Charisma Course

Troy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I was dissapointed overall.

I expected it to be more actionable in nature. The 2 videos sent during the pre-launch emails were actually far better than what I saw in the course. One was on presence, and the other was on making 3 seconds eye contact with each member of a group. I found those extremely actionable, tried them out and I'm pretty sure I forever upped my charisma with these 2 videos alone. (edit: I'm not sure if it was only 2 videos or there were more. I think there was one more. I'm not sure)

The course delves a lot in theory, which I suppose is essential given the topic. However, after the first 2 lessons, all I could think of was "Alright, I get that. Those studies are great. But how do I actually work towards becoming charismatic?"

Lessons 3 & 4 supposedly get super actionable, but I still found myself fumbling across theory to find actionable tips.

The bonus video, which breaks down the charisma of Hollywood actors and a US president, does add some value.

I'm not sure what I expected. I guess I thought the course would take advantage of the fact that it's filmed. Meaning we would not only receive the theory but get to see some of it as well. See some facial expressions, some body language tips, some charismatic hand gestures, some charismatic voice. Maybe the fantastic actor for the touch section could have handled it? I'm sure he would have done a terrific job.

That aside, I still would not have bailed on the course if it felt super actionable. Perhaps an action plan with concrete steps to develop your charisma? Or having some kind of homework set up?

And I'm not sure how I feel about the interview style. We know it's scripted (and it should be, no one wants a completely random course) but it does feel a bit forced, especially from the interviewer. And the actress, while she seems fun and pretty, adds nothing to the charisma course itself.

The casual chatting as well, it does not seem very effective to convey strong actionable tips. Again, here's why I think the pre-launch videos were really good. The presenter spoke directly to the camera and delivered a mass of concentrated value. In all due fairness, since those were the pre-launch videos, I expected the course to be quite similar. I thought the presenter would be diving into each tip to become charismatic in as much detail and with as many vivid examples as he did with presence and 3 seconds eye contact. I thought that if those were the tip of the iceberg, and that I grasped those concepts in just two videos and were able to apply them easily given the actionable nature of the videos, then the course would be explosive.

One excellent note, though, is the touch course. The visual examples are outstanding. The actor perfectly captures the vibe of those touches, and it feels so natural and easy to replicate them. Definitely 10/10. Once it's released as a standalone, I'm purchasing it for sure. It's a great visual reminder and watching it before meeting girls helps a great deal.

This is not to say the course is terrible. Comments and reviews seem to be very positive, some even commenting it's the best course they've seen on charisma. Perhaps I'm an outlier? I suppose you should see for yourself. It might as well be a killer course which allows you to develop your charisma pass elite levels. I suppose it depends on the individual and what expectations he has.

Anyway, that was my experience.
thanks for sharing. I'll try to find some time in the next couple days ahead to watch the videos. Since I bought, I have not even logged in lol. I'll see for myself how the course could help me and I'll update my experience as well

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Regal Tiger,

Really! I'm always surprised how guys consume courses.

The books for charisma I think were a bit more bareboned than One Date. All the course content / video content I did myself for both courses, but the One Date books I also wrote, and tried to get a lot of what was in the videos, plus went over several times and added new research and info after the course before we launched. So they were pretty meaty, covered probably 75% of what was in the videos, plus contained various tidbits & odds and ends that didn't appear in the videos.

For charisma, what I ended up doing was asking Tony to review all my notes and watch the videos and construct the companion books for that. They're probably a little sparser for that reason, and don't have the extra / exclusive content the One Date books do (where I was going back and adding in more stuff that occurred to me or new research I came across after we'd already shot the course). The primary focus was the videos.

The 'charismatic signals' book I just added on Sunday I think it was... you might like that one. That one I wrote personally, trying to keep it simple, but focused on just the totally 100% practical side of things.

For all the books, we'll be updating the design (I actually might have the fully designed books for charisma & touch now... I need to check where we're at with those, just running behind on things).

Maybe what I might do, since it looks like guys are still saying "It's not practical enough!" is create another book for it with a specific charisma learning plan... or maybe a couple of different plans.

(see? This is why you do a smaller in-house launch like this before you release to the general public :D )

@Jimmysmith,

Sorry to hear you didn't find it to your liking.

