Socializing  No 3) Please critique my argument style- I appreciate all advice.

SunnyVibes

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey guys, this is argument 3. Please read arguments 1 and 2.

Concept: Reciprocity

Girl:
There are two types of people, those who are empathetic and those who are not. Those who are will consider (something that the girl wants), while unempathetic people like you say it’s part of your personality and can’t change.
I did A for you, I did B for you, I did C for you. I let you use D. You couldn’t even do this small thing E.
I don’t care if I went back on an agreement I’d do it again in a heartbeat.
I don’t want to see you again. Please return D.

Now, I didn’t address most of these points.

But this is how I’d address it.

Me: Don’t label me as unempathetic. I have my reasons for doing what I do. Being empathetic doesn’t mean I have to agree with what you ask for, it only means i understand.

First of all, you didn’t do A for me, so it’s false.

Girl: So you don’t appreciate A?

Me: I don’t appreciate something that didn’t happen.
Also, About B and C, it was your own choice to do it-it doesn’t mean I owe you anything or that I have to do small thing E for you.
Reciprocity does exist, but I don’t have to do the exact thing you ask for. If you ask for multiple things, it’s my right to agree and disagree to whichever ones I want.

Also, about you letting me use D. I didn’t ask to use D, you offered it and I accepted it. Here, do here take it back. I don’t want things with strings attached that expect me to alter my behavior.

I hope to hear from you guys.
Best,
🔆

>