Any success stories of asking a girl late?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey

Anyone have any, or know of any, success stories where the guy did not immediately ask a girl out, did it weeks or months later, but still got a yes?

Anybody got any stories where the girl asked the guy out?

Stories where girl was the 1st to message a guy after not hearing from him for weeks?

Thanks.

readjusting

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
NealIRC,

3 stories for you.
Back in the day of social circle, there was a girl I liked. I waited 1 year to ask her out. She said yes.
However I was too inexperience with girls back then, and I believed the "Nice guys finish last." and went full asshole. Hardcore. So I blew up after 2 days of dating her.
With my current experience, I could fully analyze what I did right and what I did wrong. Too long to list here. But you have to ask the girl out yourself to understand.
Besides, I'd rather forget about her. I had already cut contact and moved on.
The older sister of said girl asked me to come home alone with her and her parents weren't home. I didn't take the chance. How stupid of me.
After the failed date, I lost both girls.
Some time later, I became the nice guy. Went on 3 dates with a girl, I paid, I didn't have sex. I moved to another city, telling her I message with her sometimes (but I already thought it got nowhere, so I'd rather moving on).
2 months later, she messaged me first.
I'd rather putting effort in learning to be good with girls in general rather than continuing with a girl going nowhere.

CKTC

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Stories are fine but I think if you are looking for advice, ask a specific question.

"Boomeranging" back with a girl depends on a lot of different things from how you left your last interaction, to what is going on in her life at the moment. Don't try to read anything into it if a rekindling does or doesn't happen. I think being straight up about wanting to have a date rather than dancing around the friend zone is the best bet after a friendly exchange and re-acquaintance.

I've been asked out by a girl, but being proactive is the best bet to guide the interaction in a direction you want it to go. Usually if she isn't interested, if you are straight with her she will be straight back. Takes a lot more confidence to accept a rejection gracefully, and I think gives you some value in her eyes. Sometimes she might surprise you later.

I had a single girl ping me on a text last year. I always kinda found her to be kind of desperate in her demeanor. Had numerous opportunities to pursue her but always held back because of that "desperate for a relationship vibe".

The one that snagged me though, focused on our commonalities, and demonstrated a confidence and friendliness that was attractive and genuine.

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey
4. Has anyone ever kept spitting game to a woman, but purposely never pursued her, and how did she take it? Or know of any guys who have. Has there been any cases where the woman decided to pursue the man?

Obviously, this is hard to do on the street if you meet a girl once and never ask for her contact info, so 2 environments are.

In real life, would have to be at where she works at, like if she a cashier and you a regular customer.

As well as, the Internet, like you message a girl in your city, and if she approves the message request, you continuously spit game to her for weeks/months and sometimes weeks apart.

Obviously, you wouldn't want to do this to a girl who low-self esteem or soft-hearted, so has anyone spit game to a woman out of his league, just to see what she'll do, or if she'll take the lead?

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey
5. What do women do if they really find a guy's Facebook profile attractive? In the same city and such.

Does anyone have any stories of women being the 1st to add guys on Facebook that they didn't know, or the 1st to message?

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
NealIRC said:
5. What do women do if they really find a guy's Facebook profile attractive? In the same city and such.

Does anyone have any stories of women being the 1st to add guys on Facebook that they didn't know, or the 1st to message?
I seldom add women first. Facebook is to reinforce the image you want to project, not as a online dating tool. I want to have a woman's undivided attention in the interaction before I have solidly established what our relationship is. If I wanted to pursue a woman I didn't know who sent me a FB request I'd message her back and ask for her number and do voice and text...then meet.

NealIRC said:
4. Has anyone ever kept spitting game to a woman, but purposely never pursued her, and how did she take it? Or know of any guys who have. Has there been any cases where the woman decided to pursue the man?

Obviously, this is hard to do on the street if you meet a girl once and never ask for her contact info, so 2 environments are.

In real life, would have to be at where she works at, like if she a cashier and you a regular customer.

As well as, the Internet, like you message a girl in your city, and if she approves the message request, you continuously spit game to her for weeks/months and sometimes weeks apart.

Obviously, you wouldn't want to do this to a girl who low-self esteem or soft-hearted, so has anyone spit game to a woman out of his league, just to see what she'll do, or if she'll take the lead?

Sure, I flirt with a married bank teller every time I'm in there. She enjoys the attention and it keeps me on my game. But I had to ramp it up over time...and deposit some big checks...

I had a customer tap my wedding ring once a couple years ago and say "If you didn't have that I'd ask you out here and now"....she was over my weight limit but cute. I decided to be just professional back, but I was a little intimidated. I was worried she could get a little too attached if I pushed it.

My massage therapist is pretty touchy feely in public with me. She was in a relationship with a friend of mine, so I didn't pursue that. Our parents knew each other.

Oh and old ladies...they love to flirt. They will lay a kiss on you in a minute...if you are in an affectionate Italian community, you give the old gals over 80 a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Especially the widows. Never know whose will you might end up in....

