Do you guy give your Instagram when meeting a girl or during texting?

razir110

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hi All,

This has been happening a lot lately,

First, when I meet someone cold approach, I always exchange numbers, not IG.

But it does happen that the girl kinda insists that on top of my number I give her my IG. It also happens when I text her to say "nice to meet u, save my number".

Personally, I don't like it, it seems she wants to discover more about me via my IG page. I don't have many friends on my IG and I have some cool travel photos, but I don't have much content..

Plus, I def don't want someone to judge me by some IG page.. On the other hand, I think they think I have a family or something (I don't) and not giving my IG may spook them off.

What do you guy think? Should I just deny to give my IG altogether?

Thanks

rockstar

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
If you have a basic ig with a couple photos that are ok, but don't put a lot of effort in social media then:

1. Don't ask for girls' ig, and don't give yours unless they ask.
2. If they do ask, just say something like: "sure, it's X, but I don't really use ig"

But definitely keep getting numbers

Police dog

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I do. That’s also how I grow followers lol. 80% of my followers are women and many of them are those who I approached/texted/went on a date with who didn’t care to unfollow me lol. It makes sense to have it. Quite often girls will reach for it anyways, I remember when I approached one girl in college, and we went on a date she said that she couldn’t find my insta because it’s under another last name, so she stalked my LinkedIn 😂.

It’s an old and long discussion about should you have social media or not. I believe in these times you should.

My instagram is like my cardio workouts - I keep telling myself to start taking it seriously but never actually do it though…

Yeah, having instagram helps, even though I believe it’s mostly an app for women with some narcissism issues but these days you kinda should have it. We all want to pretend that “I am a mysterious guy without social media etc”, but in reality most people without any social media presence simply don’t have anything in their life that is worth putting on their social media. Even if that’s not the case for you, it makes sense to be more of “normal real person” so to speak. Some women especially young think it’s weird of you don’t have a fucking Snapchat that I legit thought has died around 2016. You don’t have to become an insta whore with millions of highlighted stories, but having a few photos that show you are real normal person helps a lot. Not photos of your dog or car or low quality gym selfie, but like photos with your friends, travels, snowboarding etc. I would also care to expand number of followers, doesn’t have to be 500+, but if you have like 20, it’s a little weird, especially that for many women their followers count is in thousands. At the beginning of interaction it kinda helps make things easier because you don’t want to creep her out, especially if we talk about young girls. Obviously if you target 40+ y.o. milfs it probably won’t become an issue😂

Atlas IV

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Chase just wrote an article about this: https://www.girlschase.com/article/how-tell-girls-you-dont-have-social-media

As he says, it really doesn't make much difference whether you ping her on Instagram, Whatsapp, or whatever other app. If she's going to respond to you, she's going to respond. If she's not, she's not.

I personally try to avoid it. My instagram is a personal space for me, and I'd rather not have all my followers be random girls I may or may not have slept with. Makes me overthink the content I share on it, which I intend for family and friends, not seduction.

>