Day Game Women in Groups

Henry

Space Monkey
space monkey
Howzit all. Not sure if it's just a trend in my region, but it seems like every single woman I see during day game is with another person (usually a girlfriend). The mall is practically the only place here where you can do day game (nobody walks on the sidewalk - everyone drives). How do you approach a girl who's not by herself? During night game it's easy since people expect you to be social. Or should I just say fuck it and approach her like I would a solo girl? And let her girlfriend(s) hang around awkwardly?

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
should I just say fuck it and approach her like I would a solo girl? And let her girlfriend(s) hang around awkwardly?
Yep, engage the friend slightly like ask where they known eachother from but approaching groups you tend to be more social and less sexual and more entertainer, just ignore friend, sometimes they just walk away and leave you two to it which is awesome, but not everytime.

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
How do you approach a girl who's not by herself? During night game it's easy since people expect you to be social. Or should I just say fuck it and approach her like I would a solo girl? And let her girlfriend(s) hang around awkwardly?

Literally the same way as night game.

I generally use my powers of observation to craft the opener, but I've used "OMG, it's Destiny's Child.., when did y'all get back together....lemme get a shot for the 'Gram". *pull out camera phone*

They will laugh. I then go into something about how a crew of girls has similar styles but they're all different.

They agree.

Then transition into, "which one of you is the Kelly, which one of you is the Beyonce?"
I don't let them answer, I cold read them all, to more laughs.
To the target "Even though you're talking a lot, you're not the Beyonce. Or even though you aren't saying anything, You arent't the Beyonce" Opposite of whatever she's doing.

Tension is broken, they're getting value, and the weirdness of approaching a group in the middle of the day is beaten by my energy/frame, I can't contain myself. I'm one of those guys that's "bigger than life".

Girls just accept the frame because it can be socially awkward not to, despite the fact that me calling them an R&B super group in the middle of the mall.

That said - I don't naturally have a "big" personality. But that's what you need in situations where the social dynamics aren't working in your favor.

This is one of the hardest things in game. I don't know about you, but I come from a STEM background, and learning how to do this stuff took a long time. A long time to even try. And longer still to get my delivery down.

From there, I switch to more "attraction" behaviors, because I'm looking for buy in, I'm looking to express my "amorous" intent, I'm looking to provoke and get the emotions going. Standard stuff.

None of this is easy. And it won't go smoothly and linearly. The "textbook" pickups are actually rare, because girls are chaos agents, and look forward to making you trip up. It's fun for them. They might not want to see you fail, but they just enjoy making a mess of everything. It's a feature not a bug.

There's the rub though. In trying to slow a guy down, they get caught up in that behavioral loop. Just them trying to stop a guy, is a guy hijacking their world. The guy knows it's coming and he has something to draw the group deeper into the web. Her trying to one-up you, means you're in her head.

Now that the guy has opened, what's next? It's harder to isolate like night game, or instadate like day game singles. I think a guy needs to think like a promoter. Get all their contact information and have them come out to something. I would even go so far as to figure out what kinds of guys they like. Ideally they show up, but at least you've got leads for later.

But you can isolate the target or instadate the entire group. If your night game is good, you can merge their set with another group and start a mall food court party.

Good luck.

WIA

Henry

Space Monkey
space monkey

I generally use my powers of observation to craft the opener, but I've used "OMG, it's Destiny's Child.., when did y'all get back together....lemme get a shot for the 'Gram". *pull out camera phone*

They will laugh. I then go into something about how a crew of girls has similar styles but they're all different.

They agree.

Then transition into, "which one of you is the Kelly, which one of you is the Beyonce?"
To the target "Even though you're talking a lot, you're not the Beyonce. Or even though you aren't saying anything, You arent't the Beyonce" Opposite of whatever she's doing.

Tension is broken, they're getting value, and the weirdness of approaching a group in the middle of the day is beaten by my energy/frame, I can't contain myself. I'm one of those guys that's "bigger than life".

Girls just accept the frame because it can be socially awkward not to, despite the fact that me calling them an R&B super group in the middle of the mall.

That said - I don't naturally have a "big" personality. But that's what you need in situations where the social dynamics aren't working in your favor.

This is one of the hardest things in game. I don't know about you, but I come from a STEM background, and learning how to do this stuff took a long time. A long time to even try. And longer still to get my delivery down.

From there, I switch to more "attraction" behaviors, because I'm looking for buy in, I'm looking to express my "amorous" intent, I'm looking to provoke and get the emotions going. Standard stuff.

None of this is easy. And it won't go smoothly and linearly. The "textbook" pickups are actually rare, because girls are chaos agents, and look forward to making you trip up. It's fun for them. They might not want to see you fail, but they just enjoy making a mess of everything. It's a feature not a bug.

