so will smith just slapped chris rock

climbingup

Space Monkey
space monkey
It's staged. Nobody watches the Oscars anymore so they had to spice things up. Most people's first reaction to this is "the oscars are going on for this year right now?" Atleast it was for me.
This is my opinion as well.

I had completely forgotten about the Oscars. Quite a few people I know had completely forgotten about it. In fact my life is better now that I don't care whatsoever about the Oscars.

The Oscars know, if there's no one watching the Oscars and no one caring about it. Then they are on a very slippery and dangerous slope. Because of course, what's the point of the Hollywood elite if no one cares about them?

So what do they do? They get someone who was just in the public eye. Will and his entanglements and get him to stir up more drama.

This is probably the most publicity the Oscar has gotten in about 2 years. They knew they had to stir it up, they are competing with other big issues for news time. Nothing stirs people, like a good fight between two a list celebrities.

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I think it's real after watching some hilarious reactions. You can tell Jada didn't like it and that's when Will got upset

In addition, you have to remember this about the people of Hollywood: no matter how irrelevant they actually are, they think everybody loves them and hangs on their every word

Most of them are entitled dipshits completely out of touch with reality

My 2cents anyways

Ree

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@MarkA,

If it's the Oscars or any kind of stand-up comedy show, you have to know going in that the presenters roast people... that is just what they do. You go and you be a good sport about it. That's just how these shows are.

If the guy is being excessive about it (like if he makes repeated jokes at your woman's expense or something), that's the only time I could see where you'd step in... but even then, you do it by getting up on stage, motioning for the microphone, then getting on there and outclassing him with a few zingers of your own, not by acting all butt-hurt and sucker-punching the guy.

If it's at a club, well, first thing, why are you taking your wife to a club? Second thing, if you've got to take her to a club, why are you taking her to a club where folks are hyped up enough to be insulting women? Third thing, if you absolutely have to take her to trash clubs where people are going to be calling her out for things... well either you need to be getting her out of there, or else you need to just resign yourself to the fact that you are going to spend your life beating and getting beat in 70 IQ "you don't talk shit about my wife in nightclubs!" idiocy.

Also, I always recommend guys get good at comebacks... if you're good at humorously taking people down, anyone insulting you or anyone around you is going to look damn foolish when he tries that and you tear him apart with a jab that gets everybody laughing at him:

Chase
what about the chris rock side,what should you do if a guy overeaacts and get physical? fighting seems dangerous,yet walking away makes someone feel like a loser

Ree

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
What a pussy is chris rock i would have totally whipped his ass...
i think will is bigger,and also has fight training from all the fight movies he has been in,didnt will smith play ali,not to mention a myriad of other action movies?I dont know if its about being pussy, think a bigger stronger guy will more likely win in a fight againts a smaller,weaker,less skilled guy

Fluxcapacitor

Modern Human
Modern Human
@Ree dude! Unless you're going to get physical back Chris Rock handled this fairly well, laughing at it, his commentary "will Smith just slapped the shit out of me" but mostly unreactive and composed made him look very in control. His de-escalation was well calibrated for the event and maintaining control.

A lot of how you react depends on context, if it's a loud environment witty lines aren't going to be as effective as in a quiet environment. If the dude walks off you can get by with a look of what was that about? If you're calm, unreactive and unphased you look in control. If he's sticking about and being aggressive you'll have to de-escalate or walk away to avoid violence. If you're walking away a casual "enjoy your night" shows that you're not bothered, it'll short circuit a dude like this cause it won't be expected.

Social calibration is key, with a witty line usually helps

Tim Iron

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
They acted the whole thing well... now, so many folks are talking about the Oscars. Bad publicity sometimes is also good publicity.

EDIT: Even if it isn't fake, the Oscars is still in the spotlight so it is a good thing for them.

Last edited:

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
In case if anyone think it was fake.

I have personally pretend to tell everyone that 2 particular incidents that it was fake. If I remember correctly, someone push me to the wall really hard. I didn't want to escalate the violence. And he was bigger than me.

The second, was about a female that people think that I had sex with.

p.s: REad this post again.
This is high level shit.

If you are from an authority position or that your friends are ordinary people, they will believe you even if they did know that it was fake.

If you are not from an authority position, ordinary people will say that you are a coward/chicken shit/whatever.

It makes you wonder.
It certainly makes me wonder.
That Everything is objective reality.

As a reader of this post, please acknowledge that you are seeing a 'pick me'/main character vibes. But also at the same time, recognize that you are doing the same thing because you need to connect dots in your mind, and what makes it logical in your brain.

Don't runaway from this post.
We must push thru this even if Will Smith and Chris Rock says that it's stage.

Don't let this go. Don't let this go.

z@c+

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
i think will is bigger,and also has fight training from all the fight movies he has been in,didnt will smith play ali,not to mention a myriad of other action movies?I dont know if its about being pussy, think a bigger stronger guy will more likely win in a fight againts a smaller,weaker,less skilled guy
So still, grab something or socker punch him do something, the biggest sign of disrespect is getting slap by another man...

