Anyone have success with Instagram?

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
So I’ve been anti Instagram / social media for like 4 years now. My productivity is higher but I’m wondering if I’m missing a trick here?

1. Social Nightlife Reasons (main reason)

People use social media to “preview you” in a low pressure way which is useful when making connections in nightlife. Currently I’m pretty dependant on one wing who uses DM’S a lot for promoters, girls etc.

Back when I had Facebook in my teens it definitely had a positive impact social circle wise and getting into house parties/ indirectly getting girls who became curious and green without me even meeting them.

2. Yellow / Maybe Girls

Traditionally I’ve not wasted my time but again am I missing a trick and I should evolve with the times?

Solution I’m considering:

Create a simple cool Instagram with like 9 pictures then post on stories at events/cool things then mostly network via DM’s.

That way I don’t waste time but get the benefits.

Thoughts?

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I think the stories thing is completely unnecessary.
My experience is that the results you get from doing stories are not worth the time invested in them.

DM people you know on the other hand it’s pretty reasonable.

FrothySolutions

Space Monkey
space monkey
Instagram is where I want to succeed. The dream, I guess, would be to be followed by high profile Instragrammers.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
So I’ve been anti Instagram / social media for like 4 years now. My productivity is higher but I’m wondering if I’m missing a trick here?

1. Social Nightlife Reasons (main reason)

People use social media to “preview you” in a low pressure way which is useful when making connections in nightlife. Currently I’m pretty dependant on one wing who uses DM’S a lot for promoters, girls etc.

Back when I had Facebook in my teens it definitely had a positive impact social circle wise and getting into house parties/ indirectly getting girls who became curious and green without me even meeting them.

2. Yellow / Maybe Girls

Traditionally I’ve not wasted my time but again am I missing a trick and I should evolve with the times?

Solution I’m considering:

Create a simple cool Instagram with like 9 pictures then post on stories at events/cool things then mostly network via DM’s.

That way I don’t waste time but get the benefits.

Thoughts?

my wing primo does what you are trying to do, but he does it with snapchat no instagram i talk about this here

Gaturro

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yes it works for everything you mentioned.

But I wouldn't give my instagram to a girl if I had, say, 50 followers, not to give off an "antisocial" vibe. Add everyone you already know, and I wouldn't rule out buying a couple of followers, but you don't want your follower list to be full of mohamed123s, so a better solution would be adding to your bio "new ig"/"new account" or something like that.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
What's a "wing primo?" You're successful on social media? Social status is something I'm after.
haha that is the name of one of my friend i do pick up with, we call it wing in the community.... no i am not successful in social media, but i describe how my wing primo post in snapchat the parties and stuff (tyler rsd used to do similar) female friends notice and ask about the parties (cause they want to participate)....

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

But I wouldn't give my instagram to a girl if I had, say, 50 followers, not to give off an "antisocial" vibe. Add everyone you already know, and I wouldn't rule out buying a couple of followers, but you don't want your follower list to be full of mohamed123s, so a better solution would be adding to your bio "new ig"/"new account" or something like that.
how do you buy followers???? if you can pm would appreciate it, for a biz out of seduction... thanks!

FrothySolutions

Space Monkey
space monkey
Is anyone around here successful on social media?

My goal isn't to amass followers and then approach women with "Hey, look how popular I am on Instagram." My goal is to attract people on Instagram itself. I want the women on Instagram.

Problem with that is, if you look at who women on Instagram are following? It's mostly other women.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Instagram is a multi faceted sword.

Warning:

At one time, I have had RSD Madison following me, I have had legit verified users, people with real professions and high profile dancers following me, but here's the thing.

High level people are drunk on momentum that If you speak about something else, they will unconsciously feel weird off unless you are Messi or Ronaldo.

Girls who want relationships will say that they want guys who are low profile, while the girls who want fun guys will say that your Instagram is awesome.

Assuming Chase Amante be suddenly talking about cooking pork to get girls, I be pissed. Because I don't eat pork.

z@c+

FrothySolutions

Space Monkey
space monkey
Instagram is a multi faceted sword.

Warning:

At one time, I have had RSD Madison following me, I have had legit verified users, people with real professions and high profile dancers following me, but here's the thing.

High level people are drunk on momentum that If you speak about something else, they will unconsciously feel weird off unless you are Messi or Ronaldo.

Girls who want relationships will say that they want guys who are low profile, while the girls who want fun guys will say that your Instagram is awesome.