There's the rub though. In trying to slow a guy down, they get caught up in that behavioral loop. Just them trying to stop a guy, is a guy hijacking their world. The guy knows it's coming and he has something to draw the group deeper into the web. Her trying to one-up you, means you're in her head.

Now that the guy has opened, what's next? It's harder to isolate like night game, or instadate like day game singles. I think a guy needs to think like a promoter. Get all their contact information and have them come out to something. I would even go so far as to figure out what kinds of guys they like. Ideally they show up, but at least you've got leads for later.

But you can isolate the target or instadate the entire group. If your night game is good, you can merge their set with another group and start a mall food court party.

Good luck.

WIA
Haha yeah mate I've been in STEM since early high school. It's a bit of an adaptation to learn to think chaotically if you're used to logical thinking. Loving it though. But thanks the advice is golden

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

They agree.

Good luck.

WIA

+1
Yay!

Minicold reads - the positive-fun-creative-misinterp of the girls - is one of my favorite chick crack tactics
Ijjjji and i discussed it in great detail here if anyone is interested in the tech itself https://nextasf.com/forum/nextasf/night-game/15856-mcr-v2-03-mini-cold-read

A small but essential addition to WIAs great outline is to remember to lock-in well with groups along delivering the MCR which can make or break the following convo creation. Imo the lock-in the most crucial part.

Another good one i use a lot is - Hey - you guys look like the party... or insert any positive thing which will lift their energies

opening sets with these is a key go to for me too

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
A small but essential addition to WIAs great outline is to remember to lock-in well with groups along delivering the MCR which can make or break the following convo creation. Imo the lock-in the most crucial part.

^Listen to this guy. I totally forgot this.

It's so nice to have a board with more than one veteran! Much props @Glow

Girls can quickly walk off having stolen a laugh from you! Happens a lot more during day than night.

I need to tighten up my "giving rookies advice" game.

WIA

Henry

Space Monkey
space monkey
+1
Yay!

Minicold reads - the positive-fun-creative-misinterp of the girls - is one of my favorite chick crack tactics
Ijjjji and i discussed it in great detail here if anyone is interested in the tech itself https://nextasf.com/forum/nextasf/night-game/15856-mcr-v2-03-mini-cold-read

Another good one i use a lot is - Hey - you guys look like the party... or insert any positive thing which will lift their energies

What exactly is an MCR? Rest of the advice sounds solid though, thanks for the link

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
+1
Yay!

Can you go into more details what you mean with the lock in?

Científico

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I like the "Destiny's Child" routine from WIA - definately going to try it.

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I like the "Destiny's Child" routine from WIA - definately going to try it.

It's my riff on the Powder Puff Girls/Sex in the City style openers from back in the day.

Pretty much all of the old tech/canned openers/routines still works, just needs updating, imo.

It's best to understand the principles behind why these things work.

WIA

terminator92

Space Monkey
space monkey
It's my riff on the Powder Puff Girls/Sex in the City style openers from back in the day.

Pretty much all of the old tech/canned openers/routines still works, just needs updating, imo.

It's best to understand the principles behind why these things work.
You could not have posted this at a better time. I am just about to write some updates of the experiences I have had using old canned openers and routines. I feel I was an idiot for letting myself believe that routines/gambits were weird and the guys using it were weird and that the community evolved. But that's what everyone on Youtube was saying when I found the community few years ago.

I spent 3 years doing direct game. Though it has brought me some results, I am very one dimensional and my Game is predatory trying to look for solo girls in the day time and even at night not what Mystery, Style etc. were doing opening groups bamboozling them and holding court and winning everyone over. I just read your post on your blog where you defend old school routines and a light bulb went off in my head. I am just posting a report on what happened this week to me when I used routines in my journal. Do check that out as well. And thanks for being here and giving us youngsters some wise old advice!

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
You could not have posted this at a better time. I am just about to write some updates of the experiences I have had using old canned openers and routines. I feel I was an idiot for letting myself believe that routines/gambits were weird and the guys using it were weird and that the community evolved. But that's what everyone on Youtube was saying when I found the community few years ago.

Canned openers are the norm in social life.

Person A - Hi
Person B - How are you?
Persona A - Fine. And how are you?
Person B - Doing well.
Person A - Nice weather we're having...

I remember one natural that was part of my extended social circle had went some abandoned/urban ruin spot with his GF.
Him and his girl swore they saw a ghost.
He then retells the same story 10x, to 10 different groups of people. Some of them listened to it again.
He's literally one of the coolest people I've ever met.

Guys that don't go out a lot, don't see these "strange things". Turns out, what is weird/strange, is totally normal.
I've seen guys retell other people's jokes. I've heard tall tales. I've heard a lot of shit talking.

