Debunking the role of humor in seduction, cocky funny and the grand master style

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
first this is from my current main:

In my experience i prefer to date a man with a sense of humor. Someone who can lighten the mood . Life is serious enough as it is... The last thing i want to hear about is work, problems, religion, & politics."

I decided to write a post about humor, seduction and the right application.... Karea who i never met, made a post about how he had a wing who was very funny and charismatic and never got laid while he got laid....

Most of you will be surprise but i totally agree 100% with Karea article...I am totally the dude Kare talks about in that article ON PURPOSE specially at work and social circle. Skills? wtf! are you for real? yes i am.

But why i thought you got laid? yes i get laid a lot, but i do not want to get laid at work and on my social circle for personal preference, so in those 2 venues i am who karea talks about in the article strategically to not get laid....

So wtf skills do humor works to get laid? good question and the answer is yes and no.

Humor is just an attractive quality just as fashion, fitness, hygiene etc.... Is one of the traits that make you more attractive and charismatic, but does not get you laid DIRECTLY, but it AIDS in getting you laid just like again fitness, hygiene, fashion etc... The reason as is humor is an expression of personality, Witt and social intelligence....

Again humor is a display of your personality which in turns causes attraction and i had many women fall in love with me (part of me is my humor)....

-So ok back to the field so in what stages of the seduction humor works: Humor works very well in seduction cause you are usually not gaming women one on one, you are gaming a group, humor helps tremendously to win over groups and friends. NOte.- I have witness some of the best seducers in the world on chats and forums totally kill an ongoing good vive and energy when they come into chat and forums for example...

- humor can also help you come under the radar and be a bit less intimidating (i am a big muscular scary looking dude)

- humor also helps with opening and hook point stages as even Karea admitts in the article.

- humor totally helps in sales if used correctly.(i personally used cocky funny in sales clients love it and i am tops in every job i had, in some cases without having a clue of what i am doing, this happened when i worked in Microsoft for example, i don't know shit about tech)

Now lets talk about the 2 types of seduction humor, well the first one is cocky/funny develop by david dangelo busting balls in aol (aol it was like a prehistoric facebook, pre myspace, pre instagram, pre dating apps, yes i am showing my age). He used to go there and bust women balls,
he also observe the same thing chase observe in this post that most naturals use a lot of cocky funny busting balls humor...

"The Cocky funny technique popularized by David DeAngelo works because it’s provocative. It gets a girl’s attention and it gets her emotionally engaged. But to use it successfully, you have to balance the two components: cocky and funny.

Just being cocky can come across as offensive and even antagonistic. I remember when I learned about the concept of cocky funny I insulted girls in an attempt to attract them. I said things like, “Oh, you’re a model? Pretty pointless job isn’t it?”

Of course, this came across as combative, it hurt my interactions more than helping them.

This is a common mistake. Guys make it because they don’t understand the subtleties of cocky and funny. You’re not being cocky to show off how cool you are, you’re being cocky to show that you don’t take things too seriously.

Cocky funny isn’t about being arrogant, it’s actually the opposite. When you say something outrageously self-aggrandizing or something that makes fun of the girl you’re talking about, it’s not supposed to seem like a true statement, it should be tongue-in-cheek, slightly ironic, even mischievous.

I remember I heard a guy tell a girl, “Why do you like me so much?” and it worked great, so I decided I’d try the same line myself.

But when I used it, it came off as try-hard and weird. I wasn’t being cocky funny for the fun of it, I was doing it to get a reaction from the girl. I wanted the technique to make her like me more.

Women can sense when a guy is trying to get something from them, they can smell an agenda like a shark can smell blood. So, when you try to use cocky funny as a method of impressing a girl, it doesn’t work, its off-putting.

You can say the best cocky funny lines ever concocted, but if you say them for the wrong reasons, if it’s not coming from a place of offering value and lightheartedness, it will make women less attracted to you, not more."

^ from being on many forums, in person and chats there are many problems with calibrations, most puas think they are funny and they are not (just look at the forum posters making dumb jokes and saying haha! with funny faces), they also force it, and they try too hard... They are usually using humor as a technique and to get reactions... (do you like me, do you think i am funny, please like me)

^ this in turn is the main problem with the humor, humor should be develop and something internal for your OWN AMUSEMENT, your own party and fun vs a technique, a lot of times jokes will bomb, and i just keep talking and change the subject, not even professional comedians can be funny even 90%.

