Calls & Texts  Simple/basic texting guide

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
There are 2 types of texting most guys use:

1.- long texting setting sexual frames.- This is hard to do, but is possible to do with experience. I had to rely in this style for 2 reasons:

a.-) I relied a lot on physical game, no talking dance floor game and i had a heavy latin accent.

b.-) By the time the texting technology came around from the beeper technology lol, i was already with live ins.

^ most of my lays came from this system... At times a dude could see my texting and say, "dude fuck her already" but in some cases i had to delay cause of logistical issues while keeping them from dropping off.(live ins)

^ I have seen the dudes learning second generation verbals, try to do this in text, but is just horrible, they don't do it right and are totally uncalibrated. Yes is possible to do but learn the other way first(#2 that is), cause this is more advanced, plus the guys that invented or teach second generation other than cosy r.i.p don't even advise or get mad when you use it for texting.

2.- The second community advise is text to meet, but i have seen most members of the forum just do it horrible as well, i also read dozens of books and field tested, it is just bad advise, you burn through too many leads... the way they lay it out is horrible and low odds.

most of them open>then close = super low odds, is like cold approaching and saying "wanna fuck"...

here is a typical community example:

open: hi this is pua from the mall...

close: how does your schedule looks like?

^even books i highly recommend such as models, follow similar texting advise, they have the right intention, of cutting the crap and screen, but is just low odds.

^ i get very sad when i read samples and samples, even from guys that get laid, after long "ghosting periods" that were unnecessary by following that advise.

Here is a sample of open>close = low odds:

open:
Me: Hey! is pua

Close:
How's your schedule these days to grab a few margaritas before on a terrace somewhere before the summer is over !?

^ most dudes are not even creative they go "how your schedule looks like"= "hey wanna fuck" = low odds.

^ That is most pua advise unfortunately, the pua is just following community dogma, of guys that are bad at texting telling other guys that are really bad at texting how to text.

So i am going to teach you a simple way of texting that is very little dancing monkey, yet, it will yield higher odds while minimizing mistakes (cause a lot of you are totally uncalibrated as fuck, but you guys think you are cute, is just horrible, then you give the same horrible advise to newer people)

open > wait for a response prior to double texting and give it time > banter/flirt/get her to qualify etc....>soft close> hard close

Sample:

hey Maria how is your day going and how are those uni classes treating you? (or something like that related to the meet or convos in this case the dude met the girl in the uni...

her: blah blah

pua: You should take a break from all that study and have a little break with a handsome hot guy = soft close/testing waters/pinging/shit testing...

3 answers:

her: oh i would love to = or anything positive is a green/go ahead/interested

her: oh i am so busy these days and so much going on that i barely have time for anything = objection/yellow/maybe needs to be address

her: ghosting/ i don't feel comfortable/ i don't know you/ i am sort of seeing someone/etc...= objection/red/no that invested

^ depending on that answer, flirt, close or address shit test/objection.... then proceed...till you get a positive/green/go ahead/interested THEN SOFT CLOSE AGAIN, before hard closing, then rinse wash repeat if needed, get me guys?

ex green: proceed to hard close

pua hard close example: I am going to be busy most of the week but maybe Thursday we can meet is going to be a lot of fun and give you nice breaks from studies, let me know were you are coming from so i can give you directions, wear something cute and casual....

ex yellow, addressing objection: i hear you, i am super busy as well, but if you want to get a better grade and pass the class, going out for few minutes with a handsome, fun hot guys like me, is actually recommended by most professors, can't believe you did not know this...

yellow hb answer: lol, maybe you are right

^ now you can go for pua hard close, about the schedule and directions....

Red addressing objection: Listen i thought you were really cool when i met you, but if you not willing to get to know me is ok, maybe when i meet you i felt you were cool and thought we would get along and you were someone worth getting to know, but maybe i was wrong, i am not the type to crash into parties when i am not invited.

hb: oh i am sorry, i did not mean it that way, let me look at my schedule

^ these are just samples but it totally annoys me the open=hard closes= low probability technique that i keep seeing in journals, field and even lay reports over and over and over, is low % game.

Last edited:

Rakkum

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
What do you consider low and high % game?

Good stuff and thanks for bringing this topic up.

One thing, though. If I've grabbed her number and had her agree meeting up with me then and there (without hammering out the exact logistics), then going for the soft close would probably be counterproductive. A bit of fluffing and good to proceed to figuring out the logistics.