I really feel like it's outsider guys, critics, and newbs that don't truly understand what socialization looks like.
They think people talk like they do in movies and in books. Where every word is has meaning, and people don't talk over each other, and conversational threads don't fall away, or the general chaos of being in that situation.

And if you don't get socialization, understanding pick up (a specialized and more advanced form of socialization) is that much harder.
It can be done, see Tyler and see Todd Valentine, but most guys want to "flow" when it comes to pick up.

If I were to guess, most guys that get into pickup don't like "small talk" and don't like "schmoozing" and don't like "networking"
They find those things to be a chore, and the people who engage in those things to either be dumb or draining to talk to.

But a lot of my game, and I'd say a lot of the game for other guys, is done in the "middle spaces".

Opener
middle space
Transition
middle space
Lock In (Shout out to Glow)
middle space
Attraction Material
middle space
Logistics
middle space
More Attraction material
middle space
Qualification
middle space
She Buys In
middle space
He gives 90% Approval then 10% Withdrawal
middle space
Phase shift

I think the gurus call it "vibing", but it's having a chat with a girl that's flowing, but not going anywhere logically, just emotionally.
And in that "space", it's the pauses, the purposeful making of eye contact, the purposeful emotional reaction, the touches, the "looks", the lean backs...

Those things really do enhance the words, and tend to say more about who you are, or at least round out the picture. But my style is about hitting all of these verbal and nonverbal angles at the same time. Keeping her guessing and off balance, not sure what's gonna happen next is basically being a good social media feed. The emotional spikes should be strong, but intermittent, but also she should have some type of input. There's probably a good bit about dolphin training...

I spent 3 years doing direct game. Though it has brought me some results, I am very one dimensional and my Game is predatory trying to look for solo girls in the day time and even at night not what Mystery, Style etc. were doing opening groups bamboozling them and holding court and winning everyone over. I just read your post on your blog where you defend old school routines and a light bulb went off in my head. I am just posting a report on what happened this week to me when I used routines in my journal. Do check that out as well. And thanks for being here and giving us youngsters some wise old advice!

Anytime. Chase and Co have basically kept pick up alive in these dark times where everyone is sending corny Tinder openers or pretending to be Dan Bilzerian on the 'Gram so they can slide into the dm's (barf). I won't even go into how the Red Pill guys have destroyed the idea of "value".

WIA

jackal2020

Space Monkey
space monkey
It’s cool that the indirect entertainer/high-energy thing works.

For an alternative perspective: I’ve found that you can simply go direct with the girl you’re interested in. That is, you simply say “hold on for a minute, I think you look absolutely gorgeous today.” It’ll work at about the same rate as a solo direct opener. That she’s with a friend just demonstrates your level of guts even more than usual — which is good. In my experience, her friend will do her best to give you space if you’re remotely attractive and thinks there might be chemistry (in some cases, even hiding behind a nearby beam or clothes rack). There’s a passive understanding between men and women that comes out in moments like this.

However, I’ve found one of the hardest parts of street/day game is “changing the momentum”. That means physically getting someone to stop while you say hi — that act of stopping is *extremely* important, I’ve never had a “walk and talk” success (where success just means a date here). This is harder to achieve when more people are walking forward. Physically speaking, there’s more mass you need to stop!

So, if she’s with a friend or two and standing/sitting, going direct works fine. It’s harder when she’s on the move - I’m still figuring that one out.

terminator92

Space Monkey
space monkey
It’s cool that the indirect entertainer/high-energy thing works.

For an alternative perspective: I’ve found that you can simply go direct with the girl you’re interested in. That is, you simply say “hold on for a minute, I think you look absolutely gorgeous today.” It’ll work at about the same rate as a solo direct opener. That she’s with a friend just demonstrates your level of guts even more than usual — which is good. In my experience, her friend will do her best to give you space if you’re remotely attractive and thinks there might be chemistry (in some cases, even hiding behind a nearby beam or clothes rack). There’s a passive understanding between men and women that comes out in moments like this.

However, I’ve found one of the hardest parts of street/day game is “changing the momentum”. That means physically getting someone to stop while you say hi — that act of stopping is *extremely* important, I’ve never had a “walk and talk” success (where success just means a date here). This is harder to achieve when more people are walking forward. Physically speaking, there’s more mass you need to stop!

So, if she’s with a friend or two and standing/sitting, going direct works fine. It’s harder when she’s on the move - I’m still figuring that one out.
You are talking about trawling the streets for girls. Believe me I have done that for a good few years now. Going direct works nobody is disputing that. Both the girls I am dating now are ones who I met on the street with 'Direct Natural Game". Its just that you will see its limitations after doing it for a few years. Don't wait for so long as I did. Diversify your arsenal as I should have done way earlier. Indirect needs more creativity, craft, thought and skill and has wider applications. You can't say "hold on for a minute, I think you look absolutely gorgeous today" to a smoke show you see at a restaurant/bar/club surrounded by 3 guys and 4 girls. Your guts won't help you there, you will be the weirdo if you do that there. Learn group dynamics, routines,gambits, structure etc. Listen to good old Mystery, @Chase @West_Indian_Archie @Teevster @Bacchus and several other experienced guys are saying instead of just those dudes on Youtube who are popular nowadays. I wish I had done it way earlier.

