FU 
Disastrous dating app date in December

raiden

Space Monkey
space monkey
I went on another dating app date. She's a student in my country from Asia, going for a career in medicine. She said on texts that she likes quiet or peaceful settings so I suggested an art museum that was convenient for both of us to reach (and free) .

When we met I greeted her with the hand clasp and noticed that she felt quite a bit less comfortable with my touch than last week's date. This put me off and I don't think that i managed to pull off the guiding touch or the compliment touch mentioned in Chase's recent article.

We walked to the museum and chit chatted on the way. How long have you been in town, how was your day up until now etc. We got to the museum and went in to see two exhibits. The key thing here is that we didn't talk too much. We just went around looking at the exhibits in silence. But she definitely liked the exhibit. Once in a while she broke the silence by asking my opinion of things or relating it to her experience. On the second exhibit, which was quieter, she was more talkative, telling me how she'd correct the medical type exhibit and telling me about her studies. I told her about my student stuff and how it related to the exhibits too.

Then (after around 45 minutes seeing exhibits) we went to sit down near the cafe and spoke about our lives, religious background and her future aims, and interests. Every time I told her a fact that she found interesting, she looked it up on her cell phone, so she was sincerely interested in at least some of it. I think that I only teased her once the whole time. Also, we were sitting across from each other so not touching. I didnt even ask about her dating history and probably talked too much.

In the end, around 2 hours 15 minutes had elapsed since I said hello and I said that I had better to go to do my last bit of shopping before the holidays. I think that I touched her on the arm to say goodbye and she still didn't feel fully comfortable. She told me to text her and said goodbye. I haven't heard from her again obviously.

Concluding thoughts.
-I was probably in a tough date and should have recognized it when I greeted her. Either my poor fundamentals got me or she was very conservative.
-I actually had enough material and stuff planned to keep the date running for 2 hours, and she was enjoying some of it. But I failed in every way during that time. There was no humor, teasing, touching, flirting or even qualification. I could have been rejected or auto rejected but I don't even know because I didn't try anything.
-I enjoyed the art exhibits too so I'm glad that somebody on here told me to try activity dates rather than beverage dates, so that even if the date is awful, I get some enjoyment from it.
-I'd be interested to know, if it is possible to know, how many minutes in I had completely blown it in this date. I think that it must have been in the first hour.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So did you text her? You said "She told me to text her" and you didn't hear from her again. Did you text her and she didn't respond, or are you expecting her to text you first even though she asked you to text her?

raiden

Space Monkey
space monkey
So did you text her? You said "She told me to text her" and you didn't hear from her again. Did you text her and she didn't respond, or are you expecting her to text you first even though she asked you to text her?
Yep I texted her a generic message saying that it was fun hanging with her. If she wanted to go along with it, she could send a similar message back and then I could at least ask for another meet. But no response so far.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I see... let's see what happens, if she doesn't reply you can still contact her in a couple of days

raiden

Space Monkey
space monkey
I see... let's see what happens, if she doesn't reply you can still contact her in a couple of days
Yes, and I will. But it's a foregone conclusion at this point. I had a date just like this pretty much exactly one year ago, with the woman finding all the stuff that I said interesting, and I never heard from her again after trying like 5 times, not even the polite message thanking me for coming out.

If I had been writing these reports last year, I would have learned that this is not a good way to run a date. With the intellectual or studious women, I guess that I should resist the temptation to talk about intellectual or nerdy topics.

Adventurer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
With the intellectual or studious women, I guess that I should resist the temptation to talk about intellectual or nerdy topics.
This is true and I also made that mistake multiple times 😂 I like those topics but they are terrible for seduction. Religion too for that matter.

I don't think it went so bad, just looks like a normal date to me. If you bounced her to a bench or a café with a couch and started escalating touch, I'm pretty sure you had a chance.

Quick question, did you plan the logistics for the pull ? Even if the date is not going so well, I would still go for it, if only for the reference point.

raiden

Space Monkey
space monkey
This is true and I also made that mistake multiple times 😂 I like those topics but they are terrible for seduction. Religion too for that matter.

