Micheal B Jordan & Lori Harvey Breakup Dynamic

TomInHo

Modern Human
Modern Human
Not sure how plugged in some of you guys are into celebrity relationships and breakups, but I thought this was very interesting and could be educational for relationship dynamics

Screen-Shot-2022-06-16-at-8-49-09-PM.png

This couple Michael B. (35yo) and Lori H. (25yo) have been together for about a year and recently split because Michael wanted to get married while Lori wanted to stay single and play the field

It's been very popular in the media with people saying that Lori is a moron for not securing a man that is higher status, but it goes on to prove that people are still clueless about how women pick their mates

IMO their relationship did not work for a few reasons, that i feel we can all learn from and avoid

1. Poor Mate Selection

Lori H. had a reputation for being a social climber and party girl before she met Michael. And I think we all know by now that party girls do not make the best long term mates. So it's kinda crazy that he even took her seriously as a prospect for marriage.. but heh to each their own I guess

2. Showed Her Off Too Soon

I'm a big believer in starting relationships as low key and chill as possible. And with Lori having a history for being a social climber, it would have been smarter for Michael to have hidden their love affair from the public eye.

This may have allowed Lori to attach her romantic feeling towards Michael the man and not the status symbol, and would have also given him leverage in the relationship.

Because women want what they can't have, and if she really was with him for status, she either would have bailed early giving him more mental space to pursue a better candidate, or would have forced her to invest more into him in order to get access to his status. Hence giving him more relationship power

3. He Over Invested

Throughout their love affair this man was seen doting over Lori on social media. He was always looking for ways to display his love while she was seen barely lifting a finger.

I notice guys tend to make this mistake a lot when they are really attracted to a woman. They give, give and give to show the woman how much they care, thinking that it will raise her attraction when in reality it does the exact opposite

Because women will always fall for men they don't have full control over. And when you over invest you rob women from feeling like they have to work to win over your. Especially with extremely beautiful women that have loads of options, they have a hard time falling in love in relationships they don't have to work for

4. He Was Not A Challenge

This is similar to the previous point, Michael did not know how to keep Lori engaged emotionally. At the end of everything she was just plain bored. He was just another guy that was willing to do anything to be with her

And as a woman that's an obvious status chaser this was the nail in the coffin. These types of women do not love relationships, they love the chase.

They never want a man that fully loves them. They still need love and affection, but are most satisfied when they have to work for every ounce of love from their man. And with Michael giving her the world in just 1 year, this gave Lori very little to work towards

Obviously there is also more than meets the eye when it comes to their relationship demise and we'll never know the full story. But those are some of the main reasons that popped in my head and I'm curious to hear some of your thoughts

Last edited:

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Fun post because I actually like Micheal B Jordan , at least in his movies. Not very much tuned into celebrity gossip.

He was just another guy that was willing to do anything to be with her
I really don't get this mentality as well... Especially when you are a superstar like Micheal, in Creed I he was badass.

Obviously there is also more than meets the eye when it comes to their relationship demise and we'll never know the full story. But those are some of the main reasons that popped in my head and I'm curious to hear some of your thoughts
I agree with you about the party girl dynamic, I think most of us do. Usually it is discernable when a girl is a status hound... I tend to avoid these broads because they come across as very inauthentic. I have always cared about something being authentic, especially with long term bonds.

They still need love and affection, but are most satisfied when they have to work for every ounce of love from their man.
Good old investment, agreed. Goes for men and women.

Lori H. had a reputation for being a social climber and party girl before she met Michael.
He probably fell for her because of "hot girl" cues... With hot girl I mean, hot girl as in the "You're passing up the hottest, coolest girls" article by Chase.

It's been very popular in the media with people saying that Lori is a moron for not securing a man that is higher status
Not very tuned into this , but perhaps she already has achieved her goal and is already in touch with other dudes from those social circles?

it would have been smarter for Michael to have hidden their love affair from the public eye.
Could be she finickled him into putting her into the public eye. A nudge here, a nudge there.. LMS guy doesn't know what is happening around him, right?