Ree

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So still, grab something or socker punch him do something, the biggest sign of disrespect is getting slap by another man...
i feel ya bro

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
It's staged. Nobody watches the Oscars anymore so they had to spice things up. Most people's first reaction to this is "the oscars are going on for this year right now?" Atleast it was for me.
This was not staged lapd got involve and asked chris if he wanted to.press charges..... which he declined to do...

climbingup

Space Monkey
space monkey
If you search "Oscars 2022", "emails", "stage event" on Google. There's articles with the leaked emails where they discuss an "event" that will take place between will Smith and chris rock before the award. These emails are from weeks ago. I'll see if I can post the articles here rather than you guys having to search for it.

Just Hollywood being Hollywood tbh

Doesn't surprise me at all

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
If you search "Oscars 2022", "emails", "stage event" on Google. There's articles with the leaked emails where they discuss an "event" that will take place between will Smith and chris rock before the award. These emails are from weeks ago. I'll see if I can post the articles here rather than you guys having to search for it.

Just Hollywood being Hollywood tbh

Doesn't surprise me at all
Would love to see cause lapd got involved..

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Ok guys definetly not stage here is the break down Chris makes a stupid uncalibrated joke, no funny at all, i dont understand super not funny, uncalibrated...gi jane was a movie from back in the days when demi more was hot, an soldier girl shave her head for the role... will smith wife has some type of illness were hair falls off... chris made a horrible uncalibrated stupid ass no funny joke at all on how she will be starting in gi jane part 2, will laughs in good spirit wife pissed and looks at him pissed for laughing, he gets up and slaps chrism pretty pathetic... will smith is pissed and angry, yelling keep wife out of your mouth... today he apologizes in Instagram, lapd got involve 1000000% no stage... will smith looks retarded, i feel bad for chris he looks bad also...both will be fucked for a while for the incident.

Last edited:

Alpha13SC

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I would say it's scripted, but before getting up, Will Smith actually laugh at the joke, like "Wait, was this the moment where I should have slapped him? Better late than never"
Tbh, the joke would have been good if Jada Smith wouldn't suffer from her illness.

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I dunno, if it's staged it's a bit dumb - but Chris's body language before he got slapped looked like he was bracing - head down, chin forward, brings the rear leg forward just before the slap comes. You'd expect him to be trying to engage with Will in some way not holding himself rigid in that position.

Even if it was staged, so Will is now playing the angry cuck, not a great role to be in ..

climbingup

Space Monkey
space monkey
The thing is, Will Smith has been acting for about 3 decades now. Chris Rock probably 2 decades also. They are elite actors, they know how to portray emotions, body language, vocal tonality and get people to believe them.

It's just a bit too convenient, don't you guys think?
No one is talking about the Oscars. In fact, no one cares about the Oscars. They realise they need to spice it up.
1. Get Will Smith popular actor who is already in the news about Jada and August Alsina.
2. Chris Rock (A List celebrity) deliberately makes an insensitive joke about Jada. Jada who has been in the spotlight negatively due to her "entanglements".
3. Will Smith goes up there and slaps Chris Rock on live tv. - Everyone in the world knows about Will and Jada's relationship woes. It just had to be them. Most meme worthy moment of 2022.
4. Will Smith shouts and swears at Chris Rock from his seat. - Makes for good tv to see the reaction of other celebrities.
5. Will Smith wins his first ever Oscar - How convenient!
6. Will Smith makes a teary apology on live TV with an Oscar in his hand - Stirs up our emotions.
7. Will Smith goes to afterparty. Videos of him celebrating, rapping and dancing at this after party are all online.

It's like a Hollywood movie. Mean man insults a hero's wife. The hero stands up and slaps the mean man. Defending his wife's honour. The hero then goes on to win his FIRST ever Oscar. Hero gives a teary apology and celebrates his victory at an afterparty.

Hollywood has basically done two things:
1. Brought the Oscar's back to everyone's attention.
2. Made the most meme worthy moment of 2022.

Don't you think it's all a bit too convenient?
One thing that you'll see from case studies of celebrities especially those at the highest levels. The way they maintain and build more popularity is through what is called a "redemption arc". Look at RDJ for example. A popular celebrity goes through a phase of doing stupid stuff, it reaches a climax, they apologise, and then they come back even more popular than ever.

What's the worst thing that can happen to a celebrity? No one cares about them. On hearing their name, it triggers no emotion. Will Smith's name now gives people an emotional reaction. They've achieved that. He's brought the Oscars back into people's minds.

The LAPD charges were never going to be pressed, it's all about appearances. At the very highest level of Hollywood, it's all about portraying an image to the general public, lies are simply tools to be used when convenient. Will Smith right now is going through a redemption arc in terms of media popularity and relevancy. His career will come back stronger.

PR companies have multi-year, multi million dollar plans when it comes to portraying an A-List celebrity's media. They do these redemption arcs.

Here is a saved article from the 21st of February this year, talking about leaked emails detailing a controversial event that will take place between Chris Rock and Will Smith that had already been discussed and agreed upon. They are other links like that also.

Last edited:

climbingup

Space Monkey
space monkey
Maybe it is all real to be honest. Idk, I guess even A list celebrities are human.

Reactions: Ree

Tim Iron

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I just realised today that the whole thing might have actually been real. My opinion is this (if it were real): now that people know that Will can act like this and USA is a very litigatious society, it is likely that someone would do the same thing that Chris Rock did (while secretly video recording the slap) and then sue him for some thousands of dollars... and the trend could continue.

USA society doesn't cordone an insult for a slap... it has to be an insult for an insult.... especially when you are a wealthy celebrity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ree
>