How will covid change the game?

RustinKohle

Space Monkey
space monkey
I've read many articles from various sources stating social distancing protocols could be in effect until 2021. If this drags on that long, what changes to the game would you expect without large gatherings? Or potential changes beyond the threshold?

The world was headed digital, with bars shut down for a time and day game venues also limited and casual social interaction between strangers deeply frowned upon for the foreseeable future, I'd expect online dating to take a boost. All sorts of pent up quarantine sexuality will most likely be filtered there.

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Unlikely to happen.
That’s just sensationalist journalism.

The contagiousness of corona will drop heavily once the world has built community resistance.

Once this is all over we will probably hear from the media again that we need to do the social distancing during flu seasons but most people will ignore.

jonjames

Space Monkey
space monkey
I saw on television that the virus could create a huge wave of germophobes. People in the future may be more cautious about touching and the like.

Has anyone on the forum been doing day game approaches? I’ve been using online dating. It’s going okay but I miss going out and approaching. I feel like I’m getting more looks than ever. Women seem starved for validation. I always find myself kicking myself for not making approaches.

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Honestly, I put dating in a hiatus.
Right now I am focusing on other importante things I have pending.

I feel that if I go back to online dating, most girls will not want to meet right now and my leads will get cold if I cannot meet them.
So, a possible waste of time.

I’ll be back when all this is over.

RustinKohle

Space Monkey
space monkey
It's not quite sensational journalism when it's not the journalists who are saying it. Regardless whether or not this virus is as deadly as the media would have believe (probably not, but I still think its dangerous enough to implement precautions.)

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2020/04/24/science.abb5793

I could see a huge wave of very germ aware people. I also feel you on the looks from women lately, everyone is lonely. I am also doing a hiatus from dating and getting everything in order so I can be ahead in the post pandemic world

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
i would just keep an eye out for it and work your framing skills around it.

yes some girls will be more fragile on the matter for awhile
just be receptive, pace it, elicit the trueness of it in her, like how she sees it and the strenght of it with her
then reframe indirectly by giving how you feel about it to influence her and poke holes in her thinking
then ignite her to carefree states
ofc depends on the level of anxiety around it in her. but that will vary.

Also use the point that most people really need to blow of steam in the aftermath, more feisty energy will come initially
ais are already flying like crazy everywhere here. this aftermath will automatically make girls more carefree and hungry imo.

Accept and maybe even use it to seed in memes on the sex in corona ways as teevs has suggested somewhere which can provide instant rapport and laughs - disarming. while introducing sex in her minds covertly.

any big movement you wanna reframe to appealing perspectives and stronger perspectives - positive overwrites etc. use its top of mindness.

Last edited:

Slick

Space Monkey
space monkey
With the economy sucking, more and more women will be looking for resources (surprise).

I imagine a lot of people would be out of shape with no gyms open

It would be pretty funny if guys started gaming with masks on.

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I'm thinking at the macro levels. There's basically 5-6 game "arenas"

Quick Summary

1. Night Game - expect less venues to survive, more festivals, and girls that go out to be a bit more adventurous.

2. Day Game - Schools and Businesses that normally have people, will have less. So Day Game opportunities will plummet. Additionally, risk aversion may increase.

3. Dating Sites and Social Media - Has been on a general increase. Veterans need to learn the new ways and change some of their thinking to get initial meets, but can go back to the norm when she shows up. Rookies need to learn offline game to close their online meets.

4. Social Circle Game - Will become more useful, especially when augmented with social media. But pump and dump/splash and dash, which is always a bad idea, will be punished more.

5. Passport Game (which might not mean anything to the European guys on the forum) - Less opportunity to travel, more aversion, but those that do travel will probably get greater reception because of rarity. Basically a reset to the 90's.

My extended thoughts on the matter, if you're bored.

Night Game - I expect a lot of clubs, bars, hotel bars/clubs, restaurant bars - did not survive the shut down, and a many more don't have the type of money to handle months/years of less business. As profitable as many of these places were back in the day, commercial land lords have raised rent or they have sold to condo developers. The virus is going to accelerate this trend. So even less venues.

