What are the Fundamentals? The one skill to rule them all

Chrance

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Here’s a hilarious experiment. Go to the search box and look up “fundamentals”. Then everywhere you read the word ‘fundamentals’ replace it with your favorite word or symbol. My preferred word is fag. Go ahead and insert that symbol in there and see what comes of it. You’ll notice immediately that no matter which case you choose the sentence or paragraph remains just as comprehensible as before. Examples:

fags are like money. never is enough.”

“Anyways, I slacked on the fags and failed to ask either one out.”

“Note to self: Fags list - for growing an attractive presence w. good fags”

“I'm confident my fundamentals are not a problem given that i get a lot of approach invitations and i get approached directly as well.”

30 seconds later...

1ae.gif

trolling aside, it looks like “fundamentals” is a magic word, there to explain all things unexplainable, like “god”, “karma” and “chance”. Or perhaps my faith is weak and I need converting

Let’s fix this once and for all.

When I think of fundamentals here’s what I think of:
1. You can approach babes you actually like - if not, you have 0% chance of sleeping with a girl you like; enjoy adding whales to your notch count.
2. Assuming the girl likes you, you can take the girl somewhere alone (ie a sex location) - if not, no sex for you
3. Assuming you are alone together, you can get her aroused, her clothes off and your dick inside her - if not, enjoy rubbing out those blue balls!

These are all things that you must do to get it in. But I’m aware there may be more, such as physique, vocal tone, clean teeth, and others.

I invite you all to share, discuss or argue what you know to be the fundamentals.
That way all young and impressionable puas can know, once and for all, what it is that must be learned first.

- Chrance

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
“I'm confident my fundamentals are not a problem given that i get a lot of approach invitations and i get approached directly as well.”

Fundamentals are 1 of the 3 pillars that make up attraction.

1). Fundamentals are all the non-verbal things you have control over.
  • How you move, walk, sound, look at people, body language, facial expressions, physique, hairstyle, facial hair, and fashion sense.
2). Genetics are all the non-verbal things you don't have control over.
  • Face, Height, Race, Intelligence.
3). Game is the verbal things you have control over.
  • Your Personality and sense of humor.

Last edited:

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Yeah its a bit of a commonly used by everyone unexplained - like a code you need to know. But realise its because its key and that it consists of many key elements that people actually agree on.

If you simplify it and look at it from a positive angle - fundamentals are all the underlying elements you can mobilise in the direction for a better impact on girls that lifts everything you do to a higher level. This means you get a passive value or passive attractiveness from improving these - which you wan to do until youve made these into an unconscious thing you do. That said some you can add for specific impacts to lift on command.

@Velasco gives a good perspective. Heres another:

At the basics these consist for example of
- Your movement - eg. you can actively slow it down. moving less, taking space, having a slight tension in your muscles. Good posture. Mix it in with a Purposefulness in your movement. Beyond words from lovesystems is one of the better products out there on the matter, aknowledged by many.
- Your voice - eg. for most guys coming from deeper within, calmer with a pace that is firm and smooth
- Your vibes - coming from your sense of being and feelings in moments. Whether youre freaking out or clamly enjoying her makes a difference in relation to the same line as to how its conveyed. So this means owning your own states by eg cleaning out insecurities and fears, and learning to mobilise more attractive vibes.
- Your style and look and how that invites - you can optimise and become more eye candyish for women through style. Just like we like to see them in certain ways they like to see us in certain ways.

More advanced levels
- Your spatial awareness and sense of that space, attunement to it and various dynamics therein eg the sense of connection to women, attraction and sexual connection. How you sense her and move in or stimulate through appearance.
- Your appearance understood in a broader sense of how you radiate, how you appear in space, how you pose in her line of vision, how you understand what doings creates captivation and attraction merely from your vibe and presence around her. How you use tension to convey things on another level.

I write for example cause several models will work. the above are just the ones i used to focus on.

Last edited:

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Chrance-

There is obviously the generic "fundamentals", which just means the foundation of any single thing you want to get good at.

Typically, different people will have different definitions for what they consider "fundamentals."

The way I defined it, and the way that a lot of folks on the main site and here now think of it, is as Velasco says: nonverbal elements that are not specific actions you take to seduce a woman, but rather are either passive value or movements/expressions and also social aptitudes and awareness that increase your attractiveness to other people.

When you looked at early guys in the seduction niche, everything was completely focused on game. It was all either:

• Routine-based game
  • Jokey/cocky funny game
  • Natural game

The focus was almost entirely on what you said, with a little on what you did (touch her here, move her there, position yourself that place, etc.).

What I noticed was that many of the pickup gurus I was watching and meeting and training with were extremely charismatic, attractive guys, who could say almost anything and pull it off because they had all these nonverbal pieces working in their favor.

You'd compare them with any ordinary guy, trying to walk up to just say all the words and take the explicit actions of the master PUA, and realize even if the guy knew the exact words and techniques he was still going to have this enormous difference in how effective he was (i.e., he wasn't going to get those same results).

That difference between the highly skilled practitioner and the amateur trying to do and say the same thing as the high skilled guy were what I started calling the guy's fundamentals... because if you lack those underlying attractive qualities, it doesn't matter what you say or do, the girl is not going to be attracted enough to want to listen or go along with it.

I noticed most of the top level guys almost never talked about this side of things at all, or if they did they talked about it maybe once, then all the rest of their focus went on the words and actions. So, to the student, the impression would be "Hmm, this is sort of important, maybe, but the main thing is the words."

Then he would go out and say all the words and do all the actions over and over again, with terrible fundamentals (hunched over posture, mumbling voice, bad eye contact, awkward touch, bad clothes, bad hair, uncomfortable facial expressions, unconfident body language, poor social awareness, and so on), and the words and actions would never work, or only once in a blue moon work (with some equally fundamentals-poor girl).

====

People don't usually think about this.

You walk into a room and see an impressive-looking guy and think, "Wow, that guy is impressive. Something magical about him. He really commands the room."

You don't normally do a breakdown on him and say:

• "Hmm, this guy is dressed extremely well and very attractively.
  • "His hair is very fashionable and suits him perfectly.
  • "His facial hair lends him an air of both power and sexiness.
  • "His posture is dominant and imposing, yet also not stiff.
  • "His movements are deliberate, yet smooth.
  • "His gaze is strong, confident, piercing, yet warm.
  • "His mouth is drawn up into a hint of a smile, but he is not smiling.
  • "His voice is resonant and sexy; it is not harsh; he does not mumble; and the volume of it is exactly right: not too loud, not too quiet, just right.
  • "When he talks to people, you can see he is very good at using touch, how he directs his voice, and who he looks at to get the right people to focus on him.
  • "He also does not seem overeager to get people to pay attention to him or listen to him. He's good at getting attention, without appearing to actively seek it.
  • "He leaves his conversations at just the right time. And he knows exactly how to enter a conversation without looking unwelcome or awkward."

He's doing all that, but you don't think about it. You just see him as a whole package and say "Man, there is something about that guy."

That is the stuff that was historically underdiscussed in seduction circles.

However, when you have those pieces in place, all the things you say and do are much, much more powerful and effective.

That's what most folks mean around here when they speak about fundamentals.

Chase

(also... lol @ replacing 'fundamentals' with 'fags'. Though I think you'd get an equally confusing reaction replacing any specific term with that... "Replace the old fag with a new fag and you'll be off to the races!", 'fag' here being changed for 'spark plug' in a "how to get your car working again when it has up and quit on you" guide ;) )

Carousel

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
In addition to what has been said above:

- Lack of toxic beliefs and thus behavior - also goes for pathological inner dialogue (CBT, meditation)
- Body chemistry (Gun talked a lot about this in his product Way of Gun), avoiding hormonal imbalance from toxins in food, estrogenic foods etc.
- No bodily tension (TRE)
- No facial tension, otherwise you can't be expressive and thus not charismatic, convey your emotions etc (TRE, facial stretches/massage)
- Voice tonality (no tension in diaphragm from TRE)
- Posture (Code of the Natural)
- Mood/state (from TRE and being adequately rested and enough vit B, C, D + amino acids in diet controlling neurotransmitter balance)

Most of this has NOT been very well discussed in the traditional PU literature but I have documented it in the body-oriented therapy thread (in Advanced).

Chrance

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
@Chase lmao about the word switch. You’re right. But to clarify, my purpose with it was to show that when a word has a vague or abstract meaning, then switching it with a variable like X or Y won’t make the sentence any less vague than it already is. “Fag” was not the best choice since that’s a concrete thing we can all imagine vividly lol but I thought “what the hell, haven’t typed that in a while.”

Fundamentals is one of those things that appears to mean something important, but is hard to imagine or is only rarely experienced (or tapped into in my case) with clarity. I’ve been thinking a lot about it, so much so that I’ve started to get headaches, like when you think about a hard math problem for to long and your mind goes into the twilight zone.

Btw thanks for everyone’s responses. The clarifications from everyone’s posts have brought a lot of insight. For my own purposes, I wanted to see if maybe I should make certain fundamentals as goals for when I sarge since they’re so important. For now I’m still thinking about it. I don’t want to incorporate bad goals into my sarges, as I already have enough stupid shit flying around in my head.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
My answer will surprise you..... HYGIENE.... that is the fundamental that if i have to pick rule them all... you do not understand how many cool, strong, good looking guys with bad breath i meet every weekend....

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
Yeah the way you smell is a another non-verbal element that can increase your attractiveness. Specifically wearing good smelling cologne

10:15 (lol)

Never leave home without 2 sprays to the neck, one spray to the chest and a couple sticks of dentyne ice.

Chrance

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Elvis had some solid fundamentals, specifically his facial expressions, body language and voice of course.

He’d be seen as a cool guy even without his fame no matter where he walked on earth

>