I see in our ticketing system you've got two tickets, and Rea responded to you on Sunday... maybe a little before you made this post, or slightly after? Did that not show up?

The casual chatting as well, it does not seem very effective to convey strong actionable tips. Again, here's why I think the pre-launch videos were really good. The presenter spoke directly to the camera and delivered a mass of concentrated value. In all due fairness, since those were the pre-launch videos, I expected the course to be quite similar. I thought the presenter would be diving into each tip to become charismatic in as much detail and with as many vivid examples as he did with presence and 3 seconds eye contact. I thought that if those were the tip of the iceberg, and that I grasped those concepts in just two videos and were able to apply them easily given the actionable nature of the videos, then the course would be explosive.

That's terrific feedback, thanks.

It's actually a lot easier to shoot those types of videos. Then all I have to do is just stand there and riff.

What I might do... since it seems like folks are finding the course a bit more theoretical and having a tougher time getting to the practical stuff, is...

• Do a video version of the charismatic signals, and explain each in-depth

• Do a video version of the charisma learning plan, which I'll probably write out first to have it very clear

• Then record a video introduction where I tell guys "we go deep into theory in lessons 1 and 2, we get more practical in 3 and 4, if you want to dive straight into practical stuff check out the signals and fast-start plans video, then come back to the core lessons when you're ready for a super solid grasp of things"

Yeah, this is all good stuff.

Doesn't take long to put together, and it sounds like these are "missing pieces" for the course.

Chase

Troy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@Regal Tiger,

Really! I'm always surprised how guys consume courses.

The books for charisma I think were a bit more bareboned than One Date. All the course content / video content I did myself for both courses, but the One Date books I also wrote, and tried to get a lot of what was in the videos, plus went over several times and added new research and info after the course before we launched. So they were pretty meaty, covered probably 75% of what was in the videos, plus contained various tidbits & odds and ends that didn't appear in the videos.

For charisma, what I ended up doing was asking Tony to review all my notes and watch the videos and construct the companion books for that. They're probably a little sparser for that reason, and don't have the extra / exclusive content the One Date books do (where I was going back and adding in more stuff that occurred to me or new research I came across after we'd already shot the course). The primary focus was the videos.

The 'charismatic signals' book I just added on Sunday I think it was... you might like that one. That one I wrote personally, trying to keep it simple, but focused on just the totally 100% practical side of things.

For all the books, we'll be updating the design (I actually might have the fully designed books for charisma & touch now... I need to check where we're at with those, just running behind on things).

Maybe what I might do, since it looks like guys are still saying "It's not practical enough!" is create another book for it with a specific charisma learning plan... or maybe a couple of different plans.

(see? This is why you do a smaller in-house launch like this before you release to the general public :D )

@Jimmysmith,

Sorry to hear you didn't find it to your liking.

I see in our ticketing system you've got two tickets, and Rea responded to you on Sunday... maybe a little before you made this post, or slightly after? Did that not show up?

That's terrific feedback, thanks.

It's actually a lot easier to shoot those types of videos. Then all I have to do is just stand there and riff.

What I might do... since it seems like folks are finding the course a bit more theoretical and having a tougher time getting to the practical stuff, is...

• Do a video version of the charismatic signals, and explain each in-depth

• Do a video version of the charisma learning plan, which I'll probably write out first to have it very clear

• Then record a video introduction where I tell guys "we go deep into theory in lessons 1 and 2, we get more practical in 3 and 4, if you want to dive straight into practical stuff check out the signals and fast-start plans video, then come back to the core lessons when you're ready for a super solid grasp of things"

Yeah, this is all good stuff.

Doesn't take long to put together, and it sounds like these are "missing pieces" for the course.

Chase
Hey @Chase did you see my thread conversation here? https://www.skilledseducer.com/threads/3-in-1-package-launch-other-products.24291/

Thanks

James D

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Thank you, yes Rea responded. She asked me to confirm whether I wanted to proceed with the refund or give it another try. I replied and hopefully she'll get back to me.
Takes long to put together, for sure.

Whether those are "missing pieces", I'm not sure. Maybe a video on the main charismatic signals (not all 26) would be great.

Any way, I'm sorry if my post offended you. I was reponding genuinely to Troy who asked why I wanted a refund. I should have taken it privately or not responded at all.

Really sorry.

I'm sure most guys will find value in that course.

Troy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Thank you, yes Rea responded. She asked me to confirm whether I wanted to proceed with the refund or give it another try. I replied and hopefully she'll get back to me.

Takes long to put together, for sure.

Whether those are "missing pieces", I'm not sure. Maybe a video on the main charismatic signals (not all 26) would be great.

Any way, I'm sorry if my post offended you. I was reponding genuinely to Troy who asked why I wanted a refund. I should have taken it privately or not responded at all.

Really sorry.

I'm sure most guys will find value in that course.
I would think most persons appreciate hearing the feedback. It's take a real G to take constructive feedback publicly. And from my opinion Chase was not offended. If anything me asking your feedback was good. And you Jimmy gave an excellent response. Which Chase can now use to improve upon for all of us.

James D

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I would think most persons appreciate hearing the feedback. It's take a real G to take constructive feedback publicly. And from my opinion Chase was not offended. If anything me asking your feedback was good. And you Jimmy gave an excellent response. Which Chase can now use to improve upon for all of us.
Appreciate it mate.

I'm not sure if he was offended but he does not seem to have appreicated my post.

That "Doesn't take long to put together, and it sounds like these are "missing pieces" for the course" confirms it.

Anyway, glad the feedback offered some perspective.

Hope you find the course useful!

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
@Chase
Yup yup! I'm a reader through and through. To be honest, I feel similarly as some others here, but you've always been someone to provide a staggeringly high amount of value so I'm sticking with ya (and it sounds like you're already working on improving everything proving just that). I'll check out that new course book when everything else is out and just go through everything at once like I did last time! Once it's done I'm sure there will be updates somewhere so I'll see them and go through everything again! Looking forward to it :)

For everyone else:
While you might be a little let down with the course (again, I was as well) I believe that Chase will see this feedback here and come back with something 10x better. He's always been a stand-up guy who delivers value (seriously, just look at his articles, always well-thought out and extremely well-done as well as easy to go through and understand).

I know I'm just a stranger on the internet who doesn't know your life, or your situation or anything like that. But I would suggest letting it ride for a little while to see what he comes back with. Or, if you're set on a refund then just keeping an eye out for updates and possibly giving those a try. That way there's no risk to you at all and you can still get the information that you're after. Because you'll notice when thinking about it that you purchased the course for a reason. That reason hasn't been satisfied and you'll probably notice when you stop to think about it, burns more than ever right now after having come closer to achieving it.

Just to share; my personal reasons for getting the course are like this:
1) I've gotten tremendous value from GC and enjoy giving back when I'm able (even bought one of his old books after getting OD)
2) Psychology and the mind is my literal obsession and anytime I see the chance for new information I usually jump on it
3) Chicks - anytime I can increase my attractiveness is a time that I can afford lol
4) Friends - never had a booming social circle before, usually just a few here and there. Would like to give that a try at least once

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Jimmysmith,

I'm not offended, no. I genuinely appreciate the feedback.

Obviously it's disappointing to hear a course you put a lot of time and effort into, not to mention went in with the impression was sort of groundbreaking, is disappointing, but I see some easy ways to remedy what look like the main areas folks felt like their expectations were unmet in.

I'm not sure if he was offended but he does not seem to have appreicated my post.

That "Doesn't take long to put together, and it sounds like these are "missing pieces" for the course" confirms it.

All I was saying here is the "Chase standing in front of a camera" videos are quick for me to shoot, take generally about a week for our editor to edit, and as such as a lot faster and easier to create than the sit-down interviews we filmed as the core part of the course. i.e., if this content (charismatic signals video + charisma learning path video + an intro) is what the course needs to deliver on what guys want from it, that is a lot easier to put together than the original videos were.

(also, a separate item here, it seems like Rea is taking too long to respond to support tickets. This is another thing I think I need to address internally)

@Regal Tiger,

@Chase
Yup yup! I'm a reader through and through. To be honest, I feel similarly as some others here, but you've always been someone to provide a staggeringly high amount of value so I'm sticking with ya (and it sounds like you're already working on improving everything proving just that). I'll check out that new course book when everything else is out and just go through everything at once like I did last time! Once it's done I'm sure there will be updates somewhere so I'll see them and go through everything again! Looking forward to it :)

Understood.

In that case, yeah, if you're not watching the videos at all and are ONLY doing written content, the course is going to come up short, yeah.

Question: if we had the transcripts for the videos for this, would you be reading those? Or is that too close to watching a video?

Might just be the case that I need to take a week and write out a proper book for the course for the guys who are pure readers to dig into.

Chase

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@James D,

I've merged your jimmysmith account, after confirming it was yours.

Please do not create secondary accounts, on either the forum or courses.

I do appreciate worthwhile criticism. I do not appreciate it coming from a sock puppet account.

As noted, we have repeatedly banned your accounts and you were not supposed to be purchasing anything with Girls Chase. You have been circumventing our ban system, just to buy, and then refund.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you are an unusually picky buyer. However, I have found myself dealing with issues regarding your accounts repeatedly, and it is not how I wish to be using my time.

I'll tell Rea to honor this one last refund request for you, but all this drama with you repeatedly buying, refunding, us closing your accounts, you signing up new ones, buying, refunding, then me telling you here you weren't eligible for a refund after the umpteenth time, then you creating a second forum account to complain, opening a bunch of support tickets, @ ing me on here to suck me into the forum thread, starting comments on articles, all to demand refunds -- this is a colossal waste of my time.

Do not buy anything else from Girls Chase again.

Your accounts are all blocked from purchasing, and I'll make sure we have you added to every blocklist we can to try to help you control yourself.

But: if you buy anything with us again (and this is just for James D/jimmysmith; this is not for anyone else, unless you're someone we've specifically had repeat problems with and have had to close accounts for), you will not be eligible for any kind of refunds or credits.

You should go hit up Art of the Charm or someone like that. I don't have the patience for this, myself.

====

To everyone else:

The James D/jimmysmith drama notwithstanding, I'll still be making these upgrades to the course.

I think they'll all be fantastic upgrades, that are absolutely worth making to the course.

(I guess there is some merit to having a super picky guy critique the course. Actually maybe I should just have James D go through every new course before we launch it and tell us everything wrong with it so I can make it pristine)

Also, the "Lifestyles Under Lockdown" video is coming very soon.

It's totally done, I just need to get it uploaded to our server (my connection keeps timing out; I might have Amir upload it for us).

That's a 45-minute video that condenses my thoughts on lifestyle design under lockdown that I initially wrote for the site, but decided to pull because I think the lockdowns are too sensitive a topic (i.e., too important to the powers that be) to post about too unconventionally on the open web. I think it should be useful for a few new perspectives, and I'll have some resources added to that page for the guys who want to take the advice to move around a bit more and head to places that aren't locked down so severely.

More on the way!

Chase

Starboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@James D,

I've merged your jimmysmith account, after confirming it was yours.

I do appreciate worthwhile criticism. I do not appreciate it coming from a sock puppet account.

As noted, we have repeatedly banned your accounts and you were not supposed to be purchasing anything with Girls Chase. You have been circumventing our ban system, just to buy, and then refund.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume you are an unusually picky buyer. However, I have found myself dealing with issues regarding your accounts repeatedly, and it is not how I wish to be using my time.

I'll tell Rea to honor this one last refund request for you, but all this drama with you repeatedly buying, refunding, us closing your accounts, you signing up new ones, buying, refunding, then me telling you here you weren't eligible for a refund after the umpteenth time, then you creating a second forum account to complain, opening a bunch of support tickets, @ ing me on here to suck me into the forum thread, starting comments on articles, all to demand refunds -- this is a colossal waste of my time.

Your accounts are all blocked from purchasing, and I'll make sure we have you added to every blocklist we can to try to help you control yourself.

But: if you buy anything with us again (and this is just for James D/jimmysmith; this is not for anyone else, unless you're someone we've specifically had repeat problems with and have had to close accounts for), you will not be eligible for any kind of refunds or credits.

