Can we archive NextASF somewhere here?

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
The last time I've checked NextASF it was offline. Strangely it's online now again. It seems to be read only. The owner decided not to fund it anymore or something. The point is it's on very shaky grounds.

I've bookmarked a couple of topics there which I haven't read yet. Of course I can just download them for later but I thought a full NextASF archive would be cool, especially taking into consideration that this forum is supposed to be its successor. Can we make it happen? I'd appreciate it very much.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
SS is not a NextASF successor. It's a re-domained Girls Chase Boards, which opened a year after NextASF.

The GC Boards was a spiritual successor to mASF (moderated alt.seduction.fast -- Fast Seduction) and the old theApproach forum. We adopted the forum layout of mASF; the rank system is directly from mASF; a lot of things. We're working to add a few more features the old mASF had that I liked and found very useful back in the day too.

We're catching some good guys who've fled the sunken ship of NextASF, which is very cool, and something we want. A lot of very smart, skilled guys there who add a lot of value and we're honored to have join us. Most of these guys are actually originally from mASF. We'd been talking with Alek since maybe 2016 about re-domaining this place to make it a more general/open forum not just tied to Girls Chase, so other guys would be more comfortable here -- the mASF guys who hung around were mostly all getting tired of NextASF some years ago, but didn't want to switch to the GC Boards since they didn't want to be tied to a specific commercial brand (Girls Chase, in this case).

I've checked NextASF, and did not agree with them doing away with ranks, nor did I like the forum structure. They did a weird thing where they asked people to contribute chapters to their forum guide, and I think I started writing one then they said something like there would not be any attribution. So you're not going to know the guy who wrote it or have a link to his site in there. I was like, well, maybe it's some kind of communistic utopia thing or something they've got going on there, I don't know, but... yeah. Weird. A lot of very good guys simply are not going to contribute if they don't get attribution.

So yeah. I like a lot of the guys coming over from there.

Felt like a big disconnect for me, looking at that place. Didn't feel like a place I felt terribly welcome.

This place is not a successor to that in any way, shape, or form.

mASF? Yes, definitely. I hope. That's a big name to live up to though. Jay and Ray did an awesome job with that place before they sold to Rich La Ruina.

Anyway, my understanding with NextASF is that Caleb (Black Dragon) did not really look for buyers for it, and is simply keeping it closed down and off-the-market.

I don't know enough about the post history there... I'm certain there's plenty of great stuff. I don't know what value to place on it though, and I doubt Caleb is inclined to just give it away.

And I cannot just go swiping another website's content and posting it here without that site's blessing.

So not really a realistic way this could work, that I see.

Chase

Dr Feelgood

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I see Chase's answer and it makes sense.

Still, I am also interested in an archive and it would probably better to organize it in private than to get Chase involved.

@Space

I know that the user SexualHero (hope I remember his name correctly) from nextasf had archived the whole forum. Correct me if I am wrong but nextasf is still not accessible. You can have a look at the public categories but as soon as you log in to see for example the "Hall of Fame" or the "Field Report" section, it states that you are banned from this forum.
So the really good content is locked away...

Mike Silvertree

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Chase,

The forum update looks great, and it appears to have gone smoothly. Good luck with it in the future.
~ ~ ~
Last I talked to Blackdragon a few months ago, his plan for NextASF was to reopen it as an archive and put advertising on it. He supposedly was going to have his tech guys work on it. I have no idea what is happening; once it closed the tech guys deleted all the Admin and Mod accounts and I no longer have access to the control panel.

When I closed the forum, I wanted to preserve the poster's names on their posts, or it would have been a lot less useful. I tried to do this by setting all the permissions for members to no, which worked to preserve the names and prevent further posts from being made. However, vBulletin 5 is a quirky bit of software which was no where near as polished as its predecessor and not really ready for release in my opinion, and I discovered that after I did that, it gave all members, "You Are Banned", messages when they tried to log on. Sorry about that, it was not my intention.

The reason no one can access Lay Reports, Blogs, or Relationships Forums is that we hid them from non members and made them not searchable by search engines after the Coffee Shop PUAs scandal a few years back. I don't have a link handy, but basically the were two PUAs that owned a boutique coffee shop, and were laying a lot of the women they met there, and posting about them in a blog. They got discovered and holy heck broke loose. They lost their business and were run out of town by enraged Feminists and SJWs. After that happened, forums with information about women members were having relationships with were hidden to protect our members and the women they wrote about. I am not sure if Blackdragon is going to reopen them for that reason.

