Who do you model your voice after?

readjusting

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I was training my voice. Here was what I tried so far:
- Voice coach: Expensive, but good investment. Usually I can have a voice lesson and the coach did 2-3 voice exercises and after a few month I fully digested the lesson
- Singing: Good for developing varied pitch
- Some comments I found on Girlschase website
- Nofap: More baritone voice
- Freelancing as a voice over actor: Making money and practice voice training at the same time, awesome!

Right now I already had above average fashion and body language. I feel compelled to improve my voice to excellent level, the kind of voice like honey to the ears and girls get wet.
My idea is modelling:
- Movie: I watched random movies like "50 shades of gray" or "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"
The voice is good. But I can do better.
What movie do you recommend?

Last edited:

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
nice effort man.

- Morgan freeman is an obvious choice but one to follow imo, not just his dept but his pacing and vibe too
- Liam Neeson
- @Bacchus is inspiring too for me - check his podcasts on GC

A few potential adds
- Wim hoffs circle breathing changed my voice a lot from chest level and air perspective, it feels like a new depth - breath as the source.
- One teacher, videobased i found who i got through vocal training who explains technique very specifically - like using air and vocal chords etc. Just to understand whats going on in there precisely, technically. Just to say here are teachers being more refined and precise worth seeking.

Beyond daily exercises, i like eg thirty day mobile video training approaches for it - just do five min selfie vid each day - the one day will sorta reflect into changes in the next. Sorta easy, fun and works progressively.

Last edited:

Glow

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Another one which was pointed out by @Teevster in here earlier

Beyond the hypnotic techs and skills, His vocal cadence, Tone of voice, rythm, and weight in it is good. I copy pasted him a bit today and it changed my calmness and authority a lot.

Chrance

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
What do you guys think about lighter voices?

Like take Leonardo DiCaprio in the Titanic

I’m not a woman and haven’t done any polling research but I think that that male voice is attractive, like there’s personality in there, and you can experience it by just listening.

I’m not too sure how important depth of voice is

Train

Chieftan
tribal-elder

I’m not a woman and haven’t done any polling research but I think that that male voice is attractive, like there’s personality in there, and you can experience it by just listening.

Whenever I would get self-conscious of my non-deep voice, I'd always think back to Leo's voice.

He pulls off fun, eccentric, dominating characters despite the voice.

If y'all are interested in seeing how a guy can change their voice, look at Supernatural. Jensen Ackles had a light voice in earlier seasons. He made it more deep in later seasons.

Misha Collins, who plays Castiel, makes his voice deeper for the role.

Though, not sure if pushing your voice down like they do is healthy. I've heard it can damage your vocal cords or something. Something to explore in changing your voice.

I think there's natural limitations anyway too. I'll never sound like Barry White, for example.

Bacchus

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

If you want to know the importance of depth. Try a simple experiment.

Play the video and mute the sound. Pay close attention to his body language and facial expressions. Then play the video again, but this time close your eyes and listen very carefully. Does his voice strike you as compelling, fascinating or sexy?

After this experiment you'll realize. . . that same voice coming from a less visually-attractive man, would lack some of the personality and charisma you had previously attributed to it. This is because a nasal/throaty voice does not captivate on the same level as a voice with depth. The goal of this experiment is to show you that voice on it's own, would not separate Leo from the countless other actors. . . who didn't get to star in Titanic.

Instead it was his fundamentals, vibe and good looks, which got him the role of Jack Dawson.

Now, the nose and throat are the 2 cavities most guys speak from. Both lack the resonance of a chest-based voice. . . and anyone who's trained for this voice can tell you it has a broadcasting effect on your virility. I won't deny that changing the way you speak takes effort. But without this effect, most men will end up working harder anyway. . . so they can compensate with the strength of their other fundamentals to arouse women.

Last edited:

Chrance

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
@Bacchus i should have used “higher pitch voice” rather than “lighter voice”.

The experiment you mentioned is almost exactly what I did, leading to posting the video here. I don’t think his voice is super impressive or what got him the role, but I think that deepening (lowering the pitch) his voice wouldn’t make it any more or less attractive.

When I say depth I mean the lowest note the person could hit if they were to sing a scale. Basically, the difference between a bass and a tenor (I used to sing for church), cello and violin.

A well developed chest voice is necessary for a quality voice, projection, etc which is different from having a deeper voice. Deeper voices hit lower notes.

What I don’t get is how a voice that hits lower notes - a deeper voice - has anything to do with attractiveness. This is different from the quality of the voice.

Ive seen some guys in my life who artifically make their voices deeper - like literally lower their pitch to sound like a bass guitar; and other friends with naturally high voices, never noticed it as a problem (nasal/scratchiest/weak yes); this is what brings up these thoughts

Bacchus

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
What I don’t get is how a voice that hits lower notes - a deeper voice - has anything to do with attractiveness. This is different from the quality of the voice.

What I said about depth refers to tonality. I'm not a singer so I can't say much about voice quality.

However, a high-pitched or nasal tonality. . . typically makes a man sound boyish or uptight as he talks. What's more is using that tone in a seduction often involves taking shallow breaths while speaking. Which adds to the implicit impression of nervous immaturity.

But the voice tone which relaxes your listeners, while conveying a sense power and charisma is a deep tonality.

From my experience this is best achieved, by letting the voice emerge from the chest. Talking this way requires taking deeper breaths, allowing the air to fill the lungs more completely. This enables the speaker to feel extra-comfortable and serene as he seduces. . . here's a link to an article you might be interested in reading. It explores the relationship between a deep voice, biological attraction and sexual behavior.

Last edited:
>