Questions around birth-control

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
So a lady of mine who I fuck bareback used take birth-control pills during the period she was seeing me (on and off). She is generally a bit against taking unecessary meds and generally favour natural medication whenever such is possible (she is not "anti-meds" in the strict sense though). The lady in question's attitude towards such meds is also influenced by her own bodily ad behavioral response to them.

Birth-control may seem like a good thing, but we need not to forget that birth-control pills happen to be hormonal remedies. Which honestly is a bit scary when you think about it. It does affect her body and mood. This is nothing new as science more or less backs this up. It is known that birth-control pills tend to affect mood and behavior. Additionally, it can affect what types of men she is attracted to (well it is sweet of her being afraid of losing her passions for me!). Nevertheless, It is totally understandable if one is hesitant about taking meds that affects not only one's mood but also one's overall personality - especially when they are NOT necessary for your health.

To be deadly clear, this is not a girl who is trying to "sneak a baby" into her belly. Those exist, but that is not her. She is as much as a freedom lover as I am, and she would like to enjoy her beautiful youth baby-free.

If no alternative forms of birth-control is found, we will stick to condoms, but obviously that would feel like a "degrading" of our intimacy and is obviously less physically satisfying. But it is what it is. This is not something I vouched for, but her (but I agreed without hesitation). Again proving that she is not a a girl trying to get prego - so just take those ideas out of your head when responding.

So, the questions, to be straightforward, are:
- What other types of prevention can be considered - that happens to be non-hormonal?
- How safe are they? I prefer those who have a low likelihood of pregnancy. Abortion is stressful for us men, and emotionally (and also oftentimes, physically) painful to women, and we want to dodge those potential situations at all cost.
- However a less "safe" option (in regards to "chances of pregnancy") is not to be excluded so please share them too! (but please make sure you state that they are "less" safe (as in getting her pregnant). I could mitigate these pitfalls (with her agreement) by for example not ejaculating inside of her, etc. however, such will be less pleasant, but if necessary, it will be that!
- More importantly, if you have any experience with any forms of birth-control, no matter the type, please share!
- Now if you DO NOT know of ANY non-hormonal alternatives (as we still have not excluded hormonal solutions fully!), then share the ones you consider to be not only the best, but which also have the LEAST side effects on women's health, behavior and mood.

Everybody is welcome to answer, although the opinions of elders or individuals who I know have great knowledge on the subject will be favored.

Please, no speculation!
And no "just convince her to take them X form of birth-control... blablabla". That's not how I roll.

Thanks!

PS: All options will be discussed with at least one health professional.

Best,
Teevster

Last edited:

Toby2030

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
As far as I know, this is the only option without any hormones. One of my good friends uses this - her body is not happy about hormones and had to try something else.. It hurt to get it inserted, and some experience longer bleedings. She did not get any problems tho, and she's very happy about it.
Nevertheless, I'm not a huge expert on birth-control and I'm sure there's guys on here with more knowledge about it but I would consider copper coils, if I were in your situation. I know that she has a lot of unprotected sex and never had any problem.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
As far as I know, this is the only option without any hormones. One of my good friends uses this - her body is not happy about hormones and had to try something else.. It hurt to get it inserted, and some experience longer bleedings. She did not get any problems tho, and she's very happy about it.
Nevertheless, I'm not a huge expert on birth-control and I'm sure there's guys on here with more knowledge about it but I would consider copper coils, if I were in your situation. I know that she has a lot of unprotected sex and never had any problem.

^ yes the best i found 2 of my girls use this, the one that could not take birth control for the same as op.... here is the brand they use... here it is (i know op clearly states not hormonal but is not estrogen being released is a small amount of progesting)

Gunwitch

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Theres an injectable spermicidal gel i've dated a few girls who used it, fucked maybe 10 more. I have no idea the brand or anything. They just inject it with a tube thing in themselves pre sex.

Never an issue with any.

Had sex with one chick using it maybe 100 times and she never got knocked up. Seen her a year later and she was, but she mighta stopped using it on purpose with some new guy.

Yeah lot of condom LTRs in the 2000s, it sucks.

Did pull out method on a couple girls in teens in LTRs, and maybe 20 times over the years on an one night stand cause the chick said she wasn't on anything, and also never an issue.

I Do have a sperm count in normal range as well.

The gel and pull out methods though people say they don't work, or eventually will fail. Might be perfectly viable though and the drug companies poo poo em with any study they can cook up.

I wish I had more to offer here. For the most part though not sure what most are on pill wise or implants/hormone release things/patches I assume are hormones too but could get on and off them faster if they have a negative effect. I just assume they're on something. Unless its like a teenager in a trailer park they'll probably discuss it with you that they aren't on the pill. Even if it is late in the encounter sometimes (like "don't cum in me i'm not on anything" when you start twitching haha).

If you guys haven't maybe look into "injectable gel birth control" "spermacide gel" something on that order.

One caveat, the stuff tastes terrible, so once you're fuckin, youre fuckin not suckin. Usually they wont wanna give you oral until washed up and vice versa.

Gun

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Thanks for all the replies guys.

I have noted them down and brought them up with the lady.

Thanks again.

I cannot add much comment, because my knowledge is kind of limited here.

Best,
Teevster

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
IUD's the best option by far.

Careful with the pullout method. It works... assuming you're not one of the 40% of men whose precum contains sperm, and that you can always pull out on time.

More on that here:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Teevester my bad she told me is not mirena, this one is 100% hormonal free, is paragard the one she uses"

Lover

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
A list of non-hormonal birth-controls methods that I know of:
  • The regular condom
  • The female condom (a huge condom inserted into the vagina)
  • IUD's with copper (not Mirena which consists of levonogestrol, the same drug used in BC pills and other hormonal BC options)
  • The diaphragm/pessary, used with spermicidal gel
I have only experience with the regular condom of these options.

The diaphragm/pessary is probably the least known option of all these. I think this site describes all you need to know about it perfectly:

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Thank you everybody for the great suggestions.

I have noted them all down, and presented them to her. She will read more about the options and discuss them with her MD.

I cannot add many comments here, since I am no expert here, as usually, my ladies take care of such thing. The thread have nevertheless been very enlightening for me.

So thanks again all.

Best,

deletedaccount

Space Monkey
space monkey
IUD's are great! Planned Parenthood can help make them super cheap without insurnace. Also, consider a vasectomy! They're reversible and way less invasive than a tube tying.

Lover

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Also, consider a vasectomy! They're reversible and way less invasive than a tube tying.
Last time I checked with someone working in sexology, there was no guarantee that reversing a vasectomy would be successful. Meaning that even if you go through a reversal, the sperm ducts may not recover enough to secure sperm to pass. Putting the sperm ducts back together is more complicated than tearing them apart. As things are now, vasectomies are not recommended if a guy has the slightest doubt he wants to reproduce later in life. So yeah, they may be reversible but rarely succesful

Last edited:
>