The Ladykiller Chronicles

Kvothe

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
2 daygame approaches.

The removal of rust continues, at a faster pace, as expected from an increased level up through practicing verbals. The main issue today was just too large of an inner focus, instead of thinking outward towards the state of the girl. This will disappear too in short while.

Other issue is still AA, I need to approach sooner. I expect part of the reason I feel like I have a hard time inducing the AI is because the induction happens quickly, and I simply wait to long and don't notice it.

Voice quality was decent, pace was too fast, actual conversation was not good. Posture was solid, and both girls stopped for me, before continuing nervously after the initial open. I think they could feel that it was feeling rehearsed, or not truly an in the moment thing by me.

Kvothe

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Saturday Night Update

Went out to a new nighttime venue. I had thought it was going to be a rooftop, but it turned out to be a nightclub. I had a lot of AA, and wasn't really able to do any approaches. A few timid hellos were the best I could manage. It was a little disappointing, especially since I was trying to go out with some wings. So it felt quite bad to fail like that.

After that, I went and did some street nightgame near my apartment. Spent most of that walking around and failing to approach. The main issue was that I self ejected out of sets. I opened these two girls in line, and they started giving me some attitude, which had I been assuming the positive and less in my head, I would have been able to realize they were trying to give me some easy to pass shit tests, that had I dealt with better, would have resulted in huge spikes in attraction.

The lesson was that I just need to start approaching, and sticking in sets as long as possible.

Kvothe

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Sunday Update

Went out and tried doing some day game. First approach wasn't very useful, just a warmup.

Second one was interesting.

As I'm still dealing with a pest situation, I don't actually have any outfits, so I've been wearing the same henley and jeans for the past few days.
Ugh.

#1 Theater Girl

I see this girl walking, she's wearing a tank top which is revealing some very bouncy assets. I walk past her, then turn over my shoulder and open.

Me: Hey, do you know who you look... exactly like?
Her: Who? (with a smile)
Me: This is kind of crazy, but you actually remind me of a girl I used to date... but you have a different energy to you. Are you originally from here?
Her: No, I'm not.
Me: I could tell that actually, you have this energy and enthusiasm to you... Where are you from?
Her: Long Island actually.
Me: Oh so you're basically a New Yorker
Her: I guess so. Where are you from?
Me: Hmmm... Why don't you guess?
Her: No, I'm not going to guess... I'm bad at it
Me: I'm actually from California
Her: Ohhhh, okay, I'm not sure if you even count as a New Yorker ;)

And so the initial part goes as usual. But with her seeming more flirty with me. Unfortunately, I'm not really able to reply in a good manner here. I think rust, mixed with fear led to my rapport skills dropping.

We talk for a little bit while we walk. And she tells me how she's a theater director, with me using this to talk about how as a director, the importance of building relationships with people to build trust, so they can really let go and play their part in the moment.

As we part, I tell her we should continue the conversation, and she asks if she can have my instagram, but I suggest trading numbers instead. So we do, and I awkwardly try to shake hands. I realize now that it probably isn't worth it to shake hands if I trade names much later, that causes it to feel weird. Shaking hands is the better move if trading names happens early in the interaction.

Kvothe

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Monday/Tuesday update:

Kvothe

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Today I went out with the goal of getting one hook. Unfortunately I was dealing with some AA and had a difficult time getting the approaches going, so only ended up with one approach.

I sat on a bench in the park, next to a girl, while some people were preaching into a loudspeaker. I start by asking her what they are preaching about, and then turn to face her as I start. She politely makes some small talk with me as I try to turn it into an RPO of coming into the park to work when there's beautiful weather while basking in the shade of the trees. It falls flat. I think I would have been better off just doing something else like this:

Me: Hey, I have something important to tell you...
Her: Hmmm?
Me: Have you ever noticed how amazing it is... to come out to the park on days like this... sit in the cool shade, and work... while listening to all the noise and energy, feeling it infuse your own life?

This may have incited a better discussion.

The other issue was that I turned away from the girl after opening, but before really hooking, to look back at the preaching people, which caused the girl to go back to her task at hand. This led to her feeling like the interaction was just small talk. I need to be careful with breaking rapport like that. I effectively punished her for doing something good (talking to me). No wonder it fizzled out.

Kvothe

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Saturday update:

Did a few approaches. Only two that are really worth discussing.

I was dressed in my usual pest outfit. Dark black slim fit jeans, grey henley, and zipped chelseas.

See this girl as I leave my apartment. I turn around and realize I need to approach the first girls I see to build the micro momentum. I open with the usual opener. And then I start talking and we go over some usual SOTs. Main things here are that I wasn't very smooth, both on opener, and in how I followed up.

Anyway, it ended up that she wasn't single, so...

Was at a rooftop bar, and a girl sits next to me and my friend. He goes up to take a picture, and I just open with a simple "How's your day going?". She's super open, and we have a fun conversation, with me being much more smooth and quick on my feet. I'm able to use trance words, weasel phrases, and build better SOTs. Unfortunately, the girl came out here with her boyfriend, so another one lost. But good practice all the same.

Kvothe

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Other useful notes.

My approach I've been doing, going with the

Me: Hey, do you know you look exactly like?
Her: Who?
Me: You actually remind of a girl I used to date

This is actually super gamey. One way to realize this is because the girl usually ends up laughing, which is a signal that it feels more like a pick up line than an genuine observation. So instead, I should either go with the "Do you know who you look like" followed by a reasonable celebrity, or use "Woah! You remind me exactly of my ex girlfriend". The latter is best for when a girl pops up at you at a random time, while the other is better for more lowkey ways.

Other tips for me to focus on. I need to start approaching, regardless of having the perfect approach or not. To that end, if I get an AI, I MUST approach. Immediately. I should also focus on eye contact, making sure that I get the girl to look away first.

Kvothe

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Met up with @Lobo today for a bit.

Unfortunately, I’m dealing with AA still, I’ve been doing TRE and other body oriented therapy to remove the tension but it will likely take a bit longer to remove the recent stuff.

Only ended up doing one approach. Was walking and saw a girl coming in my direction, so stared at my phone until the right moment, then looked up, feigning a little surprise, and told her she looked exactly like my ex girlfriend. She stopped and I rainbow rused her not being from around here.

Mistake was forgetting to ask the Golden question and build her investment in the interaction. When I asked for her number she said she was too new to the city and wasn’t trying to meet people. I should have done some pacing and leading here, but didn’t think of it. Mixed with the lack of Golden question I think that explains the lack of a number from a potentially good set. Still was a solid open and delivery with a hook. So I technically met my goal for the day.

Missed a bunch of approach opportunities. Also need to work on noticing AI’s. I can notice them for other people apparently haha, but need to work on noticing them for myself.

Also focused on smiling at cute girls who made eye contact with me. Was able to get two smiles reflected back at me. Part of improving eye contact.

Last edited: