No couch/tv setup. But I do have a bed/tv setup. Small apartment. What would you recommend for arranging the apartment?

sinksink

Space Monkey
space monkey
I'm pretty hesitant to buy a couch. I'm moving out of this small apartment in a few months.

Right now, I have a TV next to my big bed and also two tables (one for work, one for eating). There's not much room for a couch/TV setup on top of that.

1. What would you recommend in terms of setting up the bachelor pad to deal with this? I know the girls chase article suggests getting her on the couch by the TV and putting on world news and music but I guess I really don't want to spend 200$ to buy a couch just to use it for a few months and displace one of my desks that I use.

2. I could also ask her to join me in bed immediately to watch the TV. How would you ask a girl to join you? How would you phrase it? I feel a bit awkward about it.

Man: "Hey, let's go watch some TV. I connected my computer to this TV, come here " ( I get onto the bed)
>>Alright and now I am hoping she will get on the bed next to me and it doesn't trigger any resistance

Woman: "I don't know, getting in bed with a guy I just met.."

Man:"[motions her to over] Come on, its nothing, we'll watch some TV

I actually don't have any TV cable setup. Just a computer connected to a TV and internet for Netflix, etc.

3. When you bring her back to your place, is it a bad idea for you two be sitting next to each other at a table? It seems less ideal than a couch where you two are laying back but if she refuses to get in the bed, it may be my only choice

Not making excuses, just kicking around some ideas and trying to make the best of the options/trying to think of some alternate options I'm not considering

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
couple pillows like this on your bed and no couch will work.

02bfb00fe3425087a5fe17019aedb5f5.jpg

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I'm pretty hesitant to buy a couch. I'm moving out of this small apartment in a few months.

Right now, I have a TV next to my big bed and also two tables (one for work, one for eating). There's not much room for a couch/TV setup on top of that.

1. What would you recommend in terms of setting up the bachelor pad to deal with this? I know the girls chase article suggests getting her on the couch by the TV and putting on world news and music but I guess I really don't want to spend 200$ to buy a couch just to use it for a few months and displace one of my desks that I use.

2. I could also ask her to join me in bed immediately to watch the TV. How would you ask a girl to join you? How would you phrase it? I feel a bit awkward about it.

Man: "Hey, let's go watch some TV. I connected my computer to this TV, come here " ( I get onto the bed)
>>Alright and now I am hoping she will get on the bed next to me and it doesn't trigger any resistance

Woman: "I don't know, getting in bed with a guy I just met.."

Man:"[motions her to over] Come on, its nothing, we'll watch some TV

I actually don't have any TV cable setup. Just a computer connected to a TV and internet for Netflix, etc.

3. When you bring her back to your place, is it a bad idea for you two be sitting next to each other at a table? It seems less ideal than a couch where you two are laying back but if she refuses to get in the bed, it may be my only choice

Not making excuses, just kicking around some ideas and trying to make the best of the options/trying to think of some alternate options I'm not considering

i have no couch or tv, the easiest way ever to get laid, cause they have no where to sit but the bed.... Paul Janka had similar set up to mine when he racked up most of his lays...

sinksink

Space Monkey
space monkey
i have no couch or tv, the easiest way ever to get laid, cause they have no where to sit but the bed.... Paul Janka had similar set up to mine when he racked up most of his lays...

1. Well shit. Maybe should I even remove the chairs from the desks lol?

2. And I guess ideally the bed should be positioned with alot of ways to get on to sit on it? Right now, my bed is tucked on one side of the room (so I can have more room for my desk lol) but maybe I should just put the bed closer to the center of the room so it is easy to hop on it?

3. What's your setup like? So like where in the room is the bed situated and what else is in the room? I guess you want to dissuade them from sitting on a chair at a desk

Last edited:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
1. Well shit. Maybe should I even remove the chairs from the desks lol?

2. And I guess ideally the bed should be positioned with alot of ways to get on to sit on it? Right now, my bed is tucked on one side of the room (so I can have more room for my desk lol) but maybe I should just put the bed closer to the center of the room so it is easy to hop on it?

3. What's your setup like? So like where in the room is the bed situated and what else is in the room? I guess you want to dissuade them from sitting on a chair at a desk

i open the door and the bed is there... look any of my videos... Easiest way to get laid i ever had...

Mike Silvertree

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Turn the bed into a couch. Get a bedspread, and two king size pillows, two stylish king size pillow cases, and a few couch pillows either at Wal Mart, a discount store like TJ Max, or Amazon. You can go with different shades of the same color, or patterns that work together.

Get this light bulb and put it in one of your lamps. I own several of these, and the oldest one has lasted 20 months. Great for mood lighting.

Run this video on your TV.

If you don't already pay for a streaming music service, AccuRadio is good enough and free.

You can run AccuRadio and YouTube on your Computer at the same time, and just kill the sound on YouTube so you hear the radio and watch the fireplace. Or you could run the fireplace at a lower volume so you hear it below the music.

sinksink

Space Monkey
space monkey
Turn the bed into a couch. Get a bedspread, and two king size pillows, two stylish king size pillow cases, and a few couch pillows either at Wal Mart, a discount store like TJ Max, or Amazon. You can go with different shades of the same color, or patterns that work together.

Get this light bulb and put it in one of your lamps. I own several of these, and the oldest one has lasted 20 months. Great for mood lighting.

Run this video on your TV.

If you don't already pay for a streaming music service, AccuRadio is good enough and free.

You can run AccuRadio and YouTube on your Computer at the same time, and just kill the sound on YouTube so you hear the radio and watch the fireplace. Or you could run the fireplace at a lower volume so you hear it below the music.

What music do you like to put on? I tried some of the suggestions in the chase amante article, I guess they seem so romantic that I feel a bit cheesy putting it on but maybe it's for the best

Mike Silvertree

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@sinksink:
What music do you like to put on?

I'm really old, but when I was doing that, I put on the radio station most popular with my social set. If you are using streaming radio, try Cool Jazz or Bebop Jazz channels. Nice hip background music. But it depends on what is a good fit with your culture.

What is the youtube link to your video channel?

Put your cursor over it and right click, a menu should pop up and Copy URL is the second choice. You can also click where it says YouTube in the lower right and it will open in a new tab and you can save the URL.

Women may give you shit over mood lighting and music, but they know why they are there; it's just a shit test.

sinksink

Space Monkey
space monkey
@sinksink:

Women may give you shit over mood lighting and music, but they know why they are there; it's just a shit test.

1. What are the most common phrases they say specifically when they give you shit over music and lighting?

2. What do you feel are some of your best responses to those?

Mike Silvertree

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I have always used low lighting and music when I brought a woman home with me. It is how I prefer to light a room if I am having a drink and listening to music alone at night. Only a few commented on it negatively, and I said something along the lines of, I can turn the lights up and the music off if it bothers you. They declined, it was a shit test. When I was young and broke, it was a blue bulb in one of my lamps and a radio alarm clock. It worked.

I always had an incandescent light on a dimmer in my living room and bedroom once I could afford better housing and stuff. Still do. Great because when you turn the light down, it shifts from bright white to dim warm orange, which makes both of you look better. I believe it is something primal, going back to when we sat around camp fires at night to socialize.

>