Good text message app for Android?

weekendwarrior

Space Monkey
space monkey
I have always had an Android phone and have usually been content with the default text message app on my phones over the years. Lately I've noticed how bad the default app is on my current phone, and how little settings I have available to fix it.

I have tried a couple of apps such as mood, yaata, smart, qmessage, next and textra. So far I prefer smart but MMS messages don't seem to appear even after changing the settings.

I'm wondering if you guys have any preferences/favourites for these apps?

Warrior

William Wallace

Space Monkey
space monkey
I have always had an Android phone and have usually been content with the default text message app on my phones over the years. Lately I've noticed how bad the default app is on my current phone, and how little settings I have available to fix it.

I have tried a couple of apps such as mood, yaata, smart, qmessage, next and textra. So far I prefer smart but MMS messages don't seem to appear even after changing the settings.

I'm wondering if you guys have any preferences/favourites for these apps?

Warrior
Signal, and if your friends get it to its encrypted

weekendwarrior

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi William Wallace, I don't understand your response? If you mean it's lack of signal I'm not receiving the MMS I've already received them. I can see them in the default app but on smart the messages don't even exist.

I've not received one since using smart so I'm unsure if I'm not receiving them entirely if a new one is sent. I can see that the previous MMS exists in mood but I can't see them they fail to download.

Warrior

>