The girls that go out to night clubs and bars at this point - there's some additional risk associated with them - the fact that they go out suggests that they're more risk tolerant. That was the silent case before. Church girls usually stayed home, party girls went out. Same level of risk aversion, but for a time,less girls.

I do expect the "sausage" fest factor to increase. Cause it's clear that guys will basically do anything to meet women (anything but actually improve themselves conventionally or learning pick up). More "furniture" that I have to move past in order to talk to a nice woman.

That said - A lot of us have been dealing with the overall slide in number of night life venues for years now. Personally, i've been doing more "happy hour" and social circle things - but that goes with age, imo. But I still love the life of a club.

"Events" play a much bigger role in pulling.

Things like Coachella or any sort of Festival are much more common than they used to be (remember when Lollapalooza was special?) - and they bring in lots of girls who don't do the night life. I've always thought of Festival game as a subset of "concert game" which was a subset of night game.

Guys that are good at courting attention, group game, solving logistical problems, social proof, and pres-selection thrive in the festival/event environment. Remember IVL's, in venue lays, much more common when everyone's drunk and high - because a lot of people have blankets and tents.

For those of us who prefer a more controlled environment, "afterparty" is the magic word here.

Day Game - One of the selling points of day game is that bitch shields are lower, because the girl isn't in her "war paint". I've never found that to be the case. I'm guessing the guys writing ad copy didn't grow up in truly dense cities. But that's a debate for another time. Just note, i've never been bullish on Day Game, so take what I say hear with a huge boulder of salt.

My questions?

• Will girls be more risk averse?
  • Will there be less girls going out and about?
  • Will we get fooled by the "pretty" girl in a mask?

I think the future of day game is up in the air. Offline game is still more powerful than online game, but the macro trend is moving towards online being the primary source, though many women lament on not being talked to in person.

The online scuttlebutt about girls being bored in the house, suggests that some girls sitting alone in their rooms, have realized the need for male company, not just attention.

I wouldn't bet on that. I will probably craft my date offerings to take advantage of girls needing to go out, if I notice the girl is particularly stifled.

Online Game - Dating Apps and Social Media

A lot of different minds are hacking online dating as a whole, and all of us will eventually have to adapt. In my view, OLD is much more marketing/advertising and taking advantage of internet thinking than in person game is. Instead of calibration in the moment like offline game, the online substitute is volume with only some measure of personalization.

The question remains, will girls turn to Tinder and Instagram DM's to meet guys over the people they encounter offline?

That gets back to why people are interacting in public in general.

If I go back to working downtown, am I going to run into nice young ladies by chance, like I do now?
My job is increasingly looking like remote work might be permanent. All of the latest listings are saying that the positions are remote.

If the corporate overlords realize that 1) remote is working, 2) they can save money by reducing their office space - they will do so. And I wouldn't doubt that wages will decrease in my industry and many others because the pool of workers has increased to the globe, not just the city. I might be in a position where it makes sense to move to the burbs, rather than stay in the city if my compensation changes. And game in the suburbs....argh.

With college - I personally don't find distance learning to be great - some of these smaller schools that had to send people home - and now those students are learning online - the idea of a "school" is diminished. I expect more people doing online degrees, and eventually the businesses will have to take them.

So we might be seeing less and less places where people gather. Public gatherings to do important functions won't disappear entirely. Less folks on the train, at offices, in schools - the tide is going out and exposing hazards that we didn't see.

So at the macro level, there's this push into online and push away from offline.

What more online dates means?

That said, getting the girl to come meet you someplace, to come straight to your house, still has offline hurdles to jump.

If I meet a girl offline, take her number, and then get a date letter - there's some initial attraction and trust, and there's a residual of that during the date. I just blow a bit on the ember and it turns into a fire. I'd say most of us "close" on the first date, and definitely by the 3rd.

When you meet a girl online, she liked your pictures and texts - but does she like "you"?

Again, a veteran PUA can run his sequence and make the connection in person - and the things that attracted her online may or may not be the things that attract her offline. And in many ways, offline behavior is way more engaging than online behavior.