Assuming Chase Amante be suddenly talking about cooking pork to get girls, I be pissed. Because I don't eat pork.

z@c+

Drunk on momentum? What is "momentum?"

It sounds like famous Instagrammers want to talk about themselves. That's easy for me. I'll gladly do it, I haven't much self to talk about so I'll talk about them instead.

Don Giovanni

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I think the stories thing is completely unnecessary.
My experience is that the results you get from doing stories are not worth the time invested in them.

DM people you know on the other hand it’s pretty reasonable.

I don’t know man, in my experience stories are the best way for girls to dm you. You just have to post stories that provoke a reaction or make you easy to dm…

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
That's easy for me. I'll gladly do it, I haven't much self to talk about so I'll talk about them instead.

They want to see what you have in your recent post, as well. You can BULLSHIT them for awhile but they ain't following you for long.

Momentum as an example.

i was a dance trainer. My world was dance. When I introduce something else, my friends get weird out. My followers will tolerate Abit because they want cloud.

YOu guys tolerate me because I still have something of value in this forum. It's the same thing.

i wish that people are not tribal but they do. If they are not tribal, their family and friends are.

SIdenote:

YOur enemy isn't your wife.

It's her fucking family and friends. That's the tragedy of men and women, and it will always be this way. Fortunately, this macro Micro merging phenomenon will reveal everyone for their BS. No one can run away. It's like God really fucking with everyone and we deserve it. Too much identity state. Narcissism.

z@c+

Troy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Nah I disagree. Never buy followers. For the following reasons:

1. It's bad ethics
2. It's false social proof
3. It is lazy
4. It can do more harm than good
5. Likes and comments matter just as much as followers, if not more

I will explain further on each point.

Bad Ethics

Why practice living a lie? I know the whole fake it till you make it may be popular among some. But buying followers to pump up social proof is not good. It is no different than a guy putting oil in his arm to make it look like he has muscles when in reality he does not.

False Social Proof

Girls are extremely intelligent when it comes to social proof. Trust me, no amount of faking it will help you on Instagram. The platform has evolved to such a point that it is easy to spot a fake account.

Lazy

If you are considering buying followers, you might as well do the following:

1. Hire girls on SeekingArrangement to take pics with them and pretend you have social proof. Forget about seduction, just fake it.
2. Hire a group of male models to take pics with. They posing as your friends doing cool stuff.
3. Go to one of those photo studios that have a background wall paper of London. Let them take pics of you to make it look like you were actually in London enjoying vacation.

Im being sarcastic here. See what's wrong with all of the above? It's lazy. Throwing money at the problem without a plan will get you nowhere. Instead focus on building real skills. Get good at sales, you will be a better conversationlist. Focus on making money so you can travel, and do cool things and post cool pics. Focus on approaching girls, getting rejected and making friends. The social proof will come that way.

More Harm Than Good

Once trust is broken, especially with a stranger, it will be very difficult to regain. Even if you only plan to pump and dump girls, remember that's just not good practice. I hear women on social media complaining all the time that men lie to them to get laid. This "buying followers" is no different. It will cause women to feel"buyers remorse" when they find out you lied. Yeah the interactions with them may have been great. The sex may have been good, but you lost a key component which is trust.

Likes & Comments Matter

I have seen the worst on Instagram. Guys having 50,000 subscribers. The like count? 12 fucking people liked his photos. That looks hella spammy these days. Maybe it worked when Instagram was new. But Instagram has evolved with blue checks. Women go on social media posting pics, hoping to meet the most elite guys on there. This does not mean the guys are rich. But these guys must have a legitimate great life, not a fake one.

Even if you guy 5,000 followers, it's not going to help. I have been with girls before and see them actually click on the followers icon on Instagram accounts. Girls actually check to see if the accounts look real. When you buy followers it will typically look like this:

mohammed87666
jessicax55623
bisef5554
musclestee22234

There are no DP pics, no one is following those accounts. And usally those accounts are following 2,000 plus people already. It's just spam.

I know Instagram has a feature to hide the amount of persons who like a post. But I can promise you, it will still look 100% spammy. And let me ask you, do you have the following to show on Instagram?

6 pack
a cool skill eg. you doing freestyle football videos, you in comedy videos, (some kind of niche that is really cool) and attracts like minded people
you out with friends
real girls having fun with you
a nice car
you on nice vacation
a nice home
you doing cool activities

If you legitimately dont have those things going for you, buying followers will put you at a disadvantage with women who see your Instagram. I have seen accounts where guys have 10,000 followers, and they are taking pics in baggy clothes and a basic ass bedroom, with bad angles.