This is from yesterday

Me: [Hand slightly out] Ciaaao!
Ballerina: Hi!
Me: You know how sometimes you see something and you have a split second to decide whether you sit back and late wander off or react and go explore.
Her: Mhmm yes
Me: Which one is the right way to go?....

Wrap up the conversation after a few minutes, say we should continue this... she agrees, we agree to sort out logistics over text. Take her phone and type in "Omg, Rakkum, you'r so sexxxxy"

Later in the evening

Me: Ballerina, you'r such a flatterer!!
Ballerina: Haha, it's funny you wrote it

Next day

Me: So you smashed it at the video shoot like a pro?
Me: How's Monday evening looking like to grab a drink [Double text, mea culpa! I know I take the blame for thie premature ejaculation :D)
Ballerina: Yesss, I did smash that lmfao
Ballerina: And I'll be free only by like 5 pm
Me: Good good!
Me: Let's make it around seven, sounds good?

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
What do you consider low and high % game?

Good stuff and thanks for bringing this topic up.

One thing, though. If I've grabbed her number and had her agree meeting up with me then and there (without hammering out the exact logistics), then going for the soft close would probably be counterproductive. A bit of fluffing and good to proceed to figuring out the logistics.

This is from yesterday

Me: [Hand slightly out] Ciaaao!
Ballerina: Hi!
Me: You know how sometimes you see something and you have a split second to decide whether you sit back and late wander off or react and go explore.
Her: Mhmm yes
Me: Which one is the right way to go?....

Wrap up the conversation after a few minutes, say we should continue this... she agrees, we agree to sort out logistics over text. Take her phone and type in "Omg, Rakkum, you'r so sexxxxy"

Later in the evening

Me: Ballerina, you'r such a flatterer!!
Ballerina: Haha, it's funny you wrote it

Next day

Me: How's Monday evening looking like to grab a drink [Double text, mea culpa! I know I take the blame for thie premature ejaculation :D)
Ballerina: And I'll be free only by like 5 pm
Me: Good good!
Me: Let's make it around seven, sounds good?

Rakkum, i was not singling you out, i was just lazy so did a search and type what i already typed when i was helping you... So it was not about you, but yeah your sample you already sold her and she was green from the meet, so you calibrated, but again you when open>close plus double text... But it worked out for you, i would have done the soft close as i recommend, prior to hard close....

WAIT.......

soft close: I have no doubt that you will have all modeling agency scouts calling you over those pics, we should celebrate over a bottle of wine.... =soft close

^ in your case it worked but i personally think is higher odds to test the water prior to hard close.... (my point)

Rakkum

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Rakkum, i was not singling you out

Didn't take it as such, all good in the hood. I do agree with your comments on that report.

soft close: I have no doubt that you will have all modeling agency scouts calling you over those pics, we should celebrate over a bottle of wine.... =soft close

Okay, I see now.. That's good! When I wrote the following...

going for the soft close would probably be counterproductive.

... I had in mind over-selling oneself. She's into me, why beat around bush. But the way you put it above, that's smooth.

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
i like the idea of preceding a hard close with a soft close. and you are saying a soft close is equal to or similar to 'testing the waters'.

personally, i had labeled what you call a soft close as a probing question, to help with testing the waters before asking for more investment.

Here is some terminology-heavy writing from an old journal post of mine describing it:

Asking probing questions before going for compliance allows you to get the extra information you need to be confident that your compliance request/suggestion/demand will be accepted by her. You will no longer have to worry about your attainability and value being messed up from negative compliance if she declines.

It’s also great for texting. Observing non-verbal IOIs play a big part in knowing when to get compliance from a girl. But we do not have that luxury over text. So by using this technique, the high risk of generating negative compliance over the phone is diminished.

One of the other things is that a soft close is like giving a hint to the girl.... She will anticipate the hard close coming up....which makes for a smooth transition into the hard close/providing a cushion for it,

i am also thinking about how to play around with this anticipation caused by probing, rather than closing out the anticipation

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
i like the idea of preceding a hard close with a soft close. and you are saying a soft close is equal to or similar to 'testing the waters'.

personally, i had labeled what you call a soft close as a probing question, to help with testing the waters before asking for more investment.

Here is some terminology-heavy writing from an old journal post of mine describing it:

One of the other things is that a soft close is like giving a hint to the girl.... She will anticipate the hard close coming up....which makes for a smooth transition into the hard close/providing a cushion for it,

i am also thinking about how to play around with this anticipation caused by probing, rather than closing out the anticipation

Very good fog....