I don't think it went so bad, just looks like a normal date to me. If you bounced her to a bench or a café with a couch and started escalating touch, I'm pretty sure you had a chance.

Quick question, did you plan the logistics for the pull ? Even if the date is not going so well, I would still go for it, if only for the reference point.
To me, it's very comparable to the date 1 year ago that resulted in text radio silence for me. So a bad date. And she wasn't comfortable with my touch to begin with so it would have been an uphill battle.

Logistics would have been a 30-40 minutes trip back but the problem is that her home is in the opposite direction. So it's like 1 hour 10 minutes from my area to hers and our meeting point was kind of in the middle. Wouldn't have been easy. But I didn't even seed the pull.

Anyway she responded that she had a nice time too. I'll just do she usual text chitchat and ask to set another meet. Then I'll report back here with any rejection text that I get, or date report if there is another date.

Also, in many Asian countries, isn't it considered standard to wait until marriage?

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@raiden seems like a lack of emotional connection to me.

Every time I told her a fact that she found interesting, she looked it up on her cell phone, so she was sincerely interested in at least some of it.

That's not how women work at all. Her interest in any particular fact does not translate into interest in you - her interest in you is demonstrated by the way she responds to you, right there in front of her.

If she was connecting with you or getting turned on, she would have been looking into your eyes and getting closer to you, not thinking about the actual things you were saying or searching them up on google.

I think that I only teased her once the whole time. Also, we were sitting across from each other so not touching. I didnt even ask about her dating history and probably talked too much.

Seems like you could have followed the script a bit more. In particular:

Use strongly sexy nonverbals to set a sexual tone right from the start.
and
Flirt with/tease her within the first 30 seconds, and every 30-45 seconds after that.

Instead the date became very 'social conversation' and the chemistry faded.

Especially if you aren't great at stimulating her emotions with your general vibe, you'll want to make sure to tease and flirt so that she gets a clear message that you like her more than just as a conversation buddy.

Concluding thoughts.
-I was probably in a tough date and should have recognized it when I greeted her. Either my poor fundamentals got me or she was very conservative.

Not necessarily. Sometimes it can be tough, but more often than not it just looks that way when you aren't following the script.

-I actually had enough material and stuff planned to keep the date running for 2 hours, and she was enjoying some of it. But I failed in every way during that time.

Seduction isn't about material and content, it's about connection and showing sexual intent. That's what you need to focus on. It's clear that you can converse with a girl for many hours, that's not your problem.

Besides, an hours long date is very wearing. I aim for between 45 minutes and 1.5 hours max.

There was no humor, teasing, touching, flirting or even qualification. I could have been rejected or auto rejected but I don't even know because I didn't try anything.

Good, that's what you can change next time. Take chances man, nothing's going to happen just by playing it ultra safe!

-I'd be interested to know, if it is possible to know, how many minutes in I had completely blown it in this date. I think that it must have been in the first hour.

Well, without the emotional connection and sexual intent (using flirting, touch, eye contact etc), it doesn't matter how long the date goes, it's not going to turn into anything sexual.

raiden

Space Monkey
space monkey
Well, everybody, she potentially agreed to another date over text. But neither of us are really available this week so nothing's in the schedule. If I do manage to schedule something, I need to change the title because it evidently wasn't disastrous. Any ideas what kind of venue I should use (I already have info on how to run the date better)? It needs to be quiet and peaceful. I can think of a few places.

raiden

Space Monkey
space monkey
Just an update. I've been ghosted so my initial feeling, that I screwed up the date, was correct. What can I learn from this? Any date that's far from a logistical location is not worth doing, because the date can't contain a bounce request and so will always end up like this one?

Atlas IV

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey, a little late here, but offering my 2c.

What can I learn from this? Any date that's far from a logistical location is not worth doing, because the date can't contain a bounce request and so will always end up like this one?
Did you read @Will_V's reply? What he said is exactly the truth, there wasn't enough emotional connection. Logistics had nothing to do with it, the museum could have been right next your house and she still wouldn't have gone with you in that situation.

I also recommend you learn some sex talk gambits and throw them in to spike interest. If you don't make it clear to her that you are a sexual being, she won't be in the right frame of mind and won't understand what you are about.

>