You should go hit up Art of the Charm or someone like that. I don't have the patience for this, myself.

====

To everyone else:

The James D/jimmysmith drama notwithstanding, I'll still be making these upgrades to the course.

I think they'll all be fantastic upgrades, that are absolutely worth making to the course.

(I guess there is some merit to having a super picky guy critique the course. Actually maybe I should just have James D go through every new course before we launch it and tell us everything wrong with it so I can make it pristine)

Also, the "Lifestyles Under Lockdown" video is coming very soon.

It's totally done, I just need to get it uploaded to our server (my connection keeps timing out; I might have Amir upload it for us).

That's a 45-minute video that condenses my thoughts on lifestyle design under lockdown that I initially wrote for the site, but decided to pull because I think the lockdowns are too sensitive a topic (i.e., too important to the powers that be) to post about too unconventionally on the open web. I think it should be useful for a few new perspectives, and I'll have some resources added to that page for the guys who want to take the advice to move around a bit more and head to places that aren't locked down so severely.

More on the way!

Chase
I don't understand how dude can go a perfect 10 for 10 on the refunding line for like every single dating product u guys have lol. I get maybe there's not a good use for some guys and their financial situation could be different. I haven't fully consumed all the course material I purchased from you guys and some of the older products like seduction sensei or the original gc book I might not review it just because there's more updated and more relevant material.

Even then I don't regret anything I spent on behalf of gc. You guys do a great job and I have no issue supporting a good business whether I use everything I read or not. Much more useful then that onlyfans thingy lol.

Also yeah maybe don't talk about lockdowns and whether they're foolish,excessive or reckless what not. Not worth getting the site nuked possibly lol.

James D

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Gotcha.
then you creating a second forum account to complain, opening a bunch of support tickets, @ ing me on here to suck me into the forum thread, starting comments on articles, all to demand refunds
I created a second account to @ you so I can catch your attention, since I received no response from support tickets. It was not to complain. Someone asked, I responded. If no one had asked, I would simply have kept trying to get your attention for the refund. And in the end, while my feedback is getting me permanently banned, you're actually gonna add those changes and I'll never get the course I actually envisioned. Guess I deserved my punishment?
I don't understand how dude can go a perfect 10 for 10 on the refunding line for like every single dating product u guys have lol.
Nope, this is not the case and I don't think Chase referred to "every single dating product". My first ever purchase, I think, was KIng of College, which I adore and cherish to this day. I believe he referred to the multiple times I purchased One Date, refunded because of slow load time of videos, purchased voice product and refunded since everyone with a YouTube access could access similar info, and finally, bought Charisma, gave it a genuine try but encountered some issues (view my detailed feedback)

The only 2 products I've had issues, content wise, were voice (there was a free YouTube vid covering it) and Charisma (again, my detailed feedback)

That said, from Chase's point of view, I'm a real pain in the ass when it comes to business.
I'll tell Rea to honor this one last refund request for you,
Yes, please. It would be much appreciated.
Sure. It's clear at that point we're not a match when it comes to business.
But: if you buy anything with us again
It will never happen again. Never.
Actually maybe I should just have James D go through every new course before we launch it and tell us everything wrong with it so I can make it pristine
It appears to be low-key sarcastic but just in case, I'll respectfully decline. We're not a match for any sorts of business transactions.

You know, since I've never had any issues with One Date's content, I assumed Charisma would be great and I bought it, crossing fingers for the video load time. What actually happened, I did not envision.

I was initally hyped about it. I even posted on this thread somewhere that I love the course. I suppose that's because emotions are high post-purchase and the email reassuring me I made an excellelent decision reaffirmed that? I did mention the heavy theory though. And when you said to make it through lessons 3 & 4, I kept going.

Anyway.

The touch course was excellent, no complains.

I'm not stealing your courses, although it's in your advantage to frame it as such. It's okay, it's your forum, you've got a business to run. Most of the time I had to refund was because I could not even load the content. Two out of the many, many refund requests, I've had an issue with content. Voice, as menionned above, and of course, charisma. The first time I purchased OD and had to refund, after a few days or weeks, I still wanted to give it a try. Perhaps this time the load time would be good? So I did it again. And again. Only after a number of unsuccessful trials and refunds, I realised that there is no use to purchase OD if I'll never be able to play the videos.

