Puerto Vallarta - Anyone been?

Tony D

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hi gang. I picked up a $200 one way ticket to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico at the end of March. I've been to the Yucatan, so decided to go check this place out.

I'm not a big night club guy, but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on things to do, places to see, where to stay, etc. Also, are there any towns or cities nearby that are more authentic, beautiful, or fun? Any good trips away.

Also, I'm going indefinitely. And as long as Corona virus doesn't shut down the continent, I'll be heading down towards Medellin after. I have this luxury because I'm making very good online coaching income at the moment. Hooray. I did 10 countries in 2019 over 9 months.

My goal is to make travel videos with my Go Pro hero 8, aimed at entrepreneurs, digital nomads, and self-help junkies. So I'll be going to co-working spaces and networking. And yeah, there will be women, as always.

TheHustler

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Can you leave a link to your youtube channel? (Sorry if a little off topic)

Thank you!

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I live in Guadalajara which is close by.
Haven’t been in Puerto Vallarta in a couple of years but it’s a great place to be.

Downtown is pretty cheap and there’s plenty of options for nightlife, dinning and going out.
If you are looking for something high-end, the best options are in “Nuevo Vallarta” which is another area slightly up north. You can get there in 20 min with an Uber or taxi.

The beaches near downtown are pretty rocky and dirty but you can easily get to better ones in 15 minutes driving or so.

Mexican food is amazing and there is also a big USA expat community although they are more senior.

Lots of people travel to Puerto Vallarta for holidays and spring break is coming soon so it’s a good time.

My only warnings are:
1) Don’t get in trouble with anyone remotely looking like a drug dealer. It can get ugly.
2) There are many super cheap accommodations just south of the “malecón”. That’s the gay area. Maybe not a big deal but you may want to avoid an unexpected surprise.

Vallarta has a pretty good mix of touristic destination and “true Mexican” stuff but if you want to do more classical tourism you can come to Guadalajara.
It is a pretty big city with a lot of history, culture and tequila. Probably the best city to visit in Mexico.
Let me know if you are around!! ;)

>