FR  Instant Date with Jet-lagged Brazilian

Skippy

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Meet
I noticed she was wearing a black leather jacket with a black floral top underneath and black suede boots and black earrings. I thought it went well together and she also had long black flowing hair. I think I was also pretty warmed up because she was the 5th approach of the day. I opened her with some sort of compliment on the black color coordination. I guess she's Argentinian but it turns out she's Brazilian so I joke that's the worst thing I could've guessed then. She asks me where I'm from and I have her take a guess.

Me: You're just looking around starry-eyed, I suppose you're a tourist?
Her: haha yes. I used to live here before though
Me: Oh so it's not completely new to you.
Her: No
Me: but you're probably looking back and reminiscing on all the fond memories...
Her: yes
Me:...walking arm by arm with your past lovers...late at night...on the streets here
Her: Yes hahaha
Her: I guess
Me: nice. So you live in brazil now?

I learn she's moving back here and she's going to take some english classes. She just landed in the US at 6am and she hasn't slept since her flight. To get more compliance, I have her show me her black earrings because they looked really interesting and I have her push her hair to the side so I can see them better. (Since we're walking side by side this works better than asking them to turn their head)

We walk around some more. I'm just doing incidental touch to lead her. I'm mostly carrying the conversation because her english isn't great but when there's too long of a silence, she pipes up and asks occasional questions and comments about the nearby shops. She wants to see the nearby FXXI so we go to the mall area. Then I take her to this japanese exhibit and we check that out. She excitedly tells me about the trees and how if you look at the cross-section you can tell it's age because "one line one year". So I point to my forehead and jokingly say "yes, one line, one year" "humans aren't trees" she laughs.

Bouncing to grab dinner
We go to a nearby burger joint and talk about traveling. Then I ask her if she's following what's going on in hong kong, the flu, how I used to be open to moving to china, in order to transition to talking about the social credit system and finally to transition to talking about black mirror(I wanted to talk about black mirror to plant a seed for pulling later). We talk about what we like to do with our friends when we have free time. She mentions they'd go to vegas during the weekend but mostly study all week. Then she asks if my place is near. I say yea, just 20/15 min away. It's pretty close by. She asks "by car?" I say no by subway. (we're not done with dinner yet, but maybe this was an escalation window. Should I have immediately suggested we go back to my place to hangout, watch black mirror? I thought it would be too obvious so I didn't want to pounce on it just then. )

So I talk about my district and how it's really good with public transport. Then she mentions she eats so slow. and I say how I'm known as the "furnace" amongst my family. We talk about cooking and I ask her what she likes to cook, and she asks me as well. We talk about cooking shows. I mention how I like to cook, but also I have to cook for myself anyway. Then she asks me if I live alone. So I say yea, and after a couple seconds ask her about her living situation, whether she has roommates or whether she gets her own room. (She lives with 4 other brazilians). About 10 minutes later, we finish up dinner and we're walking outside.

Post Dinner Pull Attempt(A little over 1 hr after meeting)
Me: You're not super busy today are you?
Her: No, I have to sleep early though because I'm jetlagged
Me: You want to keep hanging out until you get sleepy? Or we can watch some black mirror
Her: haha
Me: or drink some coronas
Her: No

So we keep walking and as we pass by the metro stop, I ask her if she wants to come check out my district but she's too tired because she hasn't slept since the plane at 6am. So I relate to her that I was in a similar situation when I was traveling and had a layover in london. (I didn't want to pull to her place because she still has roommates and that might trigger her ASD).

Bouncing to Another Store

We go check out a big department store, because she wanted to see it. She tells me she still misses brazil a little bit and she feels strange in this country so I relate to her that I always feel that way the week after I come back from visiting home, and I talk about that post-trip nostalgia. This seems to click well with her. Now she's starting to be more talkative, and even banters around more(there was always the language barrier though). Then we leave and I suggest sometime we can grab drinks in my part of the city. She says she hopes by that time her english is good enough that we can talk even more. She asks me what my plans are for tomorrow and so I tell her I just have class in the morning and that's it. She's going out with her roommates though and the rest of the week, another friend is visiting her. We stop at the corner to chat a little more about how she feels very safe in the US despite what her friends from HK tell her and that Brazil is even more unsafe. She tells me a story about how she got robbed once. Then I ask her if she knows how to get back and she does, so we hug goodbye, and she thanks me for the date. This was about 2hrs long in total.

It seems I'll only be able to schedule another date with her after this week because her friend is visiting her. I'm not sure how I should've restructured my pull attempt because she was in zombie mode from the flight, so that caused some resistance. Maybe I should've tried pulling even before dinner? But she would've gotten hungry anyway because she didn't have lunch. Anyways, I'll think about how to follow up with her. Perhaps I'll text her in about 3-4 days.

Thanks for reading guys, your thoughts are much appreciated!

>