FR  Finally Took Action! My First Approach

Protean

Space Monkey
space monkey
I fucking did it. My father had an early meeting so I was on campus a little earlier than usual. It’s been rearing to go out since @Tony D 's post the other day. I've waited too long for this.

Saw an artsy girl walking ahead of me. Red hair, pink overcoat with black leggings on this slightly chilly day. She was the one.

I approach from the side and deliver my opener:

Me: “Hey, I’ve just gotta say I love your hair”

She thanks me and we get into a conversation.

Her: Thanks! I just redyed it about a month ago. Last year I decided to style it like this and over the course of a year I let it grow out and just redyed it.

Me: Well it looks great. I’m Protean.

Her: [Name]. So what major are you?

Me: So [Name] what are you up to today?

Her: Just heading to class then going to head back to [Next town over] to see a friend.

The town she’s referring to has a reputation in my area for being home to many spoiled, wealthy kids so I tease her on it, which she takes well.

She then asks me what town in the area I’m from and I tell her right off the bat. Maybe I should have used that as bait? Luckily I get another chance to create some intrigue.

Her: [Name]. So what major are you?

Me: (Flirty smile) Why don't you take a guess?

I have her guess and she actually guesses I’m in the arts. Fashion to be specific. I've considered my style to be solid so I was happy to hear that haha.

Through further conversation I learn she’s in drawing and we have a conversation about the arts where I lament that I wish I was more creative. I definitely went a touch too far on the self deprecating jokes when it came to my art skills. At one point she even said it was just a function of practice which I agreed to and dropped the subject.

Anyways we talk about the arts some more and I think this is where I need to make some heavy changes in my conversation. I'm pretty analytical and always find my conversations reflect that. I was talking with this girl about whether she preferred conventional drawings to digital ones, which she felt was better. Which medium would produce the superior painting if an artist familiar with both painted the same thing. :rolleyes: I was too damn boring lol.

I even noticed this and tried to inject some sensuality by asking her what subjects she liked to paint. I threw in nude portraits in my listing, but she didn't bite.

The convo continues until I need to turn off. I directly asked if she was single and she said she wasn’t. I smiled, thanked her for the conversation, squeezed her shoulder and walked off.

Despite getting nothing I was really proud. Man, I needed this victory. I won over my fear today so that’s why I’m documenting this report. It's also indicative of my general style. I’m pretty low key energy wise and prefer to let the girl do the talking, although I can drive conversations if need be.

From my point of view, I think I’m too friendly. Not nice per se, but I feel I come across as more of a cool guy to be friends with rather than a cool guy to fuck if that makes sense. This is something I need to work on and I'd love to hear suggestions. Once again thank you to @Tony D for giving me the kick in the ass I needed. It’s crazy how much all of your AA melts away when the interaction starts.

Tony D

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
You didn't get nothing... you got valuable experience, momentum and confidence. Don't stop. The technical stuff will only be sorted out when the inner stuff is. Good job bro.

>