'Perception is reality'. That's bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
You get to a point of not caring once you build up enough confidence to know how to deal with it. There's a difference.

And no, i don't give a shit how I'm perceived once I know how to handle the effects of those perceptions.
There's that qualifier.

But yeah in order to truly "not give a shit how you're perceived", you have to give a shit how you're perceived in the first place.

Which is what Rob wrote
if you don't like the way you're commonly perceived then you have full control to change that.

jesslee09

Space Monkey
space monkey
There's that qualifier.

But yeah in order to truly "not give a shit how you're perceived", you have to give a shit how you're perceived in the first place.

Which is what Rob wrote

There you go again. It seems like the way you got to senior member is 'highlighting' a part of peoples 'sentence that's aimed at a bigger picture and nitpicking to make your point. Get the fuck out man. And no, there's a difference (yet again this is flying over your head).

I don't care about presenting myself in a certain way so that you have an X perception of me. I CARE about the effects it might have when you take an ACTIVE BEHAVIOR (such as trying to cut me down in front of a girl) from your perceptions. I don't give a fuck about your perceptions.

BUT you may try to attack me socially, physically, or mentally if you perceive that I'm weak which now I DO have to check you for. Other than that, I dont give a fuck about your perceptions of me as long as you not trying to actively fuck with me or get in the way.

If you really don't get that, then I can't say anything else to assume that you're a highly qualified person in this forum (who I assumed would understand due to your seniority in this forum).

Thanks again for bringing your true mentality into your replies. It was my fault for trusting your rankings in the first place and giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
I don't care about presenting myself in a certain way so that you have an X perception of me. I CARE about the effects it might have when you take an ACTIVE BEHAVIOR (such as trying to cut me down in front of a girl) from your perceptions. I don't give a fuck about your perceptions.
by taking an active approach in changing how you are perceived by others (like asking yourself, "why do guys think I'm weak or an easy target"?), you'd avoid encouraging guys from trying to cut you down in front of a girl or whatever else you deal with. Thats taking a preventive approach rather than a reactive approach (guys will still do it to you in the future). So ironically, by not caring about how others perceive you, you will continue to care about the effects of being treated this way.

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
@jbl09

Hey brotha relax man were all just having a discussion here. No reason to get agro :cool:

I'm curious why you made this post to begin with. I kind of assumed you were one of these guys who's like "I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks"/"why are people not perceiving how cool I am?"

My point and I think @Velasco 's point is that I really give a fuck about how I'm perceived by people.

Not because I want their approval or validation but because of I can shape on a macro level how I'm perceived to attract the type of make friends and female sex partners I want into my life then I'll be a powerful person more able to get what I want out of life.

I really give a fuck how people perceive me.

Now sure on a micro level you can't control everything but if you're getting tooled at the club or whatever example you keep bringing up... Hey man maybe if you had some bigger muscles, some more self defense experience, and better fundamentals people would perceive you different and your wouldn't get tooled in the first place or whatever it may be.

Catch my drift? ;)

jesslee09

Space Monkey
space monkey
@jbl09

Hey brotha relax man were all just having a discussion here. No reason to get agro :cool:

I'm curious why you made this post to begin with. I kind of assumed you were one of these guys who's like "I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks"/"why are people not perceiving how cool I am?"

My point and I think @Velasco 's point is that I really give a fuck about how I'm perceived by people.

Not because I want their approval or validation but because of I can shape on a macro level how I'm perceived to attract the type of make friends and female sex partners I want into my life then I'll be a powerful person more able to get what I want out of life.

I really give a fuck how people perceive me.

Now sure on a micro level you can't control everything but if you're getting tooled at the club or whatever example you keep bringing up... Hey man maybe if you had some bigger muscles, some more self defense experience, and better fundamentals people would perceive you different and your wouldn't get tooled in the first place or whatever it may be.

Catch my drift? ;)

Doesn't matter if you fix your 'body language' and 'get bigger muscles' when you're still a bitch inside. You're only covering up your insecurities and looking to deter any conflicts from a place of fear instead of facing it head on and then deciding to get muscles if you feel like it out of choice.

It's a fix to help your 'perception'. If you're comfortable with any type of conflict, does perception of how people perceive you being 'weak' matter?

Catch my drift? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

jesslee09

Space Monkey
space monkey
by taking an active approach in changing how you are perceived by others (like asking yourself, "why do guys think I'm weak or an easy target"?), you'd avoid encouraging guys from trying to cut you down in front of a girl or whatever else you deal with. Thats taking a preventive approach rather than a reactive approach (guys will still do it to you in the future). So ironically, by not caring about how others perceive you, you will continue to care about the effects of being treated this way.