Last edited:

terminator92

Space Monkey
space monkey
Canned openers are the norm in social life.

Person A - Hi
Person B - How are you?
Persona A - Fine. And how are you?
Person B - Doing well.
Person A - Nice weather we're having...

I remember one natural that was part of my extended social circle had went some abandoned/urban ruin spot with his GF.
Him and his girl swore they saw a ghost.
He then retells the same story 10x, to 10 different groups of people. Some of them listened to it again.
He's literally one of the coolest people I've ever met.

Guys that don't go out a lot, don't see these "strange things". Turns out, what is weird/strange, is totally normal.
I've seen guys retell other people's jokes. I've heard tall tales. I've heard a lot of shit talking.

I really feel like it's outsider guys, critics, and newbs that don't truly understand what socialization looks like.
They think people talk like they do in movies and in books. Where every word is has meaning, and people don't talk over each other, and conversational threads don't fall away, or the general chaos of being in that situation.

And if you don't get socialization, understanding pick up (a specialized and more advanced form of socialization) is that much harder.
It can be done, see Tyler and see Todd Valentine, but most guys want to "flow" when it comes to pick up.

If I were to guess, most guys that get into pickup don't like "small talk" and don't like "schmoozing" and don't like "networking"
They find those things to be a chore, and the people who engage in those things to either be dumb or draining to talk to.

But a lot of my game, and I'd say a lot of the game for other guys, is done in the "middle spaces".

Opener
middle space
Transition
middle space
Lock In (Shout out to Glow)
middle space
Attraction Material
middle space
Logistics
middle space
More Attraction material
middle space
Qualification
middle space
She Buys In
middle space
He gives 90% Approval then 10% Withdrawal
middle space
Phase shift

I think the gurus call it "vibing", but it's having a chat with a girl that's flowing, but not going anywhere logically, just emotionally.
And in that "space", it's the pauses, the purposeful making of eye contact, the purposeful emotional reaction, the touches, the "looks", the lean backs...

Those things really do enhance the words, and tend to say more about who you are, or at least round out the picture. But my style is about hitting all of these verbal and nonverbal angles at the same time. Keeping her guessing and off balance, not sure what's gonna happen next is basically being a good social media feed. The emotional spikes should be strong, but intermittent, but also she should have some type of input. There's probably a good bit about dolphin training...

Anytime. Chase and Co have basically kept pick up alive in these dark times where everyone is sending corny Tinder openers or pretending to be Dan Bilzerian on the 'Gram so they can slide into the dm's (barf). I won't even go into how the Red Pill guys have destroyed the idea of "value".

WIA
Also having routines and material already prepared in my head I find does really make it easier to concentrate on the other stuff which plays a far more important role like eye-contact, facial expressions, body language and delivery (tonality) etc. At least in my limited experience that is what I am noticing. When I was being natural, most of my energy was caught up in coming up with things to say that I just did not have enough mental energy left to concentrate on these a lot. I just read this from YaReally's archive:

"Here’s what a Field Report from mid-2005 looked like:

“So I opened the girl with Who Lies More, then she mentions it’s her birthday so I go into Birthday Sex and transition to my stack: Badass Kid, Jealous GF, Best Friends Test and now the sister is laughing her ass off with here so I do Powerpuff Girls and transition to The Cube on the birthday girl–”

Here’s what a Field Report from 2016 looks like:

“So I went up and was like “hey what’s up”, and then it was awkward for a minute, I asked how their night’s going and they said it was their birthday…and then I was like that’s cool so how’s the food here, and then they weren’t really super receptive so I cheersed them and walked away to write this Field Report.”

lol I’m not picking on you specifically, this is most guys who don’t sit down and plan out and practice/rehearse routines (until they get good enough at improv (from going out a ton and being forced to improvise and create common personalized responses to various common situations so they don’t have to think about it consciously))."

Unfortunately I discovered Game in 2016 so I have only been doing what he describes Game has devolved to in 2016 and now looking to add the early stuff which seems like gold to me now.

Yaxir

Space Monkey
space monkey
Haha yeah mate I've been in STEM since early high school. It's a bit of an adaptation to learn to think chaotically if you're used to logical thinking. Loving it though. But thanks the advice is golden
oh i am going to need some help with this Chaotic Thinking concepts

are there any good articles on GC for this ?

I am also from STEM background :)

nice to meet you, Henry

>