I can assure you that Blackdragon would be unhappy at the minimum if someone created an archive of NextASF without his permission. He spent a ton of money on it; he owns it. If anyone wants to contact him about it, I can put you in touch with him. You can message me if this place has that feature. I'm a noob and have no idea how anything works. I just joined to answer this post.

ms

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hey Mike,

Thank you. And that's an interesting inside perspective on NextASF.

Yes, that's what I'd expect about Caleb not being fond of someone else creating an archive of there.

He may have difficulty monetizing it, especially if it's a defunct forum. Organic traffic tends to fall pretty quickly to near-zero when activity on a site stops. And Google tends to reduce the traffic it sends by a lot too the less active a place becomes.

Here are a few links to the coffee shop PUA story: Return of Kings | Daily Kos. I remember that. I think the best tip there is "don't write a short list of bite-size summaries of lays that are identifiable and provide easy soundbites to the media."

No one's going to read through your 50 pages-long lay reports. But he might dig up that little soundbite list...

Chase

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hey Chase, how is it going?

First of all, congratulations on the new forum! It looks awesome and I really hope is picks it up from where the old Masf left.

About Nextasf, yes, it has a lot of useful content for sure. But as ST pointed out, the platform was atrocious and the search features not great; plus it had some big problems with moderation, where great posts quickly became shitfests - or great posters were banned for (allegedly) personal reasons.

I was a moderator there for a while, but by that time the forum was pretty much slow and on its way to the end. We created a reddit community to be a safe heaven until your new forum was up. It has roughly 1200 page views per month, so I would be more than glad to leave a permalink there and redirect those people here, since the old forum is closed and dead.

Good luck with this new venture and let me know if I can help with anything.

~POB

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Thanks POB! And, welcome!

About Nextasf, yes, it has a lot of useful content for sure. But as ST pointed out, the platform was atrocious and the search features not great; plus it had some big problems with moderation, where great posts quickly became shitfests - or great posters were banned for (allegedly) personal reasons.

Yeah, if there are aesthetics and moderation problems, those are a big deal.

Search too. We're working to set up Elasticsearch for SS, with an improved search functionality, so this should get stronger here as well.

I was a moderator there for a while, but by that time the forum was pretty much slow and on its way to the end. We created a reddit community to be a safe heaven until your new forum was up. It has roughly 1200 page views per month, so I would be more than glad to leave a permalink there and redirect those people here, since the old forum is closed and dead.

Good luck with this new venture and let me know if I can help with anything.

~POB

Sure, that'd be way cool. Any good traffic and interested guys you're sending this way I'm grateful for!

Cheers man,

Chase

Jesse

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Chase is a level-headed, consistent, and steady Captain at the helm and not just out to make a quick buck or gratify his ego or want to start a cult, so I feel like this forum will have a longer lifetime than some others in the past.

SexualHero

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I see Chase's answer and it makes sense.

Still, I am also interested in an archive and it would probably better to organize it in private than to get Chase involved.

@Space

I know that the user SexualHero (hope I remember his name correctly) from nextasf had archived the whole forum. Correct me if I am wrong but nextasf is still not accessible. You can have a look at the public categories but as soon as you log in to see for example the "Hall of Fame" or the "Field Report" section, it states that you are banned from this forum.
So the really good content is locked away...

I do indeed have entire nextasf backup up on my hdd including sex reports and other sections not available. I am not sure how to proceed or should I do anything with it. It seems Celeb doesn't want this shared, yet at the same time he hasn't done anything to make this content available. I feel its not in best interest of men to not have access to sex reports and similiar sections of the site. Yet at the same time, I most certainly do not want to brake any rules of this forum. So if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do with this archive, you are welcome to send me a private message or reply here

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I do indeed have entire nextasf backup up on my hdd including sex reports and other sections not available. I am not sure how to proceed or should I do anything with it. It seems Celeb doesn't want this shared, yet at the same time he hasn't done anything to make this content available. I feel its not in best interest of men to not have access to sex reports and similiar sections of the site. Yet at the same time, I most certainly do not want to brake any rules of this forum. So if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do with this archive, you are welcome to send me a private message or reply here

The rule is not there for no reasons. The rule is based on copyrights laws...

