FR  Saturday night. Multiple opportunities, multiple failures due to limiting beliefs

Beam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You’re going to read this FR and think I’m an idiot. You’re probably right. But it highlights real issues I’m having and I hope this can alleviate those fears. I’ll keep it very simple and just focus on the interactions in question – not the whole night. All these approaches were on Saturday night last week.

Set 1:

Approach: Came out of the toilet and saw her leaning against the railing overlooking the river. Average height, long black hair, Italian looking, cute face. Call her J. Opened to her side and told her she looked like she was enjoying herself. Immediate hook. Had a strong interaction, talking about the repression of Western societies and how other cultures were so much more open. We came onto the topic of Spanish culture and she told me how sensual it was, especially the dancing. Good vibes. Moved for a drink soon after and met her friends at the bar (she was there for a friends birthday), she was going to buy it but her card didn’t work. She freaked out, I told her it was all good, I’d grab this round and she could grab the next. After I did, she fixed her card and said “How about I just get us another round now?”” She did, and we had two drinks each. Went to sit down with her friends (a mix of guys and girls) and chatted with them. The birthday girl, B(who was cute) shit tested me about why I was there, I coolly and confidently told her that my friends always disappeared on nights out and that I saw J, thought she was cute and so here I was. Seemed good enough for her. J disappeared for what seemed like an eternity (around 15 minutes) and when she came back the only seat available was far opposite me, with her friends on either side of me (one dude and another unattractive girl) who I still chatted with because they were cool.

The ejection: Despite her friends welcoming me, I felt weird being there and still felt like I was intruding. I even said this and the friends said it was cool at that B the birthday girl loved getting to know new people. I didn’t know how to push the interaction forward with J being on the opposite side of me, and it was 9:30 which was early – they were going to be sitting around for a while. My wing messaged me saying he was outside and I used this as an excuse to bail. “My mate just texted me! He's just outside. I should go get him before he goes off again”, and so I got up, told J across the table that we should do Spanish dancing at some point. She looked a bit stunned. I wished everyone goodbye and left, with the intention of coming back in an hour or two to reengage. B the birthday girl got up and told me I was welcome to come back any time. I told her I’d grab her instagram so I’d know where they were. I followed her.

Texted J her the next day saying it was good meeting her last night and saying I’d come back but they had left already (I did actually come back about an hour later, details below). No response, as expected. B started following me on instagram a couple days later.

Why I didn’t stay in set?

Fear of joining a group, even though they accepted me, felt awkward hanging out with them the whole night. Felt like I was intruding, a loner, even though the birthday girl herself said it was ok (and I think might have been into me).

Set 2:

Two set, half an hour later after leaving the group. We had just been rejected from getting into a club because of COVID limits, and used this as an opener for two girls (S and L) walking down the street. “Did you girls try getting into [venue] as well?”. The girls were cute - I had my eye on S in particular, and we hit it off immediately. I dominated the set over my wing (he was silent for most of the time while I entranced these girls). I am used to girls like this, he is from a different culture and didn’t quite get the banter to keep up. The girls wanted to keep hanging around (initially they were heading home). We tossed around ideas of where to go, and decided upon the venue I had just came from (where B and J were).

We walked, bantered and flirted. S confessed that she had to work tomorrow and was really bummed out about it.

Got to the venue and saw B and J sitting at their table, but didn’t want to bail on S and L. We found a table and sat down. Again, I dominated the interaction while my wing sat silent. S was going through turmoil, I could tell she really wanted to stay out, as she kept hesitatingly getting drinks when L suggested it, talking about how she really wished she wasn’t working tomorrow and asking me when I was leaving for work (two days). I knew she was into me but I was not pushing to close because she had to work tomorrow and I didn’t want to keep her from that.

The ejection:
Around 12am, the interaction slowed down and we all collectively decided it was time to leave. S still seemed bummed out. We had been with these girls for over two hours at this point. I added both of them on instagram.