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
It's the difference between using the left or right hemispheres of the brain.
Basically you have to learn how to communicate with a girl's perception of things...although only with texted stuff.
Trying to convince some random chick to go out with you is the worst thing you could do!
Forget about convincing her of anything!
Just be fun and light at the start, then you probe, then AFTER her reaction you text like you mean businesses.

Examples of what not to do:
Too bland:
Hey Suzy, afternoon!
How is your day going?

Too aloof (I used to think this was cool because it matched my own personality, but it doesn't work):
Hey Suzy, just though about something you said before...

Too playerish (trying too hard to elicit emotions...via text :confused:):
Hey Suzy, I was thinking about what's the difference between what guys and girls do to seduce each other
Like what's the real connection we can make with the opposite sex to get an understating....

(she's prob not paying attention anymore and doing something else by now).

Texting is simple.
Just think about something cool you did with a girl who you liked.
Now remember WHY it felt cool.
That's the kind of feeling your texts should have.....while still being concise and clear.

Example of what to do:
Hey Suzy, check this out!
Just look at this damn low-carb ice cream recipe I took from youtube
(send video)

wait for response

Yeah, it looks delicious...I've heard of a cool new place who does them just like that!
Anyway, need a partner in crime to check it out...but my 200M IG followers must not know I'm busting my diet!
What you say...are you good at keeping secrets?

Let's look at the levels this simple exchange has:
1) elicit a great emotion (this time with food)
2) doing something forbidden and secret (busting diet, nobody should know)
3) challenging her to take action with me (partner in crime)
*Mostly what you do live with a chick when you have a good time together.

Now as Skills said calibrate based on her response:
- Green (hard close: ask her out with logistics);
- Yellow (proceed with another exchange, no need to change subjects...just keep talking about food or diet, deal with objection, try another soft close);
- Red (give it some time and start over);

But the groundwork is done!

About long exchanges....IME are usually a waste of time - as is sexting. Remember: chicks have a string of dudes talking to them all the time, sending them dick pics, etc. I don't care how good your texting is, once she lumps you into the "virtual friend" category, it's very hard to come out of it.

Text short and with purpose....but to have a little self-amusement too.
I say the most outlandish things to all kinds of girls
(like "I can't meet you now because I'm code red downstairs" or other stupid shit)
But I just do it because:
1) I like to have a laugh;
2) It's fun;
3) Breaks the ice;

They have a laugh, I have a laugh, ice is broken, but then it's time to talk biz (probing, then getting a date).

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I know, but you have to pick a style that suits your persona.
I'm not talkative in person, so using verbose over text would be very incongruent.

is like 60 yoc saying don't talk shut the fuck up! and teevester saying talk a lot.... People play and razionalize to their strenght if i do short texting even if i try #2 i will get laid way less, vs if i do long texting, i have tons of charisma when i write... Why not use that to my advantage????You need to use what works for you and gives YOU, higher odds based on field testing....

You were not talkative how about Big zero talkative in the dance floor and how about no speaking english.... That is how i had to write take a look at my post for the reasoning:

Last edited:

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
Great thread Skills, i always go for the hard close instantly like "Hey Julia, we should meet one of these days, when are you free?" but i will try and experiment with your advice.

I used this advice

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
Looks like the girls, Karea number closed, were all interested. So his "instant hard closing" (no "testing the waters" because he didnt believe there was such a thing as "text game") advice came from that point of view.

There was a comment here by Peter saying to always number close girls. Because even that 10 second interaction might lead to something Vs a solid 10 minute interaction

One rule, always close. Guys who get success do two things: Open and Close. I have had 10 minute intereactions that went perfect but then have the girl ghost or bring up some weird excuse and i've had girls give me their number in 10 seconds because they were in a hurry and then meet them for a date 2 days later and bang em. Always go for a close.

Which would go against community dogma, that in order to give you the highest odds that she will see you again, youd want to build a connection/deep dive. Cause you cant do that in a 10-30 second window. So that number would be considered "useless".

Another quote from TheApproach backs up Peter's quote:

"Value is largely perceived as a vibe which is sensed on a subconscious level. How long does it take you to figure out if you like a person or not? 1 minute? 30 seconds? Some of my most memorable relationships came from 1‐3 minute number closes".

There is however, an argument to be made that this "instant hard closing" advice might be outdated (TheApproach's quote is from 2007 and Karea's article is from 2012 (Mark Manson' Models was also released in 2011)). Because this was before social media and dating apps really took off (I know myspace, facebook, and whatever dating app was available at the time, were around back then but they didnt have as big of an impact as the current apps on the market). So girls that may have been interested when Karea number closed them back in 2012, might all of a sudden go from interested to semi interested or just "ghost" him today, because of the amount of validation shes recieved in that time, compared to 2007-2012. Which favors this "testing the waters" approach.

