Be an Imperfectionist

Tony D

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey guys I just wanted to give you a short article on how you can achieve your goals with pick up and dating faster using this little hack.

I'm reading a book called How To Be An Imperfectionist. In this book he talks about micro habits.

One of the problems most guys have with learning game is that they're looking for the big outcome, which is of course hooking up with the hottie. However, because this goal seems so epic and grand, when guys don't achieve that result in a short amount of time they become discouraged. This is in a sense, perfectionism.

People don't start things because they have a picture of what “perfection” looks like. If you become more of an “imperfectionist,” this is more useful, according to the author.

For a perfectionist, If they want to write a novel it's going to be the greatest novel ever, and so they never start because they don't have the skills to write the world’s greatest novel... yet. But a truly great writer knows that all great writing comes from rewriting, so if they can get out even one great sentence a day, it might take 10 years but that one sentence can turn into a wonderful book. That is as long as they go back to rewrite it and polish until that turd turns into a diamond.

When it comes to learning game you have to understand perfection will not come even when you're a guru. There will be times when you will be having sex with the most beautiful, sexiest girl of your life, but how many micro habits and failures and Imperfections did you have to endure in order to achieve that goal? Most guys don't think about that.

Instead of thinking about the intensity of going out and approaching 100 women, try putting on your shoes, doing up your laces and walking out the door. If you're a hard case virgin who's never approached the girl, just creating that one micro-step of getting yourself outside, with the idea of approaching is going to take you further then watching another twenty YouTube videos and thinking about the perfect thing to say before you approach.

I work with a lot of hard cases. Where other coaches will only take intermediate and advanced and guys, I specialize in helping men who are unable to take the first step. Boot camps may help with this as well, but the problem is after the bootcamp high wears off they lose momentum again. That's why it's important to have some sort of network of support.

If you find yourself not taking action, I highly suggest you also get a wingman. Find someone you can talk to on the phone, not just over text. But at the very least be active on a forum like this one, or in WhatsApp groups, where you hold each other accountable.

Here’s a good rule for your group: If you're not taking action you don't get to be in the group. Of course this is based on the idea of wanting to approach women, and not just talking theory about female psychology, which is something else entirely.

An imperfectionist micro habit might be using a sloppy opener... like asking for the time, or asking for directions to Starbucks. Of course this isn't good game and I wouldn't expect any advanced guy to use that. But it can be very helpful for a newbie just to get them the momentum to move forward again. Taking one small micro action is better than doing nothing at all because at least it will start you up. Become great at sucking. Be the best at sucking. Be amazing at having approach anxiety. Be the master of not knowing what to say.

The moral here is don't try to be a perfectionist and stress about all the ways you can f*** this up. Just mess it up and mess it up again and enjoy the process of messing it up and you will get to where you want to be.

I wrote this entire document with Google Voice to Text. Neat eh?

Tony D

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Is there a reason it says my video is unavailable? A forum setting?

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I often joke about "Better performance through lowered expectations." but it is true. When I need to do a recovery run after a hard long run I will leave my watch and phone and just get it done. Time doesn't matter except the time on my feet.

Often I approach going to the bar in the same way. I'm going to watch the game, kill some time, try a new beer. I might say hello to women and go totally indirect with no intention to take her home. Most memorable time I did that she offered me to eat food off her plate.

Once a few easy lays fall in your lap you can start focusing.

>