The rookie? He had a much better chance of making the connect offline. Online to meet? He now has to pass her "smell test". And her basis of comparison was the guy online (which exists in her mind) and the guy in person. Without that offline experience of connecting with girls, the Rookie has to now "learn on the fly", and exhibit offline behaviors that get the girl engaged. Cool multi-millionaire travel guy on the 'Gram (which attracts girls) now has portray that expected lifestyle to the girl while they sip lattes at Starbucks.

Obviously this issue of expectation vs reality happens with guys that don't do pickup at all. But it's an area of improvement for the average Keyshawn and Dre.

Social Circle

I think a lot of PUAs back in the day, created new social circles from meeting girls and guys in the night life. They had their family and friends from school/work, and girls met through those sources. But the girls that they dated/friends met via pickup - didn't often mix with their original social circles. Unless that girl became your actual GF/Mono/LTR.

For me at least, there was only the occasional mixing of the worlds. To this day, my family thinks i've only had 5 gf's in my life. They're always trying to give me advice.

I digress.

Right now, I'm seeing a lot of people getting closer to friends and family. I don't know how long this degree of F&F is going to last, but it will be higher than it was before.

So for a time, making connects via friends and family will be better than before. But since the meets have more social connection - the risk of blowback is higher. Setting up two friends is not about hook ups, but about traditional LTR's, imo.

To engage in this opportunity, I think is a personal decision. There are probably techniques to use to minimize damage, I don't like to add additional risk.

Passport Game

It's funny, but meeting girls in new lands has been a part of the PUA community since the beginning. The community has been global, and a lot of the Asian and European contingent is very familiar with dealing with girls from different cultures.

The Anglosphere part of the community (US, UK, Canada, AUS, NZ) is generally less cosmopolitan. So the idea of traveling to Portugal, Malaysia in order to meet girls like you would meet them at home was a bit foreign. The English Speaking community has basically come around on this. Just having a structured approach and lowered Approach Anxiety has been a boon for guys that don't want to really learn.

I know I just get a lot better reception to girls in Brazil, than Brazilian girls in the US. Clearly it's because i'm so handsome (lol)

But taking advantage of being either a rich Westerner (developing world) or an exotic (first world) is a big part of Passport game. I see this in the States. A girl in the appropriate age range, (25-40 for me, maybe 18-22 for you) gets so many "points" if she has a nice accent. Many a London girl has gotten my attention by saying "tea". Whereas with no accent, I'd be less enamored.

And reducing your game to the nonverbal aspects because of cultural/language limitations, actually makes your game better at home. There's a natural sort of interaction between man and woman that gets uncovered when you can't speak the language.

I think that in the coming months, Covid will enhance the extremes of this for guys that travel. Those averse to foreigners will increase, and those that welcome will increase.

So the passport player, the balance has always been, are the highs worth the lows? Is the affection from this girl in Mexico City or Manila worth the headaches of being with her? (and learning her language, usually means she has additional thoughts to express to you - positive and negative - which affects you positive and negative)

Those are my general thoughts.

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
I think just like anything once this blows over (whether sooner or later) you might see a few societal changes but once the smoke clears people are going to go back to living normal lives and even the newfound germophobes will get tired of all the extra work and go back to normal.

This isn't the first pandemic in history. Things didn't change then, they'll go back to normal again.

As much as people are worried from the hype we're all intensely social creatures and crave social proximity. Sure emotions are heightened now but emotions change and eventually will go back to normal once preoccupied with normal problems.

The main thing to be ready for is the party of the century when things reopen. It's gonna be so sick. Just like when the boys came back from WW2 and birthrate soared skyhigh you're going to see a similar amount of sexual mayhem when things are finally reopened.

Don't miss out ;)

RustinKohle

Space Monkey
space monkey
The potential hits to day game are what I am most concerned about, I love festivals but have always been waaayyyy to fucked up to game, also always gone with friends so I'd rather see the people i love and dont get to as often than try to blast through the walls girls throw up (rightfully so, creeps and terrible game galore there). Ive never heard of traveling to pickup referred to as passport game, but this is an area i want to explore. Banging a beauty from a different continent is probably top 5 on the bucket list.

