To Chase (specifically) and others: I feel like I'm in the same place for years?

killerman

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Re: To Chase (specifically) and others: I feel like I'm in the same place for ye

2 numbers a day, everyday of the week, every week is a lot, but it's great that you're pushing yourself. Keep sticking at it. I personally love setting myself goals but sometimes I do get a little carried away and ask a little too much of myself by going to extremes, realistically speaking, which is why I have to backtrack things a little bit. Making small increments really is a great thing, as let's say you want to get real fucking good at jazz guitar, so you set yourself a target of learning 1 new chord a day, every day of the year. That's just 1 chord a day but over the course of the year you've learnt 365 chords! Which is a shitload of chords. Then once you've got into a habit of learning a new chord a day you can a week later, add something new to the routine, like practice all arpeggio shapes in 3 different keys every day for 30 minutes. Then once you've into the habit of doing that everyday you set the stakes a little higher by adding something else. Making small steady increments is always better than adding 10 new things everyday because you're giving yourself time to get used to things. And little things done every day and making steady increments can amount to HUGE amounts over a small period of time, let alone after a year.

Anyway, setting goals and achieving them is awesome. I love to do it, and it's always a pleasure when you look back at the end of the day and realise you ticked off all the boxes. You then look forward to the next day so you can repeat the process. Remember much of success is based on lots and lots of repetition. Tyler from RSD was talking about how RSD is where it is now because he made sure that he got through everything everyday without fail. Have you thought about making a spreadsheet? You can put all the stuff you're meant to get through there, and just tick the boxes when you get through them. Also have a comments box so you can write your feelings on how you're getting on with the tasks and whether you're improving, state what needs to be improved, done better etc. It can really help. I for one love lists so I'm always making and constructing new routines and schedules to get through everyday. You've just got to do 2 things: make a solid plan of what needs to be done, and then make sure you get it done. Then raise the stakes every week gradually (or every few days if you find you're a quick learner or find it easy to integrate and add new stuff to your life). Anyway, good luck!

>