Do college girls have more realistic standards for looks and fundamentals?

Surveyor

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Various recent sets and SC experiences have made me wonder if college girls have lower, more realistic standards for looks and some (not all) fundamentals.
The reactions and amount of IoIs I get from girls who are in college seem to be noticeably stronger and more positive than random cold approaches, even ones close to my own age. I’m not just talking about girls at my own college, either.
As I’ve said in my journal, I have above average looks, posture, eye contact, clothes etc., but I’m not a 10 or anything. Yet a good amount of these girls treat me like one.

My hypothesis is that being exposed to a social circle like you often find at college gives girls more realistic standards about these things compared to Tinder girls and whatnot, or even regular cold approach women. (Have you seen the sort of dudes who get laid a lot in frats?)

Thoughts?

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Surveyor,

Are these all girls you're meeting through some version of social circle?

e.g., college parties, classes, collegiate events, etc.

Some of the easiest attraction I've gotten was in school, when I was able to have regular social proof going and really good-looking girls regularly reacted around as if I was (like you say) a 10/10. There was a kind of preselection effect too, where some hot girls would treat me like this super attractive guy, then their friends would start to as well, and it just snowballed.

Too bad I didn't know what I was doing then.

Cold approach was like a bucket of cold water thrown on me once I got past the initial buzz of, "Hey, I'm actually talking to women I don't know! How cool!" The next realization was, "These girls treat me super skeptically. This is the opposite of what I'm used to." Had I known how to make social circle work back then, there's no way I'd ever have learned cold approach. Wouldn't have needed to.

If your experience is like mine, I think the difference is trust. In school, you're a fairly known quantity: even if it's her first time seeing/meeting you, she knows you're in school, in the same kind of school she is, so you have similar values, similar goals in life, probably a similar background, similar values, etc. You are "like her." High similarity. You're starting off high trust right off the bat.

I've experienced similar things in invite-only networks. Meeting up with girls on invite-only private networks is very easy, much easier than girls from open-to-all social media. The reason is the same: it's a much higher trust environment and you're assumed to be a known quantity.

When you do cold approach, online dating, public social media networks, etc., you are a stranger who could be anyone, and she assumes none of the "oh he must be just like me" things women do when it's social circle or social circle adjacent.

I don't think it's so much that girls are "less attracted to you" in cold approach, etc., as it is that they are less trusting of you, so are more guarded around you and aren't as explicit in their signs of interest.

Making cold approach work is a lot about figuring out how to make women trust you fairly quickly, putting out a number of high trust signals, without sacrificing excitement, novelty, etc.

Chase

HoofHearted

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Buddy, ya got nothin.

If baggin' em is too emotionally intense for you, just try to kiss a few.

Fuck your 'ioi's and reactions. You dont know anything about these animals until you learn what they will or they won't do.

College girls/women aged 21-26 are an easy demographic, if you're an older man. Not sure what that says about standards.

Surveyor

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Are these all girls you're meeting through some version of social circle?
Not all of them. If I go over to another place to use their library, I get the same reactions. Not as many as in SC but still more than on the street.

There was a kind of preselection effect too, where some hot girls would treat me like this super attractive guy, then their friends would start to as well, and it just snowballed.
I’ve noticed it but it hasn’t snowballed or anything.
Too bad I didn't know what I was doing then.
Neither do I :|
If your experience is like mine, I think the difference is trust. In school, you're a fairly known quantity: even if it's her first time seeing/meeting you, she knows you're in school, in the same kind of school she is, so you have similar values, similar goals in life, probably a similar background, similar values, etc. You are "like her." High similarity. You're starting off high trust right off the bat.
(y)
I've experienced similar things in invite-only networks. Meeting up with girls on invite-only private networks is very easy, much easier than girls from open-to-all social media. The reason is the same: it's a much higher trust environment and you're assumed to be a known quantity.
…interesting…

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Surveyor,

Not all of them. If I go over to another place to use their library, I get the same reactions. Not as many as in SC but still more than on the street.

That is still "I'm in college, you're college-age, you're using the college library, therefore you are almost certainly a college student just like me."

Neither do I :|

Well, now that you know you have that nice little trust boost, why not make some approaches?

I'm not one for regret, but if I could do college over, I'd sure have flirted and tried to close a lot more with the girls while there... :)

Chase

>