[Urgent Help] How do I connect with a girl (who likes me) in my class to move things forward from general small talk to building personal connection?

onmywway14

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hello, everyone.

I am just starting out on this journey of understanding pickup/game. And, needed some solid advice on how to progress things forward.

The thing is I am in college right now, and there's this girl with whom I have a class together. It's only been a few days/classes, and we happen to sit together more often. She had first initiated the conversation, and we talked about some general mundane stuff. I feel like she finds me cute, as she is always the one who initiates the conversation and tries to get my attention during the class by flipping her hair towards me, etc. or asking simple questions about the class. So, far I have only managed to make small talk with her and we have only shared few laughs together. The only time I see her is during the class. I know the ultimate goal should be to ask her on a date.

But, I think we are still in the initial stage of getting to know each other in class, and have not build a strong connection. On the other hand, I know that taking it slow is also an attraction killer. So, my question is what should do I talk about with her so that I can connect with her more and progress things forward quicker? How do I build rapport quicker? How do I talk about more personal stuff rather than having small talk and just fooling around?

Smiling_Stray

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Well, she seems like she really likes you. I mean, she initiates conversation most of the time from what it sounds like and it sounds like you two talk enough to clearly both want to spend more time together. Honestly? I've gotten girls out on dates with less, just ask her out. It should come up naturally in conversation (or at least should look that way, because you should actually be steering it towards the ask) and it should be on a high note (when you're both in a good mood, bonus points if you're both laughing shortly before the ask). Something simple, like a cup of coffee. It's really not much more of a big deal than getting a number so don't sweat it. This ain't a wedding proposal :p

In terms of connection and faster escalation, there's plenty on the main site about this but here's what I can suggest for you from what I've read:

In case you haven't already read up on it either, I would also suggest you get a grasp of dealing with LMR. It sucks to make it to the finish line and not get to cross so be ready for that too.

Best of luck,
Just make sure you spread you attention to other women as well. Best not to get too hung up on someone before you've made the sale ;)

onmywway14

Space Monkey
space monkey
Well, she seems like she really likes you. I mean, she initiates conversation most of the time from what it sounds like and it sounds like you two talk enough to clearly both want to spend more time together. Honestly? I've gotten girls out on dates with less, just ask her out. It should come up naturally in conversation (or at least should look that way, because you should actually be steering it towards the ask) and it should be on a high note (when you're both in a good mood, bonus points if you're both laughing shortly before the ask). Something simple, like a cup of coffee. It's really not much more of a big deal than getting a number so don't sweat it. This ain't a wedding proposal :p

In terms of connection and faster escalation, there's plenty on the main site about this but here's what I can suggest for you from what I've read:

In case you haven't already read up on it either, I would also suggest you get a grasp of dealing with LMR. It sucks to make it to the finish line and not get to cross so be ready for that too.

Best of luck,
Just make sure you spread you attention to other women as well. Best not to get too hung up on someone before you've made the sale ;)
Thanks for your input, especially the "try not to get hung up on this one girl". I do want to ask her out, but I'm afraid if she might reject it when we are just starting out to know each other. It should not be a big deal, but then we would have to see each other for the rest of the semester, and that she might even tell other girls that I asked her out. So, I am really split between taking it slow, and building trust and comfort, and then asking her out, or just asking her out, and hope it doesn't taint my image in the class, and also ruin my chances with other girls.

How should I handle if she rejects the suggestion of going out together? What do I say? Should I then stop talking to her? Act like it never happened? How do I maintain my image in the classroom?

Smiling_Stray

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Alright look, I've been there, but she's not the queen of England or anything (not that you'd be into that, no judgement if ya are, fuck if I know). She's just another girl. They're cute, silly, and love to have to fun.

We can sit around thinking "what if" this and "what if" that or we can stop thinking and just push through it toward a future we want (could just be getting laid, could be a future wife. Never know). Just do it. Nothing else is really going to be affected by you asking her out other than her interest in you and your relationship status or body count. Remember, everyone who is someone has a life. They're too busy living it to point fingers and laugh at someone getting rejected. If you take it slow, I 100% guarantee that you'll just end up friend zoned. There's no other way through to the outcome you want here, move now or just be friends and never anything more.

This article has all the answers to your questions, including some of the one's I've already answered. I highly suggest you give this one a read, even if you don't read any of my other suggestions or take any of my advice.
https://www.girlschase.com/how-to-ask-a-girl-out

Last edited:
>