Facial Expressions: "You've Gotta Be Kidding Me"

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I spent the last week or so focusing on facial expressions. Trying to mold several of them to be used in appropriate situations. As I've been practicing them, the one I call "You've Gotta Be Kidding Me" is probably my favorite by far. I've already used this quite a few times and gotten great results with it.

A slow smile, then gazing off into space. It looks like this:

giphy.gif

This can be used in response to many things, such as:

- Shit Tests
- Arrogance/Bragging/Gloating
- Passive Aggression
- General Insults
- Challenges from other males
- Someone putting you on the spot with a loaded question/other
- And many more

As for when you DON'T want to use it with women, is any of the following:

- Uninformed statements
- Open-ended dialogue (you don't know if it's negative)
- Anything else she does that might make her come off as clumsy or unintelligent.

The reason you don't want to use it in these scenarios, is because it'll just make her feel stupid (it's showing her up, basically) and she'll close herself off from you, emotionally. In those situations you should be helping her out, showing you're on her side, no matter how hard you're laughing inside :p

Anyone else have any good ones they like?

J.J.

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I literally shift back and forth between the facial expression Hector linked and the facial expression JJ linked. Best of both worlds. ;)

- Franco

NarrowJ

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Franco said:
I literally shift back and forth between the facial expression Hector linked and the facial expression JJ linked. Best of both worlds. ;)

I'm working on about 5 or 6 more! I like the one in Hector's image too ;)

J.J.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Ooh, this is a good one! Nice find on that GIF, J.J.

Make sure to reserve it for use as a mild slap on the wrist, though. If you get too comfortable with this reaction, you can end up using it accidentally in slightly incorrect moments (because it's just really fun to use); I kicked this one out on autopilot the other day on a really pretty, charming girl who was trying overhard to get my attention because she wanted to sell me something, for instance, and it ended up resulting in her easing up on her aggressiveness dramatically (what I should've done in that case was look at her, look away, look back at her, smile, and say, "What?" in a playful tone).

Very powerful used appropriately though. I had a natural buddy who used this one all the time; girls ate it up like cookie dough ice cream. It just drips charisma.

Chase

ray_zorse

Modern Human
Modern Human
I agree this is good stuff and I will use it.

I also wanted to share a funny story that happened yesterday.

Coming into the shopping centre with my son I noticed a real cutie. Then I realized she was working at an "island store" and, disappointed, I walked on. However... coming out I notice she is selling wallets and I need a new wallet...
Me: hi there... do you have any slim wallets?
Her: oh yeah this one and this one (sign says 2 for $20)
Me: so how much is it if I just want one wallet, not 2?
Her: (points to another sign) $15
Me: (gives her an evil stare... very frowny and angry... but OTT so I thought she would know I am playing around)
Her: (tripping over her words) $12!!! is it okay?!
Me: haha okay... so anyway as I was walking into the centre I could not help but notice how incredibly cute you are... blah blah blah
This was so funny, just so submissive, I did not expect that reaction... facial expressions are so powerful.

cheers, Ray

>