And when I look back, I only then realise that holy moly, I purchased and refunded SO many times.

So yeah, while you're making it look like it's my intention to jump in, consume your courses, and run away with a refund, yeah, it's not the case. It's unfortunate that the historical data directly leads to that conclusion though.

Since it's your forum, you control the frame, you decide what conlcusion everyone reading this thread will draw from that.

So, go ahead. It would be foolish for me to try and stop that.

Again, I appreciate you honouring the last refund request. I'll stick to following up via email. Once the process is done, we can put it behind.

Lastly, I tried to delete my James D account on the boards but could not find a way to do it. If you can, please delete it. I won't be using this account or creating any forum accounts again. Hope some guys found value in what I had to say overall and, if you guys will get a better charisma course due to my undesired feedback, you guys enjoy :)

And since this is my last post, you can reply and frame James D in whatever way you want, which you can since this is your territory (funny how history is written by winners, right?) So, you go ahead and do that :) (or you can ignore my post as well, I've taken enough of your time as it is)

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
It's not your feedback that is getting you banned. It's worthwhile feedback, and I'll incorporate it.

It is 1.) repeatedly creating new accounts despite us barring your prior ones from buying, 2.) being a very demanding customer, in terms of inability to satisfy + time and effort required dealing with, and 3.) the whole thing with "Yeah sure definitely I don't want a refund it's great!" and then creating a second account to come on and say "Hey I want a refund where's my refund?" while acting like "oh yeah who knows who this presenter is, I don't even know, it's just some guy, I'm new here, I just bought this."

I'm not trying to smear you or attack you. I just don't want to spend my day dealing with a single guy who is not even paying for it.

You're probably a great guy, and I don't doubt your reasons for not being satisfied are anything but genuine. This isn't the only business I've run; I've run others, and been a salesman before that, and dealt with my share of highly demanding customers who need a lot of service and ask for lots of refunds. Ultimately I always end up ending things with them as politely as I can, but it does need to be clear. Unfortunately in this case it's public, but it's generally the same process.

Since it's your forum, you control the frame, you decide what conlcusion everyone reading this thread will draw from that.

So, go ahead. It would be foolish for me to try and stop that.

Again, not trying to dump on you here.

You have a specific kind of customer profile that I understand and am familiar with, but we're just not really well equipped to deal with properly.

Lastly, I tried to delete my James D account on the boards but could not find a way to do it. If you can, please delete it. I won't be using this account or creating any forum accounts again. Hope some guys found value in what I had to say overall and, if you guys will get a better charisma course due to my undesired feedback, you guys enjoy :)

And since this is my last post, you can reply and frame James D in whatever way you want, which you can since this is your territory (funny how history is written by winners, right?) So, you go ahead and do that :) (or you can ignore my post as well, I've taken enough of your time as it is)

We don't delete forum accounts, but can disable it for you if you like. If there's any private information you've posted, we can also remove that -- just link us up which posts/threads and let us know which piece of information is identifying.

Anyway, sorry we couldn't be of better service to you or get you more programs you found more worth your while.

Chase

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder
To add my two cents here:

Video transcripts would be awesome since reading is my preferred mode of taking in information. Especially if the ebooks don't cover all of the video content word for word.

I think learning plans would be a good complement to the ebooks as well.

As for future products, ebooks written in the style of GC articles (thorough, with actionable tidbits, and with the author's "voice" present) would be great. This format is generally my bread and butter when it comes to PUA/self-help. I watch videos but I like that I can move at my own pace more easily with reading material.

But my preference is just one sample point. Not sure what the majority of customers prefer or buy the most though.

One last point, I would definitely watch conversational convos between GC coaches on several topics a la YouTube. Those would be great in terms of the content to learn, spontaneity, and keeping current. Maybe more an idea for GC TV.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Cheers, @Train.

I've been meaning to get the transcripts done for One Date & TDA too (we actually have them for One Date + TDA Modules 1 & 2, I just never had them proofread and formatted).

We had a few guys recently contact support to say they bought and were either hard of hearing or didn't speak English well and wanted transcripts.