Because she had to work at 9am the next morning and I was conscientious of that fact, not wanting to come across as too pushy. I feel like in this instance, isolating and then making plans for the next day (Sunday) evening may have been the best course of action. I naturally would have been scarcely available since I was leaving on Monday morning. Would you guys have done this and bailed to talk to other girls? Again, it was a small venue so it would have been hard to do this without her noticing.

Set 3:

After S and L left, I went to the bathroom. Coming out, I saw a sexy girl who had a denim jacket over her shoulder. I commented on it, saying that we were denim buddies. Asked her why she didn’t have it on since it was freezing out there. Starts shittesting me hard “you’ve got to man up. Man up! Man up!”. I’m just laughing it off, obviously treating it as a silly joke since I knew it was a shittest. We walk outside and her friends are waiting there for her – two girls, two guys. She spots them, tells them about the fact I need to man up. I continue laughing it off, and told her lets grab a drink. Didn’t get the friends approval or even talk to them really, all I’d done was smile at them. They seemed supportive. She came with me, we ribbed each other back and forth, and she ended up buying me the drink. Found out it was her birthday. My wing came up to me at the bar and told me he was leaving and headed off. Girl said that her friends looked like they were leaving too. Perfect, thought it was go time to isolate. But then! After our drink, they materialized behind us. Before I knew it she was off talking to some other friends, and then told me they were heading off to another part of the city half and hour away.

The ejection: At this point, I felt weird coming along with them. Felt I could have. Played it cool and said I’d grab her number (moron), she said no (think she was just looking for something that night). She said that I should come to that part of the city instead. Despite knowing this, I still hesitated, because she didn’t say “you should come with us”, she said “you should come to [area]” which to me came across as her not wanting me to come with them but rather, if I decided to, joining them later. I could have just said “hey that sounds fun, why don’t I come with you guys”, but I didn’t and got in my head. They left, and then I was done.

Again, like before, it was the fear of joining the group and feeling like a lone intruder, and projecting my insecurities onto the group the same way I did in set 1.

Summary:

Three good sets, and three failures due to limiting beliefs.

Set 1: Bailed due to awkwardness of being there with friends for 2.5 hours and feeling like an intruder. Projected my insecurities onto the group. “they’re probably wondering why I’m on my own and why I’m not making more of an effort to find my friends, I’m overstaying my welcome”

Set 2: Wasn’t persistent as she had to get up early the next morning and I was consciousness of that fact. Should I have just been selfish and gone for the close that night or set up plans for the next day?

Set 3: Didn’t go to the venue half an hour away with her and her friends – felt awkward about following them there again, due to feeling like an intruder and projecting my own insecurities onto them.

Any advice on how you guys would have handled these situations would be appreciated.

Yaxir

Space Monkey
space monkey
I'm just a beginner and i don't think i have much advice to offer you ( and i'm going through a shit time right now )

but damn, i would have been VERY anxious, going into another group of people .. that sounds so scary to me

like what if they beat you up ? what if they figure out you're looking for pussy ? what if the guys start being hostile to you ? so many things just freak me out

how would i ever let go of my anxiety like this heh ..

Beam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'm just a beginner and i don't think i have much advice to offer you ( and i'm going through a shit time right now )

but damn, i would have been VERY anxious, going into another group of people .. that sounds so scary to me

like what if they beat you up ? what if they figure out you're looking for pussy ? what if the guys start being hostile to you ? so many things just freak me out

how would i ever let go of my anxiety like this heh ..
It's natural to feel anxious, that's why you start small and work your way up :). No one starts out being able to confidently walk into and charm a group of people they've never met before, it takes a lot of practice!

Usually I'd say these thoughts are all in your head and chances are nothing like that will happen, but I've seen a couple of your posts and from what I gather you live in Pakistan right? I'm not sure what it's like to game there so maybe this would be a problem over there, I'm not sure and can't say. Here in the west, these thoughts are unproductive, the worst you will most likely get is a "fuck off" which is honestly not that bad and which you'll eventually learn to laugh off.

