Online & Apps  Need Some Advice

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I have a few questions about having success on dating apps.

1. I used different apps before, and have gotten many matches with attractive women. Some apps had way more than others.

I took a break from apps and since I’ve signed back on, I barely getting any matches, and it’s mind boggling.

I used the same pics and everything from when I was getting many matches.

I’ve even asked girls what they thought of my pics and they all told me they liked them and that’s why we matched.

Anyway, this has been going on for some time, so I decided to keep deleting the apps after a week, and even used different information while signing up.

My question is: WTF is going on and what can I do to get the matches I once had?

2. A huge majority of my matches are Black Women, I’m fine with that, but not being able to get all different races of women bothers me.

I can get a few, but you can tell they like Black Men specifically.

So I want to be able to match with all women.

I have no idea where to start though? Should I dress more professional or what?

I summed it up that they aren’t looking for Black Men, which is whatever, but I still would like to see if I can succeed.

3. What would be the best age range for a man to get the most matches?

I’m thinking it would probably be mid-20s, but I’d like to know if that’s true.

4. Should I lie about my age? So I’m at the point now where girls my age to even younger want to claim they want a man to settle down with.

It’s getting redundant, so I figure why not go for younger women? Then I think, what if younger women can’t find me because of their search preferences? Maybe I need to be younger.

I wonder if I do lie, will previous girls that I have matched before see this.

That’s it.

All advice appreciated.

Last edited:

Smiling_Stray

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
My question is: WTF is going on and what can I do to get the matches I once had?

Well, stop deleting your account :p no really, it could be that you're not as active as you were at first (Kinda like getting tired of a new toy, I know this is usually the case for me anyway). From what I noticed, the more active you are (either logging in or messaging/ matching. Depends on the app) the more your profile is going to be shown.

2. A huge majority of my matches are Black Women, I’m fine with that, but not being able to get all different races of women bothers me.

I can get a few, but you can tell they like Black Men specifically.

So I want to be able to match with all women.

I have no idea where to start though? Should I dress more professional or what?

I summed it up that they aren’t looking for Black Men, which is whatever, but I still would like to see if I can succeed.

Yeah, not sure what's going on there. Wish I could tell ya that one :p

3. What would be the best age range for a man to get the most matches?

I’m thinking it would probably be mid-20s, but I’d like to know if that’s true.

From what I've found as a 20 year old guy, yeah, most are usually in their mid 20's. Most above that are looking for something serious or are just getting out of a relationship. If you want to get the most matches, just set the range as far as you're willing to go. Don't overthink it.
4. Should I lie about my age? So I’m at the point now where girls my age to even younger want to claim they want a man to settle down with.

It’s getting redundant, so I figure why not go for younger women? Then I think, what if younger women can’t find me because of their search preferences? Maybe I need to be younger.

I wonder if I do lie, will previous girls that I have matched before see this.

Guessing you're not in your 20s :p No worries, women tend to dig older guys too. We have like the opposite problem of women when it comes to age, the older we get the more attractive we get (I forget which article I read that in). There's really no reason to lie about your age (she's gonna find out eventually anyway) but you're saying you want to change it to avoid a filter? I wouldn't recommend it, changing an age filter is easy enough for most women to figure out :p and if they're looking for an older guy they'll do it (which would probably be more often than not ;) )

Also yes, anyone you're currently matched with and am able to message will usually be able to see your profile change.

Hope I was able to help somewhat, just don't depend on online game too much. Go out and run game irl when you can. Just be careful out there now days (that goes for all ages) ;)

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Well, stop deleting your account :p no really, it could be that you're not as active as you were at first (Kinda like getting tired of a new toy, I know this is usually the case for me anyway). From what I noticed, the more active you are (either logging in or messaging/ matching. Depends on the app) the more your profile is going to be shown.

Yeah, not sure what's going on there. Wish I could tell ya that one :p

From what I've found as a 20 year old guy, yeah, most are usually in their mid 20's. Most above that are looking for something serious or are just getting out of a relationship. If you want to get the most matches, just set the range as far as you're willing to go. Don't overthink it.

Guessing you're not in your 20s :p No worries, women tend to dig older guys too. We have like the opposite problem of women when it comes to age, the older we get the more attractive we get (I forget which article I read that in). There's really no reason to lie about your age (she's gonna find out eventually anyway) but you're saying you want to change it to avoid a filter? I wouldn't recommend it, changing an age filter is easy enough for most women to figure out :p and if they're looking for an older guy they'll do it (which would probably be more often than not ;) )

Also yes, anyone you're currently matched with and am able to message will usually be able to see your profile change.