Girls are usually better at taking pics than men are. So unless you have those skills or are willing to pay a professional photographer to take real pics, it's a time waste.

Please I beg you, do not be one of those guys on social media with horrible photos, thousands of followers, and less than 20 likes to your name.

I would rather you take that time to focus on meeting women in real life or leveling up your lifestyle to do more.

how do you buy followers???? if you can pm would appreciate it, for a biz out of seduction... thanks!
I have seen a lot over the years. I would not recommend buying any followers. See my other comments above.

Is anyone around here successful on social media?

My goal isn't to amass followers and then approach women with "Hey, look how popular I am on Instagram." My goal is to attract people on Instagram itself. I want the women on Instagram.

Problem with that is, if you look at who women on Instagram are following? It's mostly other women.

Instagram is all about the "image". In order to be super successful on Instagram you need the following:

1. Professional photos (hire a photographer)
2. Make real friends in real life
3. Have some sort of skill that builds value. Think about it, why do women like Lebron James? Connor Mcgregor? It's not just because they are rich, it is also because of their skills they bring and how it makes others feel.
4. Build a network of other high value men
5. Meet women in real life, build connections so you have a revolving set of girls to take pics and do cool stuff with. Why do you think women like Dan Bilzerian? (Yeah I know some people on here dont like him, but the point is he is great at building social proof).

Now you don't need to be a celebrity with millions of followers to have success. But you need a good following. As a good rule of thumb. Aim for 10,000 followers with at least a 7-12% engagement. So 700-1200 likes per post from real people.

Yep everything mentioned above requires real work, lets make it happen.

Last edited:

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I don’t know man, in my experience stories are the best way for girls to dm you. You just have to post stories that provoke a reaction or make you easy to dm…
Yeah, you have to post like 5 of them per day and you get girls to DM you but you don’t control which exact girls DMs you.
In my experience you will find that the ones who DM you are not the hottest and the more followers a girl has, the least likely she is to reply a DM.

Too passive for my taste.
I rather go daygaming.

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
BRAND NEW CRASH COURSE FROM POB!!!

How to grow your following on IG using a personal account

A) FIRST STEPS
1) post at least 3 times a week (check best days/times on your country)
2) stories at least 3x a day (morning, afternoon, evening)

- No need to do elaborated posts/stories.
- Take pictures of any shit you are doing and just post it (of course, don't use super personal stuff...let some mystery stand)
OBJECTIVE: create a nice feed with posts, engage your following on stories (so you don't loose current followers)
- Bonus points if you are taking party photos with cute/hot chicks

B) ENGAGE OTHER ACCOUNTS
1) pick favorite hashtags
2) follow those and use them on your posts/stories
3) like 10 photos per day from those hashtags
4) drop 5 comments per day on accounts who use them

- Yes, that's some work....but to grow organically, that's the minimum amount you must do

C) GO AFTER INFLUENCERS
1) pick 30 favorite influencers
2) like and comment on their posts
3) tag them on your posts
4) in time you can become one of their collaborators and get random shouts from them
(huge boost on following if your profile is cool)

D) BEST TYPE OF MEDIA TO POST (from best to worst)
1) reels
2) photo sequence telling a story
3) IGTV

- always use cool captions too!

E) DM EVERYONE WHO INTERACTS WITH YOU
1) drop stories with quizzes/asking for their opinion
2) DM everyone who answers
3) also try to DM bigger accounts to suggest partnerships

Of course there's a lot more to it, but this is a good place to start.

If you are going to start a fresh account, here are some nifty goals to keep in mind:
- get 1000 organic followers
- post 500 posts in the first year (yes,it's a lot, but it tells you are engaging a great deal with the platform)
- DM 20 people per day (at least 5 brand new)
- create a great bio, change it accordingly

Hope it helps.

~POB

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Instagram is where I want to succeed. The dream, I guess, would be to be followed by high profile Instragrammers.
Instagram is not the most conductive platform for pickup.
It has high barriers (strangers DMs get sent to trash inbox), it is based all around social proof and it requires significant time and effort.

Still, it can be done if you so want.

I suggest you go and buy “Instagram Secrets” from a guy called Limo Ouetslai.
It’s less than 50 USD and it has a great system on how to succeed in it.
I bought it for curiosity but decided it is just not for me.

