OK to ask a girlfriend?

topcat

Modern Human
Modern Human
Lol, basically I was feeling insecure that guys from her past were randomly reaching out to her recently, even though its a common thing with hot girls. She didn't respond to any of them and told me right away without me asking and I value her honesty, but still had me feeling a little insecure
understood. well you feel how you feel. with more experience eventually those feelings dampen.

what’s important, if you indeed care about your relationship, is to act correctly despite your emotions. sometimes easier said than done.

What determines correct action? your expectations for the trajectory of the relationship, yours and her place in it.

Judging from your little exposé above though, you could deff do with an ounce of emotional control..

No judgement though

moom

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
understood. well you feel how you feel. with more experience eventually those feelings dampen.

what’s important, if you indeed care about your relationship, is to act correctly despite your emotions. sometimes easier said than done.

What determines correct action? your expectations for the trajectory of the relationship, yours and her place in it.

Judging from your little exposé above though, you could deff do with an ounce of emotional control..

No judgement though
No offence taken my friend, could always your advice as well as the others on the board.

Yeah, it was a moment of weakness but I’m back to being good and steering the ship in the best way. I’m quite experienced with women and sex, but this is only my third relationship so its all still quite new for me

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Damn that truth hit home- it gets easier to lose abundance in a relationship. Whats a good way to fight against letting insecurity, ego, and fear of loss get in the way?
Focus on something else. What are you currently working on outside of women?

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Business, travel, lifting
Sweet, then let's get a little more specific, what are your goals for each of those? What are you currently doing to reach those goals? And how could you get your girlfriend to contribute to those goals?

moom

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Sweet, then let's get a little more specific, what are your goals for each of those? What are you currently doing to reach those goals? And how could you get your girlfriend to contribute to those goals?
I've got most of these things figured out- already focused on growth in all areas. I see what you're getting at, diversify my attention to other areas as to not put too much focus on my girl

TomInHo

Modern Human
Modern Human
I'm guessing this relationship is pretty new, hence why it's getting you emotional.

That's actually a good thing because it means you're human, but it definitely helps to keep your emotions in check by having a system for running your relationship.

Because when you're going through the honeymoon period, it's easy to do something stupid that could ruin your future like getting her pregnant, moving in with her, or getting married too soon.

I know it's hard but you have to hold off on making any big decisions or investments into this girl until the emotions of the honeymoon period subsides and you're back to your rational self. That's when you'll be able to see this girl for who she really is not what you want her to be.

But until then, think about running your relationship like a company where you are the CEO and she is just an employee. Where she has duties she must fulfill and evaluations she must pass before she can even warrant a promotion, regardless of how cool or cute she is

Last edited:
>