Hope I was able to help somewhat, just don't depend on online game too much. Go out and run game irl when you can. Just be careful out there now days (that goes for all ages) ;)
Appreciate the detailed response. Thank you bro.

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
1. I used different apps before, and have gotten many matches with attractive women. Some apps had way more than others.

I took a break from apps and since I’ve signed back on, I barely getting any matches, and it’s mind boggling.

Which apps were you using before and which apps are you using now?
What year were you last getting lots of matches?
What age was your profile set to when you had lots of matches?

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Which apps were you using before and which apps are you using now?
What year were you last getting lots of matches?
What age was your profile set to when you had lots of matches?
I was using them all; tinder, bumble, hinge, etc.

I was getting them all last year, and I haven’t changed anything in my profile at all, not even my pics.

You got any tips?

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I was using them all; tinder, bumble, hinge, etc.

I was getting them all last year, and I haven’t changed anything in my profile at all, not even my pics.

You got any tips?

I might not be up to date with all the current apps/websites for dating. So tinder, bumble, hinge, what are the other ones? I might like to try other ones myself :)

If everything was good last year and now a year later with the same age and photos and profile, its yeah a bit strange that its not getting matches like last time. What age have you put in your profile on the app?

Did you reactivate your old account on the apps, or did you make brand new accounts for this time around?

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I might not be up to date with all the current apps/websites for dating. So tinder, bumble, hinge, what are the other ones? I might like to try other ones myself :)

If everything was good last year and now a year later with the same age and photos and profile, its yeah a bit strange that its not getting matches like last time. What age have you put in your profile on the app?

Did you reactivate your old account on the apps, or did you make brand new accounts for this time around?
I made new accounts. I made some with my old info and I made some with new info to see if that would change.

It’s honestly mind boggling.

The other apps I only used for like a couple hours, but deleted because they were trash.

I think it was coffee meets bagel and the other one I forgot, but it was trash.

Doesn’t hurt to try though, you might get a chick from there when you least expect it.

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Have you tried pof? That I think is quite popular. Try pof if you haven't, put all same stuff on there.

Maybe, well, could the women on there now, remember you from last year, and but that doesn't make sense because what about the women who signup now as new people, you should still be getting matches from brand new ones so I don't know. We know your pics/profile works, so this not something that seems easy to figure out.

Maybe the app updated their default age settings, I know you used the same age, maybe try again but with a lower age? Just to see if it helped?

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Have you tried pof? That I think is quite popular. Try pof if you haven't, put all same stuff on there.

Maybe, well, could the women on there now, remember you from last year, and but that doesn't make sense because what about the women who signup now as new people, you should still be getting matches from brand new ones so I don't know. We know your pics/profile works, so this not something that seems easy to figure out.

Maybe the app updated their default age settings, I know you used the same age, maybe try again but with a lower age? Just to see if it helped?
Nah I never tried pof at all, have you?

I haven’t tried using dating websites at all.

I thought there weren’t any attractive girls like that on pof. That’s what I heard at least.

I don’t really see women that I matched with before and I make sure to block women I matched with before.

I can try using a younger age, don’t know when though.

But I think it really has something to do with the app.

Idk what is going on, maybe I got on at the right time or something before.

Only thing I can think of right now is make a brand new profile, get in better shape, take pics that show it, take higher quality pics.

Can’t think of anything else really.

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Nah I never tried pof at all, have you?
Only thing I can think of right now is make a brand new profile, get in better shape, take pics that show it, take higher quality pics.

Yeah I've used it before it's good. It does have an age limit, eg if you put 30 on there, it won't let you message 22 or younger. Also won't let you message 37 or older. I think thats what the lmit was, been a while.

You shouldn't need to take better pics if you were matching, but it could be something to try or yeah, try pof first.

The pics you did use though, that worked last year, was it 3 pics total?

And were the pics all just you, or how many were you and how many were you and others[friends, female friends etc] in social situations?

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah I've used it before it's good. It does have an age limit, eg if you put 30 on there, it won't let you message 22 or younger. Also won't let you message 37 or older. I think thats what the lmit was, been a while.

You shouldn't need to take better pics if you were matching, but it could be something to try or yeah, try pof first.

The pics you did use though, that worked last year, was it 3 pics total?

And were the pics all just you, or how many were you and how many were you and others[friends, female friends etc] in social situations?
They limit you on there? Wow.

I used bout 4-6 pics.

All of them are pics where I was out, no selfies.

These were actually real pics taken, they weren’t for a dating app or anything.

Most are just myself and I’m out at a social event or something.

>