Yes, a good point but I really don't really care about how others perceive me. You might've perceived me one way in the short term, but I know that in the end, who I am as a person will over-ride whatever perceptions you had of me based on your 'assumptions'

If you think I'm a retard because I dress in Walmart clothes, but I went to a top 20 college and making a million from a business I started from scratch, why would I care about if that dude (no matter who) thinks I'm a retard? My validation is based on my own results, not your perception. And if you base your perception of me dressing 'homeless', are you a type of person I want around me? I guess that would depend but it doesn't matter how you perceive me because my accomplishments override whatever 'perceptions' you had of me as a retard.

I will say perceptions in the short-term may matter when you're day gaming since you won't meet her repeatedly for her to get to 'see the real you' in the long term.

But the title of this post does say 'perception isn't reality. reality is reality' so that wouldn't really matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
Doesn't matter if you fix your 'body language' and 'get bigger muscles' when you're still a bitch inside. You're only covering up your insecurities and looking to deter any conflicts from a place of fear instead of facing it head on and then deciding to get muscles if you feel like it out of choice.

Well yeah obviously if you only fix the outside people are going to find out your a fraud once they get to know you or test you.

We've always taught that you should work equally on both:

It's a fix to help your 'perception'. If you're comfortable with any type of conflict, does perception of how people perceive you being 'weak' matter?

I guess if conflict is the only reason you're worried about perception and you enjoy having to constantly deal with the conflicts that stem from being incongruent in the way people perceive you vs how you actually are.

Seems like it'd be much easier to be a strong person internally and also make sure you're perceived as strong as well...

Not really sure what you're trying to get at here, other than being disagreeable.

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
I guess that would depend but it doesn't matter how you perceive me because my accomplishments override whatever 'perceptions' you had of me as a retard.

Yeah man if you're Elon Musk and you want to walk around in a Garbage bag people will still think he's a boss.

If you're Joe Shmoe who's wearing a garbage bag because you don't care about people's perceptions that's fine... just don't be surprised when people don't take the time out of their day to get to know the real jbl09 and treat like another homeless person.

Perception is marketing man.

There are many companies out there with shitty products that do millions and billions in sales because they are experts in managing the way people perceive their brand and product.

However if you've got the best product in the world but you market it like it's a worthless trinket you're not going to make any sales.

You can root against the way people work and get loser results (why don't they see how awesome I am??) or you can learn to control how people perceive you and get winner results because you are able to quickly signal to them the value and reality of who you are.

jesslee09

Space Monkey
space monkey
Well yeah obviously if you only fix the outside people are going to find out your a fraud once they get to know you or test you.

We've always taught that you should work equally on both:

I guess if conflict is the only reason you're worried about perception and you enjoy having to constantly deal with the conflicts that stem from being incongruent in the way people perceive you vs how you actually are.

Seems like it'd be much easier to be a strong person internally and also make sure you're perceived as strong as well...

Not really sure what you're trying to get at here, other than being disagreeable.

I def agree. That was my point that it's you should be a strong person internally and be less attached from how people perceive you. But also know how to control how you're perceived by people from a place of strength to get a result you want rather than for other purposes like validation or lying. (Which you pointed out)

The whole point of this thread was to make a point that people seem to blindly follow 'I'm the prize' 'perception is reality' 'I'm a wolf and don't care about the opinions of the sheep' type of quotes without actually working on what they needa work on to really become the real deal.

If you work on your confidence, you would find that you lack attachment from people's opinion of you. And then you can learn to know how to create perceptions (strategically) to get the result you want, not from a place of insecurity or wanting approval. That was something I should've articulated better.

If you're Joe Shmoe who's wearing a garbage bag because you don't care about people's perceptions that's fine... just don't be surprised when people don't take the time out of their day to get to know the real jbl09 and treat like another homeless person.

Perception is marketing man.

There are many companies out there with shitty products that do millions and billions in sales because they are experts in managing the way people perceive their brand and product.

However if you've got the best product in the world but you market it like it's a worthless trinket you're not going to make any sales.

You can root against the way people work and get loser results (why don't they see how awesome I am??) or you can learn to control how people perceive you and get winner results because you are able to quickly signal to them the value and reality of who you are.

I actually think we're just going in circles cause we're both saying the same thing. All I'm pointing out is that work on your inner self first and learn to control perceptions for a result you want but also be okay with not having people perceive you a certain way.

Hey man, my apologies for my miscommunication. I should've articulated the purpose of my thread better in my first post.

Gunwitch

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder

Yeah tone it down. Make your points that's fine, but don't get investigated and proven some former troll whos come back, cause that's what i'm smelling here.

Too much agenda way too fast coming in here like a hurricane talkin shit to senior members on top of it.

Relax or get axed.

Gun

jesslee09

Space Monkey
space monkey
Yeah tone it down. Make your points that's fine, but don't get investigated and proven some former troll whos come back, cause that's what i'm smelling here.

Too much agenda way too fast coming in here like a hurricane talkin shit to senior members on top of it.

Relax or get axed.

Gun

Feel free to investigate. If you don't want me talkin shit to senior members, than tell your senior members to stop talkin shit in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
>