As for myself, I save all the hassle by just number closing the girls I SNLed that I had a good vibe with :)

Last edited:

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
good pointers,

Ive used sec gen verbals in text as well - worked great.
That said i dont need it nor would focus on it.
i put my effort in never needing text.
Text is just organising the meet. w. an assuming the meet mindset.
Partly cause i hate texting.
Partly cause its bad focus.

The reality with most good verbal guys is that we focus more on the work before the text.
Text is only if needed be due to logistics time or whatever.

Ps: dont use meet the maker metaphoricals with cozy please - its bad style even if i know you mean well. Hes fine.

Last edited:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
good pointers,

Ive used sec gen verbals in text as well - worked great.
That said i dont need it nor would focus on it.
i put my effort in never needing text.
Text is just organising the meet. w. an assuming the meet mindset.
Partly cause i hate texting.
Partly cause its bad focus.

The reality with most good verbal guys is that we focus more on the work before the text.
Text is only if needed be due to logistics time or whatever.

Ps: dont use meet the maker metaphoricals with cozy please - its bad style even if i know you mean well. Hes fine.

Nobody is recommending focus on texting, but if you need to text, which is important specially when you didn't have time to piv or if you meet online, or social media or you have rotations or many other things done right increases your closing %... in my book you need to be good at all aspects of seduction

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Looks like the girls, Karea number closed, were all interested. So his "instant hard closing" (no "testing the waters" because he didnt believe there was such a thing as "text game") advice came from that point of view.

There was a comment here by Peter saying to always number close girls. Because even that 10 second interaction might lead to something Vs a solid 10 minute interaction

Which would go against community dogma, that in order to give you the highest odds that she will see you again, youd want to build a connection/deep dive. Cause you cant do that in a 10-30 second window. So that number would be considered "useless".

Another quote from TheApproach backs up Peter's quote:

"Value is largely perceived as a vibe which is sensed on a subconscious level. How long does it take you to figure out if you like a person or not? 1 minute? 30 seconds? Some of my most memorable relationships came from 1‐3 minute number closes".

There is however, an argument to be made that this "instant hard closing" advice might be outdated (TheApproach's quote is from 2007 and Karea's article is from 2012 (Mark Manson' Models was also released in 2011)). Because this was before social media and dating apps really took off (I know myspace, facebook, and whatever dating app was available at the time, were around back then but they didnt have as big of an impact as the current apps on the market). So girls that may have been interested when Karea number closed them back in 2012, might all of a sudden go from interested to semi interested or just "ghost" him today, because of the amount of validation shes recieved in that time, compared to 2007-2012. Which favors this "testing the waters" approach.

As for myself, I save all the hassle by just number closing the girls I SNLed that I had a good vibe with :)
That advice was low % back then too.

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
is like 60 yoc saying don't talk shut the fuck up! and teevester saying talk a lot.... People play and razionalize to their strenght if i do short texting even if i try #2 i will get laid way less, vs if i do long texting, i have tons of charisma when i write... Why not use that to my advantage????You need to use what works for you and gives YOU, higher odds based on field testing....

You were not talkative how about Big zero talkative in the dance floor and how about no speaking english.... That is how i had to write take a look at my post for the reasoning:

No no no, in that context I talked about my experience only! Which is different than yours. BTW, we both use humor to elicit emotions.

I'm not saying it's impossible to text a lot and have success...what I said is that usually it's better to not give her too much online ammunition to discard you (which is true). Too many variables, lots can go wrong, lots of time investment and you have to be on point on what you are doing charisma wise.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
No no no, in that context I talked about my experience only! Which is different than yours. BTW, we both use humor to elicit emotions.

I'm not saying it's impossible to text a lot and have success...what I said is that usually it's better to not give her too much online ammunition to discard you (which is true). Too many variables, lots can go wrong, lots of time investment and you have to be on point on what you are doing charisma wise.
Make sense for me is fun to do and I know how to type, is like a hobby, for my own fun, you don't like to type much. I have a lot of fun, and I totally manipulate the outcome, gives me more investment and increases her perception and fantasy of who they imagine me to be, I also do it multiple different days so is not all at once, the thing is when I put it as report is a block of text perception

King

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I 100% agree, they're waaay too fast. Much love brother thanks for making this post!

>