Caleb is owner of the material posted on nextasf. But I think the original poster is too, but I am not too sure about this.

Alek

Mike Silvertree

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I finally heard from Blackdragon. He wanted more information. I think my first email was not clear enough. I just wrote him again with a more detailed description of what is being asked.

He also said that his current plan is to convert it into an article style site. It is moving slowly, but is in process.

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@ST, I have a big IF in my head about the ownership of what was posted there...more or less of Teevester has brought up.
For example, I do re-post some of my stuff on my own personal blog.
If for any reasons I decide to monetize it, how is it gonna be legally speaking?
Because technically I too have ownership of my own material.

If you could ask him, I would be very glad.
Thx in advance!

Mike Silvertree

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Update:

I have done a bit of back and forth via email with BD. He is still having the conversion of the forum worked on. It may have to be converted to a different forum platform, vBulletin 5 is that awful to work with. He doesn't understand why people need to put up an archive given that it is still on line and available free. He does not give permission to put up another archive with NextASF/SedFast content. We are looking for the member's user agreement to see what is in there. It has been a while since either of us has read it.

I will post more when I know more.

mst

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Update:

I have done a bit of back and forth via email with BD. He is still having the conversion of the forum worked on. It may have to be converted to a different forum platform, vBulletin 5 is that awful to work with. He doesn't understand why people need to put up an archive given that it is still on line and available free. He does not give permission to put up another archive with NextASF/SedFast content. We are looking for the member's user agreement to see what is in there. It has been a while since either of us has read it.

I will post more when I know more.

mst

cause 35% of the personal archives are not available like lay reports, field reports, dark forums etc...

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
The last time I've checked NextASF it was offline. Strangely it's online now again.
He doesn't understand why people need to put up an archive given that it is still on line and available free.
Thread starter here. Oh. If it's going to stay online for the foreseeable future as long as I need to get back to it that I was unsure about when asking the question, I'm OK. Thanks for all you guys for moving it forward!

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Im pretty confident many of us feel its nice to go tabula rasa here. Clean shate.

Opens up a whole new culture - maybe even for a 3 or 4gen to form to follow cozys depictions of generations.

It is ofc. good thinking to build of the old know how as @Space wanted. Thats solved as he writes, If BD will archive it and even article form it i think its great. Might work sorta like bristol lair if it had some clean-up(hint ;) ). Concerns were more with his new choice of life direction and how that shapes up which we all need to respect imo. But from what @Mike Silvertree outlines he seems to do the right thing for our community. Good. But for GC readers interested you have the guys here who knows whats good in there (Theres a lot of fuzz too). We can link it up as we already have started doing cutting through it all for you.

@Skills On the 30% non-accessible stuff i think beyond FRs HOF is a key. Maybe you think differently. & on FR Yes theres a few FR but the ones coming up here will outweigh that shortly. Might put some pressure on us to put the doings in writing again. Maybe bd will let eg. HOF be accessible. maybe we repost a few field rapports if needed. My point is just i dont think its that big of a deal beyond a few select cool posts.

@POB i would advice you to understand the legal situation around posting and commercial usage from a 3rd party. Needless to say, best to find solutions directly w the community platform owner. But just know your position. Also there are tricks to make it just different enough to the original post so that it becomes a different post from various angles and not a problem for the old platform but an activator for them. Means win win. Biggest problem is they dont want the exact same post all over the web at the same time. Funnily its partly not necessarily smart to think that way if you follow deportalised modern marketing practices. Ethically it reduces innovative spread too etc. i could go on - im sure you get my drift.

I say cool w NEXTASF becoming article format. Beyond that - Tabula Rasa, leaves our minds open for new thinking and doing. Frees up good seducers for more innovation while we can add the old in as we go along. The Freshness of things atm is invigorating :)

Last edited:

Carousel

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
The FRs and LRs were posted on the implicit premise that they were hidden to the general public. Then it would be a breach of that premise to make them publicly available. Just saying.

We have many of the innovators here anyway. And most of the non-report content is still possible to access. I see no problems with the current state of affairs.

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Just wondering because, well if its redirecting like that, is it a virus of some sort on his website?

>