Cool post

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Good post @TomInHo

These celebrity examples really show the importance of game. This guy has it all and she still feels like something is "missing".

She did him a favour, better now than a messy divorce in a few years time.

Also interesting to observe the types of guys who keep their (more often than not higher status) girls around...

Like an Asap Rocky (who has great frame control) and Rhianna or a Megan Fox and MGK (who's probably gives her emotional spikes she needs)

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Good post @TomInHo

These celebrity examples really show the importance of game. This guy has it all and she still feels like something is "missing".

Also interesting to observe the types of guys who keep their (more often than not higher status) girls around...

Like an Asap Rocky (who has great frame control) and Rhianna or a Megan Fox and MGK (who's probably gives her emotional spikes she needs)
do you have examples of Asaps frame control?

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Example of lazy game leading with status and maybe money... main mistake is him pushing for marriage which put him in the feminine role... women should be the ones pushing for marriage... buttom line despite everything going for him such as looks status money, he is somewhat needy which killls attraction

TomInHo

Modern Human
Modern Human
I really don't get this mentality as well... Especially when you are a superstar like Micheal, in Creed I he was badass.

Right! It's so strange how a lot of men can be badass with their careers but softer than a gummi bear in their relationships

Not very tuned into this , but perhaps she already has achieved her goal and is already in touch with other dudes from those social circles?

She got the clout, gifts, a few trips, lots of brand new social/business connections and is now ready to bounce on another man's salami... well played Lori

Could be she finickled him into putting her into the public eye. A nudge here, a nudge there.. LMS guy doesn't know what is happening around him, right?

But that's what women do. They probe and push for more closeness to invade our spaces, but it's our job to put the brakes on that behavior and create some barriers

It's funny because women are more attracted to you, when block off certain parts of your life from them... they need to feel that strength and the most powerful word you can say to a woman in a relationship to turn her on is the word.... NO

Agreed, the man is blessed. Some women would have said yes to the proposal and continued fucking bad boys behind their hubbies back. So at least she was honest

Example of lazy game leading with status and maybe money... main mistake is him pushing for marriage which put him in the feminine role... women should be the ones pushing for marriage... buttom line despite everything going for him such as looks status money, he is somewhat needy which killls attraction

So true. LMS can captivate women in the short term but it's not enough for long term attraction

Last edited:

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Right! It's so strange how a lot of men can be badass with their careers but softer than a gummi bear in their relationships

Scarcity mentality… at least in some form.

Perhaps he feels he cannot find girls of her level and he needs to cling to this one.
Ironic since “her level” is highly subjective and common if you know how and where to look.

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
They must get very involved in the status game. A lot of these girls aren't even particularly hot, seems like the kind of situation Chase has talked about at clubs where you have the girls guys pine after because they are the 'club stars', all made up and high-status, and then there are very hot girls who just dress and come across fairly normal, that they aren't all that interested in.

A lot of these women being dated at the top level, without makeup, would look very ordinary at best and probably worse. And they'd be hell to deal with. So these guys must be desperate for the status boost.

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I believe the main reason why relationships end in flaming train crash scenarios with burned bodies all over the place is people's traumas.

E.g.: during a little insignificant argument about a trivial matter, you say something to her that is on its own perfectly innocent. But her dad used the same tone of voice when he scolded her at age 7. Or her ex-boy-friend used a similar wording when she caught him cheating on her. She processes this below the level of her conscious awareness, i.e. she doesn't even realize this is happening.

But through no fault of your own (or hers), her subconscious mind now associates you with "pain" and "bad man" and it escalates from there. These things start small but gradually spiral higher and higher. And it goes both ways: she triggers your subconscious traumas, too. This dynamic explains how people go from "we don't need a prenup, the world has never seen a love like ours" to "I wish murder was legal" in a few short years.

