About the corona virus

BlandMan0

Space Monkey
space monkey
Nothing going on now. Just people freaking out over something so small. The quarantine should help me study a little bit of this.

Smiling_Stray

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Well, I was going to take this time to focus on the many women resorting to online but my state in the US just got a "stay at home order". I'm officially not allowed to leave my home unless it's life or death (apparently big brother's watching the roads). Guess we'll have to find something else to do in the meantime here in the US while we're all under house arrest... anyone wanna count roles of toilet paper??? :p

MarkA

Space Monkey
space monkey
There is a lot of scaremongering going on out there. Mild cases have been ignored for a long time. Initially we were told about 20% of cases resulted in a hospital admission. Now according to

It is just 5% and actually that figure ignores a lot of mild cases as many governments are not testing the general public as they do not have enough test kits.

Most people here are under 60 and in good health so nothing worth worrying about for your own health.

Smiling_Stray

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
There is a lot of scaremongering going on out there. Mild cases have been ignored for a long time. Initially we were told about 20% of cases resulted in a hospital admission. Now according to

It is just 5% and actually that figure ignores a lot of mild cases as many governments are not testing the general public as they do not have enough test kits.

Most people here are under 60 and in good health so nothing worth worrying about for your own health.

Mark, thanks for the reply (that was to me, right? :p there are a lot of other comments on this board) I've been skeptical about the severity of this virus since I first heard of it and I'm not staying in out fear or anything of the like. I'm staying in because I don't have a choice. Authorities aren't letting anyone leave their homes unless absolutely necessary. I have a friend who has been pulled over on his way to work a couple of times. The only reason they let him continue is because he had a note from work that proved he worked for a gas station (which is apparently considered essential). There's also nowhere to go (malls are closed and people are paranoid as fuck while shopping for food).

For anyone else who happens to read this, don't go and get your panties in a bunch. Just because the rest of the herd happens to be scared of something doesn't mean you should be too. Do your own research (from reputable sources). Plenty of people on here (such as Mark) have provided links that show more truth than the news/media.

>