Like others have said, I'd look at trying to move to a more liberal country if you can and then start small and work your way up. This means starting by talking to everyone, not just hot girls, but old people, guys and so on. Once you're comfortable with this, then you can start adding flirting and so on and so on. It's a progression. I'd recommend checking out and attempting the newbie challenge which goes into this in a lot more detail - this might even be something you can do in Pakistan:

Yaxir

Space Monkey
space monkey
ah ok .. i guess most of these horrible thoughts are just in my head, probably most of them are just really bad insecurities that the society has indoctrinated

Usually I'd say these thoughts are all in your head and chances are nothing like that will happen, but I've seen a couple of your posts and from what I gather you live in Pakistan right?
spot on, my friend ! i am from Pakistan and i always felt somewhat a misfit here from the start and now i am sure of it. i don't want to write a book here lol but long story short is that there are a lot of things i don't agree with here and would rather not stay here any more

I'm not sure what it's like to game there so maybe this would be a problem over there, I'm not sure and can't say.
there is some kind of game, but it doesn't seem anything similar to what i have read so far on the blog or the forums. people do have girlfriends but that is more like dating to marry but there are no hookups or things like that. there are VERY rare cases but even those are .. hidden, you don't find people talking about such things since the religious influence on the society is way too strong and you wouldn't wanna come across as a libertine here

and fair enough, i think you have literally no idea of the mindset here so you can't know what it is like here. what i can tell you is that it is probably nothing like the west. To be fairh though, i can't really compare since i have not been to the west yet.

Here in the west, these thoughts are unproductive, the worst you will most likely get is a "fuck off" which is honestly not that bad and which you'll eventually learn to laugh off.
That somewhat calms the nerves :D

see ? this is the mentality gap that exists between the different societies . i am scared of some thoughts which are absolutely radical , while on the other hand, those same thoughts are considered to be unproductive and quite unfounded in the western society

i actually learnt today a little bit about how socializing is considered in western societies ( apart from what the media and movies show us, which i believe could be generally less accurate as the portrayal can be exaggerated or bended as per the filmmakers' will and not based on actual reality )

i actually wouldn't mind being told straight up to leave, rather than to stay in a group and be uncomfortable the entire time

i really value personal dignity

start small and work your way up. This means starting by talking to everyone, not just hot girls, but old people, guys and so on. Once you're comfortable with this, then you can start adding flirting and so on and so on. It's a progression.
This is great advice ! i think in all the thrill of getting a sexual end-result and all the sensual pleasure that is made possible by game, we forget that it is in essence, just a smarter form of communication between two people

in the context of this forum, those two people are a man and a woman.

but i agree, keeping an open mind ( which is the prime reason i came across this forum ) and socially engaging all sorts of people, regardless of their gender and age might actually help develop a lot of your game indirectly

thanks @Beam , i know this post was you looking for advice but our discussion actually ended up you giving me some insights about the western socialization tendencies

it's great to come across this community, everyone has been helpful and so non-judgmental, i highly value that

it kind of feels like home here ^^

EDIT : as for the newbie challenge, thanks for drawing my attention to that ! i don't think i have the confidence to attempt that right now especially in Pakistan but i will give it a read some time soon and try to understand what's going on there

Last edited:

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Three good sets, and three failures due to limiting beliefs.

Set 1: Bailed due to awkwardness of being there with friends for 2.5 hours and feeling like an intruder. Projected my insecurities onto the group. “they’re probably wondering why I’m on my own and why I’m not making more of an effort to find my friends, I’m overstaying my welcome”

Set 2: Wasn’t persistent as she had to get up early the next morning and I was consciousness of that fact. Should I have just been selfish and gone for the close that night or set up plans for the next day?

Set 3: Didn’t go to the venue half an hour away with her and her friends – felt awkward about following them there again, due to feeling like an intruder and projecting my own insecurities onto them.

