Daily Cold Approach Diary Month of October- Day 1

jbold14

Rookie
Rookie
whats up,

First post on the forum, I'm setting a goal to go out approach at least 1 girl everyday for the month of October. my "stretch goal" is to approach 4 a day.
I just quit my job and I really have no other obligations so I have no excuse not to do this.

I'll post daily entries on this thread to keep myself committed. If any of you are consistently going out and approaching, please let me know how it's going for you; I'd love to have some accountability with this.

I'm located in Chicago and doing a mix of daygame on busy streets and going to bars/clubs on the weekends

Day 1 (10/3):

Pussied out. Not much more to say. Had two perfect moments where I could've approached- I walked past a cute girl, almost turned around and stopped her but I didn't force myself to break through the wall of anxiety. I just kept walking.

found a great location though, saw a ton of beautiful women. I'll be back at it tomorrow

Gram

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Jbold, welcome and well done getting started. Just get rejected as much as you can, and write down your interactions.

There is no better way than to write it down to get it out of your head from replaying and to assess what you can do better.

To that end I'd recommend you move this over to Journals so folks can follow your transformation Keep it up!

jbold14

Rookie
Rookie
Thanks guys
Day 2 10/4

Well this shit's harder than I thought... Repeat of yesterdays experience: I walked around for a half an hour and did zero approaches, plenty of opportunity.

Pretty embarrassing to post that but I guess that's the point logging my attempts.
Made eye contact with a absolute babee while playing bball at the park. About slapped myself for not approaching.
We'll get this shit. Tomorrows the day

Gram

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Keep.It.Up. Check out Mark Manson's Models which has a really good reframe on neediness and approaching and making yourself vulnerable to rejection, and why you should. (Spoiler: it's so you don't waste your time on girls who aren't interested or a good fit.)

And don't forget the simple, conversational phrase, "Hi. How is your day going?"

You may want to check out the Newbie assignment which is a slower build but more methodical.

jbold14

Rookie
Rookie
Keep.It.Up. Check out Mark Manson's Models which has a really good reframe on neediness and approaching and making yourself vulnerable to rejection, and why you should. (Spoiler: it's so you don't waste your time on girls who aren't interested or a good fit.)

And don't forget the simple, conversational phrase, "Hi. How is your day going?"

You may want to check out the Newbie assignment which is a slower build but more methodical.
Thanks Gram, I checked out the Newbie assignment. Makes sense to me. I like the idea of slowly building up wins and momentum, I'm just not sure I understand the efficacy of approaching a girl and just saying "hi" or asking if she's single. Dunno, might just be me making excuses, I'll keep it in mind.

Day 3 (10/5)
Spoke to two girls today!
Here's the catch: They we're trying to sell me something. Well, whatever I made an effort to keep the convo going and at least this breaks my streak of not talking to anyone.

I'm going to go out tomorrow with the intention of just approaching a girl, complimenting her, and leaving. This takes away the pressure of having to hold the conversation.

Things I'm doing right:
-building a habit of going out everyday
-repeating a mantra to keep negative thoughts at bay

Things to Improve:
- Dive into the fear and discomfort, don't hesitate for a second

>