This is one of those things you have a blindspot to if it's not how you usually use products... you tend not to realize how useful/important this aspect is to some people.

I've got a transcript guy someone put me in touch with a few years back I've been meaning to follow up with. I'll shoot him an email tomorrow, and see if he can't do all these courses (and we might as well get Hector's course MGE in there too, while we're at it -- that's do out probably summer-ish!).

We'll get these done and added in :)

Chase

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
IMO, as a content consumer and online businessman myself, at some point you have to realize that most courses you buy are not going to be perfect.

Sometimes you buy a course expecting a 180 degrees upgrade to your life and you only get 20 degrees change but that really puts you in a better direction that you would not find by yourself.

Knowledge is like that... the more you get, the more you start seeing diminishing returns... but when you are really committed to reach excellence, you understand that life gets harder and harder to squeeze.

I have some sticking points that I cannot fix by myself and Girlschase has been amazing helping me with them.
In that sense I am thankful and when I buy a program, it is not just for the content but a way to say thanks.

My money situation might be a little different to other guys here... but I wouldn’t mind not squeezing the most of 200 USD as long as I am helping Chase and his team to keep on existing and living a great life.
And the same goes to other “teachers” I have for different subjects.

In life, some things are paid forward.

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Understood.

In that case, yeah, if you're not watching the videos at all and are ONLY doing written content, the course is going to come up short, yeah.

Question: if we had the transcripts for the videos for this, would you be reading those? Or is that too close to watching a video?

Might just be the case that I need to take a week and write out a proper book for the course for the guys who are pure readers to dig into.

Chase
Hell yeah, I like transcripts!

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
IMO, as a content consumer and online businessman myself, at some point you have to realize that most courses you buy are not going to be perfect.

Sometimes you buy a course expecting a 180 degrees upgrade to your life and you only get 20 degrees change but that really puts you in a better direction that you would not find by yourself.

Knowledge is like that... the more you get, the more you start seeing diminishing returns... but when you are really committed to reach excellence, you understand that life gets harder and harder to squeeze.

I have some sticking points that I cannot fix by myself and Girlschase has been amazing helping me with them.
In that sense I am thankful and when I buy a program, it is not just for the content but a way to say thanks.

My money situation might be a little different to other guys here... but I wouldn’t mind not squeezing the most of 200 USD as long as I am helping Chase and his team to keep on existing and living a great life.
And the same goes to other “teachers” I have for different subjects.

In life, some things are paid forward.

This kinda mirrors my thoughts as well. Especially the diminishing returns on knowledge because at a certain point it's like you've gotten most of what people are teaching. What people aren't teaching is definitely still out there, and it's what I hope to get every time I buy something but it's not realistic.

For example, recently I bought a marketing course that I'm extremely let down by. It was highly recommended by Charisma on Command (a channel I enjoy, just wish they wrote shit down so I wouldn't have to watch videos lol). And I already knew 95+% of what I've gone through so far. Meanwhile they're talking about how it literally changed their whole business and I'm like... but I already knew all of this...

Haven't gotten through all of it just yet, so maybe there's stuff towards the end but... so far not so good. It's good information and I can see why someone who hasn't been studying this stuff would find it incredibly useful but... yeah...

Honestly I think I'm just addicted to knowledge :/

I've always jokingly said I'm like Sylar from Heroes "I need to understand"

Troy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I have multiple questions which are unanswered over on my other post. I started going through the course and I see 3 pdf files. They are named "undesigned"

Are they in the process of being "designed"? Some of the words on the PDF are jumbled up and slighly overlapping each other. It's hard to read. I sent an email to gc support almost 2 days ago. I'll wait a little more for a response. However this is a follow up to my original quesitons

3rd waffen

Rookie
Rookie
@Chase where are hector's previous posts on this forum, I can't seem to access them anymore.

Also, girlchasetv is having a bit of a glitch, videos are freezing out after 2-3 min into the video

thanks!

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
For all the notes about contributing and supporting and giving back -- thanks gents. I do much appreciate that.

I've probably run this business a bit less conventionally than most of the bizzes in the space. Most of them are focused purely on ads + JV launches... we do some of that but a lot less than a lot of other folks do.

