Texting, how to keep interest for a date in 12 days?

jeff_64

Space Monkey
space monkey
Met a girl online that had already liked my profile. Seems to be pretty interested, got her number and have already successfully set up a date, it's just a lot further in the future than I'm used to. I was planning for this weekend but she's got a trip she mentioned right before I asked her so we planned and setup for the week after.

My question is on what I should do to maintain interest. I was planning to potentially not text her until the day before or day of the date if it had been this week, but with 12 days it seems like too long not to text at all in between the day of the date. Thankfully she's not a heavy texter, which is how I am as well. What do you guys think? Would I be better off not texting at all until near the date just to reconfirm, or should I do some sort of light texting occassional throughout those 12 days in order to maintain/build rapport? Should be fine to not text during her trip either way I'd imagine.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Met a girl online that had already liked my profile. Seems to be pretty interested, got her number and have already successfully set up a date, it's just a lot further in the future than I'm used to. I was planning for this weekend but she's got a trip she mentioned right before I asked her so we planned and setup for the week after.

My question is on what I should do to maintain interest. I was planning to potentially not text her until the day before or day of the date if it had been this week, but with 12 days it seems like too long not to text at all in between the day of the date. Thankfully she's not a heavy texter, which is how I am as well. What do you guys think? Would I be better off not texting at all until near the date just to reconfirm, or should I do some sort of light texting occassional throughout those 12 days in order to maintain/build rapport? Should be fine to not text during her trip either way I'd imagine.
Just every morning say good morning with sun emoji, don't put pressure on yourself, do that till the date

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
@Skills .....every morning? I would just do it every 3 days or something.

Also to OP what i would have done is not set it up right away, but tell her "Let's have a look when you get back" or something. My soft limit for setting up dates is 5 days out and my absolute hard limit is 7 days. I have 2 girls i am setting up dates with this weekend and even then i'm stretching it out so it wont be more than 4 days out when we hard close.

jeff_64

Space Monkey
space monkey
Just every morning say good morning with sun emoji, don't put pressure on yourself, do that till the date
Just the same message every day? Wouldn't that come off somewhat boring like I'm a personal alarm clock? Also are you meaning to just send the message and dip, or respond to what they reply to this text as well?

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Create an interesting, tension filled conversational thread with her if you haven't already and keep the same thread going for the next 12 days. Do not close it.

Reply once or twice every 1-2 days from her last reply. This should be sustainable for you rather than high frequency texting every day. You'll only need to send her 6-12 more texts.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Just the same message every day? Wouldn't that come off somewhat boring like I'm a personal alarm clock? Also are you meaning to just send the message and dip, or respond to what they reply to this text as well?
I did it every morning not at the same time I did it between 8-12 pm, if she engage I would answer... it worked really well for me

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
This is another option but most dudes will fuck this up

jeff_64

Space Monkey
space monkey
Create an interesting, tension filled conversational thread with her if you haven't already and keep the same thread going for the next 12 days. Do not close it.

Reply once or twice every 1-2 days from her last reply. This should be sustainable for you rather than high frequency texting every day. You'll only need to send her 6-12 more texts.
That sounds pretty good, and wouldn't really require much of a transition as we already kinda text like that anyways.

Reactions: fog

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
That sounds pretty good, and wouldn't really require much of a transition as we already kinda text like that anyways.
Great. As long as you don't say anything stupid that kills attraction, the next 12 days should be pretty easy to manage

jeff_64

Space Monkey
space monkey
Great. As long as you don't say anything stupid that kills attraction, the next 12 days should be pretty easy to manage
True that haha. Should I just not bother skipping any texting during their trip? It made sense to not bother since someone on a fun trip wouldn't really wanna spend time texting(or at least that's how I would feel), but if we're talking 1-2 messages over the trip it's probably not a huge deal.

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
True that haha. Should I just not bother skipping any texting during their trip? It made sense to not bother since someone on a fun trip wouldn't really wanna spend time texting(or at least that's how I would feel), but if we're talking 1-2 messages over the trip it's probably not a huge deal.
I'm talking 6-12 messages over the trip. But space those messages out so youre sending her 1 or 2 texts every 1-2 days.

Like dis:

June 1
You: blalabla
her: blabal
June 3
You: blabal
her: blala
June 4
You: blalabla
her: balal
You: blala
Her: blabla
If you think you can keep her in a receptive state with more frequent texting, then by all means go for it.

but the spacing out of the texts keeps her waiting to hear back from you while keeping things super low effort and still maintaining attraction.

She won't mind texting on the trip if it's super juicy texting that keeps her engaged and on the seat of her pants

Last edited:

jeff_64

Space Monkey
space monkey
I'm talking 6-12 messages over the trip. But space those messages out so youre sending her 1 or 2 texts every 1-2 days.

Like dis:

If you think you can keep her in a receptive state with more frequent texting, then by all means go for it.

but the spacing out of the texts keeps her waiting to hear back from you while keeping things super low effort and still maintaining attraction.

She won't mind texting on the trip if it's super juicy texting that keeps her engaged and on the seat of her pants
I think that all makes sense. While I think I could come with some decently interesting convo it might take me a while to think up something super juice, I'm pretty out of practice due to medical problems I had been dealing with.

>