Im definitely looking forward to the post quarantine party, getting all the ducks in a row so I can indulge shamelessly :)

At the end of the day, I agree with Mr. Rob, people are people, and NEED social interaction. Social distancing parameters would be ignored if they went into even this summer, Ill be damned if we lose 2 sundress seasons :mad:

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I agree with @Mr.Rob . I feel a lot of people are overestimating the effect this will have in the future.
Long term, everything will just go back to normal.

RustinKohle

Space Monkey
space monkey
I agree with @Mr.Rob . I feel a lot of people are overestimating the effect this will have in the future.
Long term, everything will just go back to normal.
There are things i hope do not go back to normal. I live in the U.S. and hope we use this as an opportunity to improve some things, but for dating, the effects will mostly be short term. I would be interested to read about the influenza pandemic and what role it played in the roaring 20's and we ironically enter the 2020's.

MuST0BtA1NSkR1Lla

Modern Human
Modern Human
I’m going to copy and paste what I think from another thread then add in some additionals

I think we will get longer vacations, because travelin will require a fourteen day quarantine *[seven in country travelling too, seven when returning]

I want to say once quarantine is lifted women will be sluttier then ever

Pre twenties will be more interested in money, because jobs are going to be even more scarce, and a gigantic portion of people are going to go poor and into default

Movie stars and new songs will be quirky weird people, new trend amongst youthswill be quirks *[Like my Hero Academia style] *[Travis Scott Fortnite concert]

And these are my one week later trends.

- Economy is essentially in such a destroyed state at the moment that going out isn’t going back to normal for another two years. Clubs and Small Businesses without a doubt did not survive being shuttered for multiple months *(Atleast in Canada) I expect with all the line ups for service we’ve been seeing these last 2 months that line ups are going to be even busier

- This summer for advertised events is going to be very quiet, I can see some sort of underground event culture where you do stuff more in the wild becoming a trend. *[The laws on events and capacity is going to be reviewed

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
I have long read that remote work was on its way to becoming the norm and COVID just sped all that up. As a result of this, I think what happened is that people who originally moved to big cities for work now decided that they could be happier in a smaller city since lower cost of living. I have also heard of remote work groups where you can almost rent a place with others who work remote and travel with them, neat idea to look into. The possibility of people moving en-masse from expensive big cities to smaller town is there, the question becomes, how do you track the talent for us who are into game?

Does that same 21 year old girl in her prime finishing school still want to go to an NYC after college still to live the high life or has that high life almost been replaced with something else?

One MAJOR shift I saw happening is away from materialism and more towards experiences.

While the older generation valued fancy cars and toys, the newer generation valued fancy experiences worth Instagramming about. My thoughts are that while we are in a state of transition, people might legitimately take pride in online video interactions and funny experiences there. Smaller gatherings in watering hole spots will become more of a thing as opposed to packed nightclubs.

Online dating will take off but I think it will evolve even beyond the Bumble and Tinder and Hinge, you'll have newer more innovative players coming into the market.

I think friendship and community apps centered online will become more of a thing to bring people together and more people will meet this way.

Big picture? Game with TRUST.

I think that over the years, society went from being very trusting and open to now being more paranoid of outsiders. You saw it with the refugee crisis and even with more nationalistic leaders coming to power. People are growing inwards not just towards family but losing their trust of the different.

While club game of pulling was more normal back in the day, now women almost prefer a guy who they can trust to some degree but are still attracted to. Might not be too close to home always like social circle but a guy who creates that sense of arousal yet security in them. In my view, we are going to move more towards that kind of a trend as opposed to just cold approaching out of the blue and somehow getting closes. While there will always be a place for those guys to get laid, I think the guys who thrive will be able to have cold approach as a supplement than a sole tool.

RustinKohle

Space Monkey
space monkey
Alot of good answers in this thread. This is why I keep coming here to the GC community. Lots of different yet still informed opinions

>