Any advice on how you guys would have handled these situations would be appreciated.

I'm going to say that the only clear failure was Set 2. Simply pulling might have done the job.

Set 2 was strange one. Not sure how I would have handled that, I'm not great at dealing with groups, but my view is that you needed to go after J somehow.

I think it was possibly a mistake to tell the group you found J cute. That way they are looking at you hanging around on one side, and her on the other, thinking you've stalemated yourself and don't have the savvy to know what to do about it. If you hadn't said that, opening any of the other girls in the group would have been easy. And I'm not sure it helped your chances with J, since now she became your prize in everyone's eyes. I think saying "oh we met just before" would be better.

Here's my understanding of how that dynamic went down. B got competitive once she saw you liked J (and passed her shittest), that's what got her interest started. She wanted to be the birthday prize, and here was a ballsy guy to do it. If you had wanted her, then saying you found J cute would have been just the ticket.

J on the other hand got a mix of a) too much qualification b) a little bit of awkwardness from the whole group knowing you likes her and c) you're there but not with her, so she's feeling a bit spurned or losing attraction.

I think the thing would have been to first engage the group and basically ignore her for a short time (so she can see you're social and not some homing missile), and then go stand next to her and just pick up the conversation you had before, after all you're there for your goal, not the spectators. Who cares if it's higher effort, it's better to show high effort than to appear indecisive.

Set 3 I really don't know how to read. I tend to see these type of interactions as flakey. And especially after getting a number request refused, following the group somewhere just wouldn't feel right to me, she's already stole the frame. I would probably just try pushing to get her to stay (very low odds) or push hard for the number (also low odds) and then go chase some other tail.

PalmaSailor

Space Monkey
space monkey
Look I don’t think you’re an idiot and I think you did quite well really.

you at least got into various sets and most guys don’t even do that.

yiu do need to look at your self perception because it does look like the main problem here is your self worth.

overall, you’re entitled to go for and take what you want and you are the prize.. not them.

Ever thought of taking up some type of contact sport. Might do your self esteem some good.

Beam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'm going to say that the only clear failure was Set 2. Simply pulling might have done the job.

Set 2 was strange one. Not sure how I would have handled that, I'm not great at dealing with groups, but my view is that you needed to go after J somehow.

I think it was possibly a mistake to tell the group you found J cute. That way they are looking at you hanging around on one side, and her on the other, thinking you've stalemated yourself and don't have the savvy to know what to do about it. If you hadn't said that, opening any of the other girls in the group would have been easy. And I'm not sure it helped your chances with J, since now she became your prize in everyone's eyes. I think saying "oh we met just before" would be better.

Here's my understanding of how that dynamic went down. B got competitive once she saw you liked J (and passed her shittest), that's what got her interest started. She wanted to be the birthday prize, and here was a ballsy guy to do it. If you had wanted her, then saying you found J cute would have been just the ticket.

J on the other hand got a mix of a) too much qualification b) a little bit of awkwardness from the whole group knowing you likes her and c) you're there but not with her, so she's feeling a bit spurned or losing attraction.

I think the thing would have been to first engage the group and basically ignore her for a short time (so she can see you're social and not some homing missile), and then go stand next to her and just pick up the conversation you had before, after all you're there for your goal, not the spectators. Who cares if it's higher effort, it's better to show high effort than to appear indecisive.

Set 3 I really don't know how to read. I tend to see these type of interactions as flakey. And especially after getting a number request refused, following the group somewhere just wouldn't feel right to me, she's already stole the frame. I would probably just try pushing to get her to stay (very low odds) or push hard for the number (also low odds) and then go chase some other tail.
Thanks Will, good insights , makes me feel better that it wasn't just me who found these situations a bit tricky. You're right, Set 2 I should have just pushed and risked it.

For Set 1, actually the whole group didn't hear that I called J cute, just B. Will remember the "oh we just met before" line in case this happens again, good point.

