"We've been trained to suppress our instincts and wait for clear rules to follow"

DownEarth

Space Monkey
space monkey
"We've been trained to suppress our instincts and wait for clear rules to follow"

This is exactly how I feel.

This is from an article by Chase, here it is: https://www.girlschase.com/article/7-factors-behind-2020s-dating-collapse

This is what I believe I've been experiencing ever since I hit puberty so many years ago. I'm 42. Very little women in my life in all those years. I feel very bad, especially considering my age.

Ever since I discovered women around age 12, but especially as I progressed through my teen years and my twenties, I noticed "rules" and "red flags" from the feminist guardian watch-dog that seem to suppress my instincts and left me waiting for clear "rules" to follow" which never came, because the rules society foists upon us men (women too, right?) are NOT clear, they're convoluted non-sense that somehow we're expected to follow if we want to succeed. That stuff (can I say the S word here?) is very intimidating because if you're off even by just a hair, you could be considered a wrong sort of man. A creep.

That is the single biggest reason why I've never been with a woman before. And why I teared up when I read the line from his article that I quoted above.

Last edited:

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I'm 42. Very little women in my life in all those years. I feel very bad, especially considering my age.
I'm in my 40s as well, and starting over from scratch after 10 years out of the game. I'm not gonna lie, it's not easy!

But it's also a lot of FUN! And we still have a whole decade ahead of us before the game gets harder.
left me waiting for clear "rules" to follow" which never came, because the rules society foists upon us men (women too, right?) are NOT clear, they're convoluted non-sense that somehow we're expected to follow if we want to succeed.
Yeah, it's confusing as hell out there. We're lucky that we found "rules" that actually work! They're all over Chase's blog and this forum.

You can just snap and make a decision to redesign yourself, your body, your fashion, the way you talk, and everything else in your life.

Welcome to the Adventure!

-Karea Ricardus.

>