Body-oriented therapy and its application to PU

Wick

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
@Carousel

Which is better? To do TRE as a sprint, like every day for 2-3 weeks and kick traumas all at once or as a regular practice 1/2 times per week during the whole year?
Some videos I watched said do it every other day to once a week. Sounds like you don't want to do it every day.

As someone who deals with some general anxiety I think this is just what I needed. Thanks a million @Carousel

I just completed my first session and holy shit, I was whimpering like a baby at times. Damn.

I used this video

I noticed that shifting my leg positions got tremors in different areas. I went back and forth between the two "rest positions".

I went to reddit to ask some questions, but all I saw were debunker skeptics. Funny because I doubt any of them took the 15 mins to try it.

So I'll ask my questions here.

What kind of sensations can I expect? And do the tremors gradually go up your body the more sessions you do?

And I'm assuming I have tension to relieve from my face because once in awhile, in some stressful social situations, I'll get a weird spontaneous face tremor. It feels like a reaction to a fear. Imagine a face contorting in horror, except I'm just trying to leave a party early or get a girl to cuddle me on the beach.

Carousel

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I went to reddit to ask some questions, but all I saw were debunker skeptics. Funny because I doubt any of them took the 15 mins to try it.

Lol, "skeptics" are generally full of shit - not only did they not try it, but they likely also did not care to investigate that TRE is a topic of academic research and various army research. These are just knee-jerk internet trolls who try to come off as smart. They could literally find out by spending 5 seconds at Google.

What kind of sensations can I expect? And do the tremors gradually go up your body the more sessions you do?
This may vary, but usually contractions and various memories associated with relevant situations. Often the upper body follows the lower and then finally the face.

And I'm assuming I have tension to relieve from my face because once in awhile, in some stressful social situations, I'll get a weird spontaneous face tremor. It feels like a reaction to a fear. Imagine a face contorting in horror, except I'm just trying to leave a party early or get a girl to cuddle me on the beach.

Yes. Most people have some tension in the face and what you describe sounds like that.

Last edited:

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I had not focussed on this post because my focus was elsewhere but after seeing how @Klimax mentioned TRE multiple times it piqued my interest...Also ofcourse @Teevster 's excellent last article. I had read and seen a video about TRE maybe 10 years ago but it seemed like fluff.. However if multiple elders are so convinced about these methods it would be foolhardy not to engage in these.

I have been through tons of conflicts and high stress situations (way more than the average guy) through my life and am holding myself well.. however it would be naive to believe no damage was done. I will start doing TRE regularly from now on. I hope it increases my efficiency and alacrity.

Further I did meditation but have slowly degressed in this because of intense busyness...

Code of the natural I will read this week... seems very interesting.

There is one thing I still wonder after a decade: what the fuck is "sphinx of imagination"?

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
It is a guided meditation by Hypnotica. Absolutely worth checking out.

Alright. I'll revisit this post multiple times in the future because I want to take it step by step. First TRE and code of the natural.

>