Haraklus

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Sure.

I connected with a girl via Tinder. Cute girl, mosty feminine but with a little bit of that tomboyish/logical edge. Like a hot nerd. Sort of like the before picture of one of those disney nerd-to-beauty transformations, where they just take off her glasses, put her in a dress, and do her hair up. Honestly, my favorite type.

We shot the shit but she was always cagey about meeting up. We would share anecdotes or whatever every few days. Funny pictures, stories, and what have you. Once we almost met up -- she was taking the subway near my place and said that if I messaged her in the next 5 minutes she'd get off at my stop. I missed it and threw out a good natured 'Aw, drat!' and moved on. We kept in touch.

Probably 3 months after our initial connection (long after we moved off of Tinder and onto another chat application), it was Valentine's day. I asked her how it was to be single on Valentine's day. She said it was only noon and she'd already started drinking. I told her we could be single on Valentine's Day together. She asked me what we would do -- I suggested we get sushi and hot chocolate. She said she wasn't into it. I said we would have whiskey and steak at my house. She was like "Let me take a shower and I'll be there in an hour". She then starts asking me questions about whether she can study at my place (she's a med student), if I have an extra desk, etc. I tell her she can study here, it will be fine.

An hour later, we arrive. We get a bit physical (hugs etc). I put on a background movie. I pour some whiskey. We sit next to each other on my couch. It's a slow process. Really funny though. The tension is building. Finally after a couple of hours, I walk into the room, make her stand up on my couch so we're about the same height, and kiss her. She's a little awkward for a few seconds, then gets into it. We keep at it for awhile, then back off and keep talking. On and on it goes.

I'm going to skip a lot. The short version of the rest of the story is that we got really drunk, she lost her virginity to me (on Valentine's Day on the first date, dang), and had a great time and shared some pretty intimate and awkward moments (have you ever held a girl's hand and coached her through peeing while you were both dead drunk? I have). It was one of the best experiences I've had with a woman in my life, if I'm being totally honest.

But... She had some major freak outs, feeling guilty and slutty afterwards. I successfully calmed her down a couple of times, but eventually she had a panic attack about it when I was asleep and ended up blocking me on all communication mediums, so we actually never met again. I feel a little sorry for her -- odds are, she's never going to have an experience like that with a man again. She really enjoyed herself. But we got to share something pretty good and I'm sure when she gets over her anxieties about the whole thing she'll be able to cherish the memory.

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Haraklus said:
I'm going to skip a lot. The short version of the rest of the story is that we got really drunk, she lost her virginity to me (on Valentine's Day on the first date, dang), and had a great time and shared some pretty intimate and awkward moments (have you ever held a girl's hand and coached her through peeing while you were both dead drunk? I have). It was one of the best experiences I've had with a woman in my life, if I'm being totally honest.

But... She had some major freak outs, feeling guilty and slutty afterwards. I successfully calmed her down a couple of times, but eventually she had a panic attack about it when I was asleep and ended up blocking me on all communication mediums, so we actually never met again. I feel a little sorry for her -- odds are, she's never going to have an experience like that with a man again. She really enjoyed herself. But we got to share something pretty good and I'm sure when she gets over her anxieties about the whole thing she'll be able to cherish the memory.
So, you basically had a 1-night stand with a Tinder girl, she felt guilty, blocked you out.

How common is it to establish a relationship - whether friendship or relationship, with a girl, after a 1-night stand?

Or is the vast majority is they cut you off somehow?

6. Let's say you never made your move on a girl that was attracted to you... so she revenged against you, called you a creep and blocked you out.

How common is it to win her back via an apology and such?

Thanks.

Haraklus

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So, you basically had a 1-night stand with a Tinder girl, she felt guilty, blocked you out.

How common is it to establish a relationship - whether friendship or relationship, with a girl, after a 1-night stand?

Or is the vast majority is they cut you off somehow?

Well, by definition, if you establish a relationship it isn't a ONS.

Looking back, I've been in maybe 4 relationships, none of them started with sex on the first date, but I've had some pretty good FWB arrangements that did involve sex on the first date. As far as friendships go...no, I can't think of any.

6. Let's say you never made your move on a girl that was attracted to you... so she revenged against you, called you a creep and blocked you out.

How common is it to win her back via an apology and such?

I haven't ever been in that situation, so I can't say for sure. I wouldn't even try, to be perfectly honest -- the world is full of women who haven't blocked you and called you a creep. Hopefully.

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Has anyone ever experimented how girls are when you purposely don't ask a girl out, but do everything else. Like compliment her (but usually when she infers you to).

So my question is, can a girl ever put you in a friendzone even if she finds you boyfriend material?

Seems to me, if she sees you boyfriend material, she either dates you or blocks you. There's hardly an in-between.

