame is wrong. The energy behind your compliment should be sincere. If you compliment her because you genuinely felt whatever it is you complimented her on, the effect is magic.

6. Unless you're getting a clear sign to fuck off, follow through the interaction and try to close her. The girl I had an amazing romance with, the one I mentioned above, gave little to no signs of interest on the approach. I followed thought despite that, got her number and experienced one of the greatest romances of my life so far.

7. Smile on the approach.

8. Soften your voice.

9. "Playful curiosity" is how I'd describe the energy you wanna embody.

10. Get skilled enough and you'll have almost no competition. Girls will tell you they've never been approached like that. You dig in and realize they've had guys try to make moves on them, even during the day, but they're nowhere in your league.

11. You'll get rejected no matter how good you are. It's part of the game. On the flip side, take enough chances and you'll find yourself in situations you could only dream of.

13. Tourist spots are a great place to approach girls for instant dates.

14. Dressing really well makes a huge difference in how she receives you. Being approached by a well dressed man reduces the social threat associated to engaging in a convo with you. She will more comfortable talking with you despite you breaking social norms. Asides from the attraction boost, dressing well gives you more leeway to work your game on her.

15. Think of a king walking about his castle and spotting a beautiful girl, maybe a new servant added to the crew. He stops her, tells her she's beautiful and wants to find out more about her. That's the sort of authority frame I compliment girls from. The frame is "You look beautiful enough to stop me in my tracks. I'm curious to find out more. Up to you to impress me and show me I was right to approach you"

That's about it guys!

If you're a newer guy getting into daygame, dress reaaaally well.

You need that extra leeway to have more chances.

If you've been approaching for a while but you don't seem to be getting anywhere, consider assessing the energy behind behind your approach.

I'll head out and approach some girls now.

Cheers,

James D

Top list of pointers there. Especially about being sincere with compliments - I've gotten much more success showing sincerity at the cost of smoothness than I have being technically polished. I think sincerity is underrated in game - it's not about being needy but being right there in the moment with what you want to express. A woman can't resist a sincere compliment from a non-needy man.

Only thing I would add, that at least is very important for me, is to be deeply relaxed. When you can be still and allow silences to develop between expressions you can quickly command the frame and build the good kind of tension in even the most 'awkward' or transient situations.

All the best as you continue the journey!

alexlaguma

Rookie
Rookie
Thanks!

This is the challenge:

Can You Approach 4 Girls Per Day for 30 Days?

Honestly, I get that priorities may come in the way.

But!

A big factor in the learning was the fact that I did it consecutively.

I fucked up an instant date during the challenge and still completed my numbers aftet that, despite feeling horrible.

Heck, the first girl I layed during that challenge, once I was done with the date—and fucking her—I headed to the mall and hit my 4 approaches because I was still on the challenge.

The stuff I learnt on approach angles, vibe, gauging a girl's receptiveness, pinging her before the approach—all of that stuff was acquired during those 30 days.
Thank you brother, appreciate the response.

Yeh I totally get that, social momentum is huge. So I went out on Saturday and did 5 approaches, and on Sunday I did 2. Both the approaches on Sunday resulted in numbers. I felt on fire. But then because of work this week I haven't had any real legitimate opportunities to approach for the past 3 days. I'm super keen to get a few approaches in tomorrow just to keep that momentum going.

Definitely respect your determination to get the approaches in. After reading the article I totally agree with it - if you do 4 a day, over a month, there is literally no way you can't have success. The numbers + the improvement you will make in that time will be huge.

I'm going to try and do my own version of it which forces me to do 10 a week I think.

James D

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Only thing I would add, that at least is very important for me, is to be deeply relaxed. When you can be still and allow silences to develop between expressions you can quickly command the frame and build the good kind of tension in even the most 'awkward' or transient situations.
Great tip man, thanks!

>