Sometimes I wonder if I left a ton of money on the table by prioritizing community building and free content so much instead of dumping all my energy into sales funnels and advertising and partnerships. Probably I have. But I also have a personal need to feel like I'm helping people and building a community of sorts, and just doing a pure sales funnel where you're just building products and selling them and not having a lot of feedback or interaction with people is not something that gels with me properly.

(also, I sort of think you get a much higher quality of content/product by interacting directly with guys, so you really know what they want and what benefits them. Writing forum posts and blog articles are also a sort of practice for whatever products you eventually put out. There's a positive feedback loop there, but it does take time)

@uriel,

Yeah, this is true. Also as @Regal Tiger notes at some point most instructors have said most of what they have to say. And you can also come to understand something well enough that there's not a lot more ground to break in whatever the field might be, even if a few new teachers with fresh content come along.

This was one of the reasons I largely stopped reading popular science books. Past a certain point, you get a few interesting tidbits here and there but you already know where the book is headed before you even pick it up.

@Regal Tiger,

Hell yeah, I like transcripts!

Great! I'll get those underway...

For example, recently I bought a marketing course that I'm extremely let down by. It was highly recommended by Charisma on Command (a channel I enjoy, just wish they wrote shit down so I wouldn't have to watch videos lol). And I already knew 95+% of what I've gone through so far. Meanwhile they're talking about how it literally changed their whole business and I'm like... but I already knew all of this...

I don't know the guy who runs that channel super well, and I'm not familiar with his marketing strategy.

But I will say a lot of marketers default to "this is THE best EVER! It changed EVERYTHING for me!" when pushing things, just as a sort of, "Well, I have to sell the product, so what should I say? I guess I'll say it's the best ever," low level salesmanship.

Better salesmanship is saying "this product is great because it did THESE SPECIFIC THINGS for me that no other product had." But some products you can't really do that about, especially if they are too general or very basic.

(then you get to the question of "if there's nothing standout or specific about this product I can sell... should I really be telling my audience to buy it?")

@Troy,

I have multiple questions which are unanswered over on my other post. I started going through the course and I see 3 pdf files. They are named "undesigned"

Are they in the process of being "designed"? Some of the words on the PDF are jumbled up and slighly overlapping each other. It's hard to read. I sent an email to gc support almost 2 days ago. I'll wait a little more for a response. However this is a follow up to my original quesitons

Ah man, no response for you in 2 days either?

I thought we had a winner with Rea. I've gone through a slew of customer support folks over the past 2 years. Customer support is honestly the most difficult role I have ever had to hire for. I don't know why it's so bloody difficult.

Anyway... they're labeled "undesigned" because we have some beautiful, gorgeous PDFs to replace them, whereas these are just text on white backgrounds. I think the charisma one is all done, and touch may be ready; I'll try to get the fully designed ones added over the next day if indeed they're read.

The "lifestyle under lockdown" video is also complete, and I'll get that added shortly.

It's based on a long article I wrote last year, then shelved, but maybe for guys who want something written I can dust off that article and turn that into an accompanying piece for that video.

@3rd waffen,

@Hector Papi Castillo went through and with @Franco's help deleted a ton of his old lay reports and other posts a while back when he became afraid he was going to get targeted for them (he was in university at the time and dealing with some tumult).

I didn't know about this at the time, and wasn't too happy about it (if he was really at some risk, we could've found some other solution, aside from just "total deletion"), but at this point it's water under the bridge. He regrets deleting them all now and reposted some of his old lay reports last year... I guess he still has them saved on his machine.

But yeah, a lot of his post history is just gone, unfortunately.

I didn't notice it myself until a year+ after they did that, so the backups for it are long cleared.

(I try to take a yearly offline backup of everything, just in case of total disaster at some point, but I think I skipped a few years between 2012 and 2015 or so, and this transpired in maybe 2015, and all his old posts got wiped out)

As for GC TV... the site's not supposed to be live yet; we're still doing a lot of development work on it.

I'm aware of that glitch though; our developer messaged me the other day it was fixed, but it sounds like it's still not.

I'll have him look into it more.

Chase

>