If I ever get married, she would have to be a girl who has very few traumas and/or done a boat load of inner healing work. And yeah... most of these superficial celebs who only care about looks, fame, money, status, probably don't exactly fit that bill...

Personally I've derived the most benefit from Ayahuasca and Vipassana meditation when it comes to these things, and I highly recommend both (with one caveat: you have to be very selective with Ayahuasca facilitators, it's basically like choosing a brain surgeon).

-Karea Ricardus.

Last edited:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

She got the clout, gifts, a few trips, lots of brand new social/business connections and is now ready to bounce on another man's salami... well played Lori

But that's what women do. They probe and push for more closeness to invade our spaces, but it's our job to put the brakes on that behavior and create some barriers

It's funny because women are more attracted to you, when block off certain parts of your life from them... they need to feel that strength and the most powerful word you can say to a woman in a relationship to turn her on is the word.... NO

Agreed, the man is blessed. Some women would have said yes to the proposal and continued fucking bad boys behind their hubbies back. So at least she was honest

So true. LMS can captivate women in the short term but it's not enough for long term attraction
Yeah but again the main take away is that his fundamentals in relationship game are fucked here again basics on how a seducer properly goes into a main relationship:

- you are dating and sleeping with multiple women.

- one stands out, you catch feeling or is harder to lock in even as seducer you may get a mild onitis, but you are able to navigate and deal with this properly.

- hopefully that special girl now gets invested

- as she gets invested little by little you start dropping some girls cause she is inderectly asking to be main.

- after 3 to 6 months you have enough inteligence and screening and you.make her main or ltr.

- she inderectly pushes for moving in, engagement marriage, kids and the rest.

That is not how this dude jhonny deph, and a bunch of others do it, even a bunch of dudes in the forum or community including gurus... pob, topcat, me get this right...even @Beam did it kind of right with his now main.

Pushing a girl to ltr, marriage exclusivity puts you on a feminine role will cause her to over screen, and panic i call it committment asd.

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I believe the main reason why relationships end in flaming train crash scenarios with burned bodies all over the place is people's traumas.
Aside from Micheal B. Jordan.. I actually agree with you. Have seen this happen a lot.

TomInHo

Modern Human
Modern Human
Yeah but again the main take away is that his fundamentals in relationship game are fucked here again basics on how a seducer properly goes into a main relationship:

- you are dating and sleeping with multiple women.

- one stands out, you catch feeling or is harder to lock in even as seducer you may get a mild onitis, but you are able to navigate and deal with this properly.

- hopefully that special girl now gets invested

- as she gets invested little by little you start dropping some girls cause she is inderectly asking to be main.

- after 3 to 6 months you have enough inteligence and screening and you.make her main or ltr.

- she inderectly pushes for moving in, engagement marriage, kids and the rest.

That is not how this dude jhonny deph, and a bunch of others do it, even a bunch of dudes in the forum or community including gurus... pob, topcat, me get this right...even @Beam did it kind of right with his now main.

Pushing a girl to ltr, marriage exclusivity puts you on a feminine role will cause her to over screen, and panic i call it committment asd.

I agree 100%

This is the best way to get a girlfriend/wife

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Personally I've derived the most benefit from Ayahuasca and Vipassana meditation when it comes to these things, and I highly recommend both (with one caveat: you have to be very selective with Ayahuasca facilitators, it's basically like choosing a brain surgeon).

-Karea Ricardus.
As someone who hopes to get into Ayahuasca in the next few years, do you have any tips you could start a separate thread about? (so that this one doesn't get derailed)

Since it's a few years off for me I haven't done much research on it yet. But I'd still love to hear your thoughts as someone who has done it!

Thought I've never heard of Vipassana before, cool name though

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Are you flooded in your DMs?

I read your post. Might send you something next year when I gained mainstream attention.

On trauma, and doing healing work.
I don't wanna derail the thread, so I'll PM you :)

>