Some words of advice:

1) The unspoken rule in Instagram is you don’t get to talk with people higher than you in followers numbers. The will ignore you.
As you get followers, you “unlock” people at your level.

2) It’s real work. To get dates from Insta, you will have to post 4-5 stories daily and DM 10-15 new girls.

3) Response rates are low. Expect less than 15% of women to reply your DMS and less than 2% of them to go dates with you.

4) Don’t be surprised if the girl you pick up via Instagram is shallow and glued to her phone.
She chose you because you showcased money and adventure, now you have to be congruent.

Troy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It has high barriers (strangers DMs get sent to trash inbox), it is based all around social proof and it requires significant time and effort.

Some words of advice:

1) The unspoken rule in Instagram is you don’t get to talk with people higher than you in followers numbers. The will ignore you.

2) It’s real work. To get dates from Insta, you will have to post 4-5 stories daily and DM 10-15 new girls.

3) Response rates are low. Expect less than 15% of women to reply your DMS and less than 2% of them to go dates with you.

4) Don’t be surprised if the girl you pick up via Instagram is shallow and glued to her phone.
She chose you because you showcased money and adventure, now you have to be congruent.
Well said sir. I said my part above. You put the cherry on the cake with this advise. Being congruent is hella important. Which is why having a great life outside of Instagram will be top priority.

Anyone ever hear the term "IG Thots", these are the girls @uriel is referring to. They chose to go out with you because you had an adventurous life and money to go with it. So whoever dares go down this route, ensure you got the money to back it up.

BTW, any dude on here who has time to post 4-5 times on Instagram per day, you better be established in your industry to continue making money to support this lifestyle. Instagram is all about the "image".

FrothySolutions

Space Monkey
space monkey
They want to see what you have in your recent post, as well. You can BULLSHIT them for awhile but they ain't following you for long.

Momentum as an example.

i was a dance trainer. My world was dance. When I introduce something else, my friends get weird out. My followers will tolerate Abit because they want cloud.

YOu guys tolerate me because I still have something of value in this forum. It's the same thing.

i wish that people are not tribal but they do. If they are not tribal, their family and friends are.

SIdenote:

YOur enemy isn't your wife.

It's her fucking family and friends. That's the tragedy of men and women, and it will always be this way. Fortunately, this macro Micro merging phenomenon will reveal everyone for their BS. No one can run away. It's like God really fucking with everyone and we deserve it. Too much identity state. Narcissism.

z@c+

Okay, so whatever "momentum" is, what you mean is "People will be weirded out if you talk about anything outside what your Instagram is about/what you're famous for." So if I'm a dance guy, don't start talking about my photography hobby.

Instagram is all about the "image". In order to be super successful on Instagram you need the following:

1. Professional photos (hire a photographer)
2. Make real friends in real life
3. Have some sort of skill that builds value. Think about it, why do women like Lebron James? Connor Mcgregor? It's not just because they are rich, it is also because of their skills they bring and how it makes others feel.
4. Build a network of other high value men
5. Meet women in real life, build connections so you have a revolving set of girls to take pics and do cool stuff with. Why do you think women like Dan Bilzerian? (Yeah I know some people on here dont like him, but the point is he is great at building social proof).

Now you don't need to be a celebrity with millions of followers to have success. But you need a good following. As a good rule of thumb. Aim for 10,000 followers with at least a 7-12% engagement. So 700-1200 likes per post from real people.

Yep everything mentioned above requires real work, lets make it happen.

Points 1 and 5 I understand. Take professionally blocked and framed pictures so they look good. Take pictures with women so that other women will follow me. But as for points 2 and 4, what am I meant to do with the guy friends once I make them? With specific regard to getting prominent (female) Instagram people to follow me?

Speaking of that, point 3. Having a skill. I've been looking into the kinds of women I wish would follow me/take initiative with me, and the kinds of men they follow. One woman is Phoenixx Starr/devilsthroat. She's one of "those" content creators who keep getting their accounts deleted because of the explicit nature of their content. But on any given day she's hovering around somethingty-thousand followers per social media platform.

One of the guys she follows on Instagram and Twitter is visneakerboy.

"Only" a couple thousand subscribers, and with a follow-to-followed ratio of, like, 1:1. If he has a skill, it doesn't seem to be featured on his socials. In fact, he's barely posting on social media at all. And so I look at this guy, and I'm baffled. How does this follow-for-follow account with barely any posts get chased by actual porn stars?

Some words of advice:

Okay, what kind of money and adventure do I need to showcase? What specific things should I take pictures of?

>