My take is if a girl sees you as boyfriend material, she is against you using her as a girlfriend, or using the least bang for your buck. Which means, they simply can't have you as a guyfriend. They have to protect themselves from being heartbroken.

Thoughts on that?

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Okay, I asked a similar question in a relationship section in a city-travel forum.

My question was about if a guy kept spitting game to a woman but never asked her out...

1 of the answers from a woman was "He'll regret not asking her out, forever."

Other answers were, women will view you as a player and move on.

Too bad not too many people have really experiment with this? And can really theory on this.

Because my next question is how forgiving or likely is it for women to eventually say yes on a 1st date?

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Now this was a couple very active 50 year old divorced women...They tend to be a little more clear in their signals than 20 year olds.

NealIRC said:
Has anyone ever experimented how girls are when you purposely don't ask a girl out, but do everything else. Like compliment her (but usually when she infers you to).
I've run into this in my social circle. One girl became really touchy, feely and kissed me on the lips each time we met. I got a "Relationship-desperate" vibe from her so I friendzoned her rather than going for the layup. The opportunity was there, but I was leary of any social repercussions.

She got into a long distance relationship with another guy from what I could gather from Social media, then met "the fairy tale romance" at an athletic event she attended. That's going strong from what I see.

So my question is, can a girl ever put you in a friendzone even if she finds you boyfriend material?

Seems to me, if she sees you boyfriend material, she either dates you or blocks you. There's hardly an in-between.

My take is if a girl sees you as boyfriend material, she is against you using her as a girlfriend, or using the least bang for your buck. Which means, they simply can't have you as a guyfriend. They have to protect themselves from being heartbroken.

Thoughts on that?

Another female friend of 8 years, has become very friendly since my divorce, and has actually befriended the woman I made my girlfriend. Here lately she has invited me to some functions, and been very clear alternating between "I love you" and telling me what a great friend I am. I think the opportunity was there for a physical connection one afternoon alone, but I confided that I had a relationship going already. We both have had other friends inquiring if we were seeing each other. We both expressed to each other that we see each other as "friends we love".
With her I'm not sure we could do the FWB thing, and leave it at that.

One 30 year old never married attractive girl, upon hearing about my girlfriend sighed and said "Ugh, I'm never going to get a boyfriend...." in a manner that seemed to indicate disappointment that I had not dated her...

I think that if you try to push the physical aspect without offering some public relationship aspect , you are going to have trouble in your social circle unless this is a girl looking for action without commitment as well. There has to be an emotional disconnect for FWB to be feasible.

Outside social circle I did do a coffee date with an upper 40-s divorcee (within the year) who was eager to meet again, but I never called her again. She sent me a friend req on FB but I didn't accept it or acknowledge it. Don't get me wrong, she is beautiful, just too far along with my girlfriend to spin plates. I've stayed out of touch specifically to avoid friendzone rejection. Who knows if that is an option?

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Btw most of this was about Hispanic girls.

And I was just thinking (or just realizing) that with Hispanic girls... I wonder if it is well known to them that some men are players, and will intentionally keep spitting game to you without ever asking them out, so women are aware of this and quick to pick this up, and quick to punish guys from doing this.

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Okay I just thought of a strange concept, does anyone know any stories where the boyfriend committed suicide, because his girlfriend didn't love him enough?

Now I feel obsessed with collecting these stories.

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Also, got a question about guys who can't dance. Or don't dance.

Can they get a girls?

When I ask Hispanic guys, they'll say "very difficult."

But gee, if you never ask a girl to a place where there's dancing, you could pull it off, no? Is it common for a woman to ask you to take her some place where there's dancing, just so she can see if you can dance?

Thanks.

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Regarding pursuing women.

I could never pursue a "happier" girl. If the girl was happier than me, that is.

Which would mean I was more depressed than her.

So the only way I could pursue a girl, is if she ended up being depressed that I did not pursue her or whatever, which would cause me to pursue her.

But if she never gets depressed, then I would never pursue her.

And I can never feel happier than a girl who does not pursue anything - even conversation, with me.

Does anyone else have this problem?

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey
What do you guys think about this - is it okay for men to tell women what their fears, flaws, weaknesses, and insecurities are, just to see if they will tell them what their fears, flaws, weaknesses, and insecurities are?

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey
Okay so I been reading some Wikipedia article like on Barack Obama.

Says when he and Michelle 1st got acquainted, she turned down his date requests, but they started dating later that year.

It's like that for a lot of people, right.

Is that the only way, if girl turns down 1st date, just keep asking later and later?

What happens if a girl wanted to date a guy after she already turned him down once or twice, does anyone have any stories?

NealIRC

Space Monkey
space monkey
How common is it, does anyone know of stories where a woman is engaged to a guy, but some other guy comes out and steals her successfully from him?

What about cases where a girl wanted some other guy who wasn't making a move on her or quick enough, so she relationships with another guy to revenge at him? Does it increase her self-esteem? Then she breaks up with the guy whenever she wants.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
>