Set 3, I thought she was a go because she bought me a drink. If it wasn't for that I would have thought the same but maybe she was feeling particularly gregarious.

Beam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Look I don’t think you’re an idiot and I think you did quite well really.

you at least got into various sets and most guys don’t even do that.

yiu do need to look at your self perception because it does look like the main problem here is your self worth.

overall, you’re entitled to go for and take what you want and you are the prize.. not them.

Ever thought of taking up some type of contact sport. Might do your self esteem some good.
Yeah, I've been doing night game so long with no success that it does affect my self worth..

I have actually! Have been thinking of getting into martial arts/krav maga for a while now. Partly because it would help build a warrior physique (I'm lean at the moment) and because it's badass and would make me feel more like a man. Classes were closed due to COVID when I wanted to start but will be worth another look now.

Last edited:

Beam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
ah ok .. i guess most of these horrible thoughts are just in my head, probably most of them are just really bad insecurities that the society has indoctrinated

spot on, my friend ! i am from Pakistan and i always felt somewhat a misfit here from the start and now i am sure of it. i don't want to write a book here lol but long story short is that there are a lot of things i don't agree with here and would rather not stay here any more

there is some kind of game, but it doesn't seem anything similar to what i have read so far on the blog or the forums. people do have girlfriends but that is more like dating to marry but there are no hookups or things like that. there are VERY rare cases but even those are .. hidden, you don't find people talking about such things since the religious influence on the society is way too strong and you wouldn't wanna come across as a libertine here

and fair enough, i think you have literally no idea of the mindset here so you can't know what it is like here. what i can tell you is that it is probably nothing like the west. To be fairh though, i can't really compare since i have not been to the west yet.

That somewhat calms the nerves :D

see ? this is the mentality gap that exists between the different societies . i am scared of some thoughts which are absolutely radical , while on the other hand, those same thoughts are considered to be unproductive and quite unfounded in the western society

i actually learnt today a little bit about how socializing is considered in western societies ( apart from what the media and movies show us, which i believe could be generally less accurate as the portrayal can be exaggerated or bended as per the filmmakers' will and not based on actual reality )

i actually wouldn't mind being told straight up to leave, rather than to stay in a group and be uncomfortable the entire time

i really value personal dignity

This is great advice ! i think in all the thrill of getting a sexual end-result and all the sensual pleasure that is made possible by game, we forget that it is in essence, just a smarter form of communication between two people

in the context of this forum, those two people are a man and a woman.

but i agree, keeping an open mind ( which is the prime reason i came across this forum ) and socially engaging all sorts of people, regardless of their gender and age might actually help develop a lot of your game indirectly

thanks @Beam , i know this post was you looking for advice but our discussion actually ended up you giving me some insights about the western socialization tendencies

it's great to come across this community, everyone has been helpful and so non-judgmental, i highly value that

it kind of feels like home here ^^

EDIT : as for the newbie challenge, thanks for drawing my attention to that ! i don't think i have the confidence to attempt that right now especially in Pakistan but i will give it a read some time soon and try to understand what's going on there

All good man, this forum really does feel like home. And no stress, you responding to this thread might have brought more attention to it which helped get some responses, so cheers, haha. Look forward to seeing you overcome these demons in your mind.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Beam, you are being too hard on yourself, if the girl had to wake up early the lay is kind of unlikely to happen, it is called bad logistics.. that is why in convos you bring up "who are you here with" "where do you live" "do you have to work tomorrow" those are logistical question that should be ask in every set (not one after the other of course), then you may address them to see if she bites on the objections but not plow on bad logistics.

learn how to win over groups, it is a skill, but in reality you don't even need to do that... you need to be able not to make a group uncomfortable, i do both depending on situation either win over the group and bring the party or keep being neutral on the group kind of cool mysterious vs creepy... But yeah your mindset of being alone is awkward or i am an intruder is a bad mindset unless you were seeing evidence of this via their micro expressions … but you can fuck up group micro expressions with you giving an awkward vibe if you feel awkward...

>