Solo Daygame tips?

Gamenoob92

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey guys! Anyone on here who does solo daygame? The problem is I don't really have a good wingman. I only know two guys who are into pickup. One is my flatmate and I have great vibe with him. We are old friends and we have a blast most of the time when we do go out. But he is not very motivated and I spend a lot of time trying to convince him to come out with me regularly.

The second guy goes out often, but not to sound too judgmental but there is something really unsettling about him. Every time I was out with him, I come back feeling heavy and sad. It seems like we are doing something very serious when I approach with him and it is not fun at all and I end up fucking up my vibe and not approaching many girls.

I feel very frustrated and stuck sometimes, I really want to not have to depend on anyone to go out and daygame. I have attempted solo daygame a few times and have never approached more than 7 in any of my sessions. And I never hit a good vibe solo and it is always drudgery. Any tips from you guys on how to daygame solo would be great!

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I am hardcore solo daygame - never been a big fan of wings, either. Ironically, when I first started approaching I didn't want anybody else around me (that I knew) so I could save myself some embarrassment if I was rejected XD

Anyway, it looks like you're only thinking of the drawbacks of not having a wing and not looking enough at the benefits of going out solo; I've always found that going out solo put a lot of pressure on me to actually approach because, well, I was out there alone for a REASON. I'm more focused and have better energy simply because I have an intention to approach. Also, I'm in control of what I want to do - nobody else is around me dictating where I'm going or anything else; I have complete freedom to approach who I want, when, and how.

If small mindset shifts like this don't help you then just try to take baby steps and week-by-week or day-by-day add new goals; if the max you can approach is 7 then try changing it to 8 OR stick with 7 but stay in the conversation a little bit longer. Try changing up what you're going to focus on day-by-day, change your approach tactics, experiment with different openers, etc. :)

Gamenoob92

Space Monkey
space monkey
I am hardcore solo daygame - never been a big fan of wings, either. Ironically, when I first started approaching I didn't want anybody else around me (that I knew) so I could save myself some embarrassment if I was rejected XD

Anyway, it looks like you're only thinking of the drawbacks of not having a wing and not looking enough at the benefits of going out solo; I've always found that going out solo put a lot of pressure on me to actually approach because, well, I was out there alone for a REASON. I'm more focused and have better energy simply because I have an intention to approach. Also, I'm in control of what I want to do - nobody else is around me dictating where I'm going or anything else; I have complete freedom to approach who I want, when, and how.

If small mindset shifts like this don't help you then just try to take baby steps and week-by-week or day-by-day add new goals; if the max you can approach is 7 then try changing it to 8 OR stick with 7 but stay in the conversation a little bit longer. Try changing up what you're going to focus on day-by-day, change your approach tactics, experiment with different openers, etc. :)
Thanks Richard. Maybe you are right, I am just focusing on the negative aspects of solo daygame. The only problem is the time between sets, if I have a wing I am talking and joking around with him, if I am alone I get in my head and start having negative thoughts especially if an approach was awkward or went badly etc.

And also with a wingman I feel that when one of us gets blown out we joke about it and its like having another guy who is also doing that with you makes me feel not weird. It's all in my head. But on the other hand I know solo daygame builds amazing strength of character and emotional mastery and I just feel like its the pinnacle of freedom a man can experience. To be able to just walk around the streets and talks to anyone he pleases :) I want to get there and I will. Have a few exams coming up and it started snowing so taking a bit of a break but I am going to be out prowling the streets soon :)

Gamenoob92

Space Monkey
space monkey
Solo daygame is honestly the best kind - it looks much less suspicious and more natural than trying to go out with a wing and doing it.

Pick a time, of about 1-2 hours, set a timer, and just go do it. Don't stop until time's up.
Thanks! I am going to try this. When I am out solo the #1 problem I have is the time between sets. I chicken out of a few sets and the time gap between sets leads to negative thought loops. Do you face that problem? Do you keep a rule on the amount of time between opens as well?

Cody Lyans

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Yeah, other people will influence your mood and this can have a big impact on your own motivation. What I would do is initially go out myself and try to build a social circle of a few girls who advise you on things to do and places to go.
Then you won't need to rely on the guys own missions aligning with yours, cuz the girls will fill the gap.

Then you are basically leading your own thing, which will empower you

Mr STIF

Space Monkey
space monkey
Solo Day game improves your conversational techniques which is essential to doing pick up. Simply go somewhere where no one knows You and approach tons of sets. It's a sweet feeling that you'll love.

Zanardi

Space Monkey
space monkey
I always did solo daygame and it's not a bad as it sounds. Yes, there are dead times (sometimes for me it took an hour of roaming downtown empty streets), but this is life. I don't know about you, but in these idle times, my brain starts to make associations and points me to problems or things to improve in other areas of life. So, it's not that bad.

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Maybe you could make the community here + youtube your support and fire..
- read day game field rapports
- watch videos of people doing it - eg yad from daygame.com gives a really good energy in it. and or people whose approach you like. Matt artesan and the likes. zan perion has some good unique pointers too even if his amorati gang is a bit meh.
- Rally people in here. build a group of people in messenger or alike you do it with.
- There are a few groups you can join around. many of them are meh though imo. but some are tight.
- Even have a shout out thread where you write - im going out, focus is... actually i would be in to support. Im sure maybe good and active day gamers like @Grand Pooba @Kvothe @Bacchus an others will spit in too.
- Slowly build a local group of girls like cozy says on the side in it all - girls love being part of these sorta things - maybe even start out as a curious explorer of new parts of the city where girls go - eg find those cafes full of hot girls due to location and ambience etc. metro stops next to uni or business schools, certain gyms etc. You just need one to get things rolling.

try different things and see how they get you in the right moods and build a good setup

to get past the not approaching enough and being stuck i would advice to train some various approach training drills:
  1. Open random sets to warm up - just shoot his and ask directions. then a follow up reaction to them. then exit as you dont want to stay too long. this can help you unstifle and warm up for actual approaching. or be something you do to get more mingly.
  2. Say hi to fifty people in a row - just roll by and shoot his. trust me this has lot of tension in it and will move you into those tensions cleaning some of it up.
  3. open with simple things like - excuse me what is the time? do eg rounds of 3 x 5 to get into a good rythm. this one you can rehearse you vibe and fundamentals. i like to use it to insure im more in my body and get my focus down there. Which has significant impact.
  4. open with compliments just to give it. or observances with eg a good reflective pointer or alike.
each escalates the tension and focus a little. so youll get a progressive buildup. do this for a few days or across a week and it can significantly move your mood.

Last edited:

Kvothe

Modern Human
Modern Human
I also prefer solo daygame. It’s a lot harder to get the ball rolling, but once you do it can get addicting. Second Richard’s comment that you save embarrassment from people you know seeing you loool.

One thing I do is combine approaching with chores, like getting groceries, or walking to meet a friend. Give yourself enough buffer so that you can wander a little bit and meet some girls, so you’re not in a rush.

Gamenoob92

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks guys. I actually am building up a solo daygame habit. Have approached at least one girl everyday for 19 days in a row now despite having exams this month. I am struggling a bit with a particular dilemma about opening during daygame and I have posted it in the general section titled "Overcoming Fear vs Learning Game". Would be great if @Bacchus @Glow @Grand Pooba @Kvothe or any others could give me their thoughts. I just read @Bacchus articles on opening without the direct compliment in daygame today. Would be great to hear his thoughts on this.

>