Calls & Texts  How do I keep a phone number from going cold?

Skippy

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
In some cases, I get phone numbers but I'm not able to follow up with them until much later(maybe because I'm out of town or the girl is coming back much later). How do I proceed then?

I'm thinking either pinging them every few weeks or just waiting until it's close to the time I'll be able to see them again and then message them. What about phone calls instead? One particular girl that I met is going to be coming back in march so in 4 months. The interaction seemed really solid and so I feel like there's a good chance of getting her out on a date if I didn't have such a big time delay. If I just wait to message her in march, I'm wondering if she'll go cold by then.

Usually, however, the delay is only 1 week(suppose they're going home for Thanksgiving break). What to do in those instances?

I met her on campus after she walked by me twice and we locked eyes.
I tell her I love her outfit and she stops to talk, I learn that she's just here to visit and check out the school as a prospective student and then she'll try to transfer to my uni. Lots of the students here try to do that. I tease her that she's checking out the campus to see if there are any cute guys. Even though her English isn't that good, the conversation still flows well. I interrupt her once while she's talking to have her show me her earrings and then have her spin around so I can check out her whole outfit. She asks me if I have Instagram and I say I don't but I say I have line(knowing she's Japanese) She also has wechat so she adds me on that. Turns out she took a year of chinese so sometimes when she didn't quite understand what I was saying in english, I'd switch to speaking to her in chinese as a joke, even though it was even harder for her to understand. I suggest she walk around campus with me and she does. Then she wants to check out the student center. so I take her there and tell her I'll catch the bus. And give her a goodbye hug. Throughout our interaction, I'd use a little incidental touch. She seemed very receptive. Here's the thing though. She's leaving tomorrow to go back to japan and tonight she has dinner plans. So logistics weren't good. Also, she will be coming back from march to august to take an English program. And she'll likely stay on.

JacobPalmer

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
In the 4 month one just ping her every few weeks, keep the convo light and fun, go for a phone call sometimes. You want to keep the convo ongoing a bit or she will absolutely forget. But if I'm being honest, her being away for that long she will most likely forget anyway or she'll meet someone new.

If it's a week out, you can text her 1-2 times in between up until the day of the date, where you send the anti-flake text.

Overall, once you know you have time to set a date, build some texting momentum and get her invested, and then go for the ask/set a date.

Tony D

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
If you can get them on Instagram it may be a good way to keep yourself relevant. You just need to post a pic once every few weeks. Other than that, just text once a week or even two to keep yourself in her mind.

>