The second style is the grandmaster style, funny thing is one of my nicknames is actually "grandmaster" cause at work we had a board to put your name for your turn to play pool, and i was one of the worst at pool... (so to intimidate my opponent i would put in the board "grandmaster")
when they realized i sucked at pull they would laugh and joke around since again i sucked at pool.

so what is the grandmaster style:

Contributed to ASF by Nathan Szilard, this is the description of the technique used by a PUA acquaintance of his nick-named Grand Master Flash’s. Hence the name GM technique. The key here is smutty sex jokes and continuous humorous sex-talk with keen attention to how the girl reacts, so as to forestall any negative reactions (and you can be sure, there will be plenty in the beginning!:) by saying “just kidding”, giving an “apologetic” hug to the girl etc. The reasoning here is this, that if the girl has no chance to express her negative comments about sex-jokes and -comments, this translates in her subconsciousness to agreeing and accepting what is being said. The defences will eventually go down, she has to imagine all the sex-jokes in her mind in order to understand them, and although she might be disgusted or repelled about them in the first place, she won’t be able to express her negativism, her mind is bombarded with more sexual references, she just keeps imagining and before she knows it, nature kicks in and… she’s getting horny:) Simple:) But potentially dangerous as hell – you really need to be in your element with all the sex jokes and keep “just kidding” in time not to get slapped in the beginning etc. otherwise you could fail miserably:) Nathan Szilard on GM Flash and his technique, ASF: “That’s his aggressive style. Basically he told them he wanted to fuck from the beginning. He had the attitude that he could satisfy them sexually. He had the confidence that says he does this all the time. He was in their face. He was making them excited. He was stimulating them like they are not USED TO being stimulated. If they were going to resist, they would have resisted when he first told them what he wanted from them. There is the INCORRECT assumption that chicks don’t like DICK! They love it and they want it! The problem is they want it from the guys they want it from. All he has to do is offer them the SECOND best thing… sexual satisfaction as opposed to sex with a man they WANT! He doesn’t even have to satisfy them:) It’s too late by the time he’s fucking them! All he has to do is make them BELIEVE that if they get with him he is going to fuck them WELL! They couldn’t resist because at some point they became HORNY and wanted that RELEASE!”

^ I first heard of grandmaster philosophy in 2 places, Teevester got laid when younger in a party using grandmaster, and in gunwitch method question and answer.... This was my style for years on texting and i learned it from Howard stern, but i did it totally different cause the nitpick i have with the grandmaster style, is that sometimes is too direct, and i do not like "i am just kidding" stuff.... For example if you take a look at Russel Brand (who is a good seducer and can get away with it, but i think is more cause he is polarizing and sexual stereotype and street/bad boy cred) he is too direct as you can see in this video (5:23) which i don't think is ideal, indirect is better:

^ But grandmaster works and works well SPECIALLY on text, even the puahaters, have hundreds of screen shots of online/facebook/instagram experiments using grandmaster style....

My personal more sophisticated grandmaster style is mixed with cocky and funny, self deprecation(from high value vs loser feel sorry for me), exaggerations, and seriousness, and i use it sporadically vs pounding on it, I have a conversation make a cocky funny joke, or a funny sexual joke...The funny sexual joke can not be too graphic/vulgar/uncalibrated it has to be in good taste but SEXUAL, and you got a come back to seductive or attractive topics, vs plowing with sex joke after sex joke etc... This is ideal one on one i learned from howard stern and neil rogers.... Howard stern is also the best interviewer that can get using humor people to open up in ways that do not open up to anybody else (i can do this too with humor)

Even if you go to any of my lay reports and videos, you see me make a joke back on topic, or if you see my lay reports jokes back on topic, vs plowing on jokes. Here is a video velasco made with the PERFECT application of grandmaster style in my opinion (3:51):

what is the ideal situation to use humor on seduction:

-groups
-meeting her family
- cock blocks
- as shit test response
-as distract and get out of ugly relationship arguments situations.

One one on one seduction ideal for text and online game and open/hook stages then you have to drop it.

and finally this is the best application and i do this A LOT:

By karea:

HOW TO DEEPEN HER SEXUAL TRANCE

There is one exception to all of the above, however – and that is a concept called FRACTIONATION.

In NLP and hypnosis, fractionation means that you take somebody out of an emotional state you want them to be in, just to put them right back under IMMEDIATELY. The second time, the state will be stronger.

So if sexual tension is the state you want her to experience, you can use laughter sparingly to break the tension for an instant… only to go right back into the tension as soon as the laughter ebbs off.

This time, the tense state will be even deeper.

Think of it as a sexual trance that you can trigger like the push of a button, and that you can dial up at will.

DO say funny things here and there throughout your interaction with her, but don’t let it be your bread-and-butter

Can you really teach humor, my main says you can't, i think it can be developed just like any skills....

main: "Some guys will never be able to pull it off no matter what. Those dudes have to take a different approach... "

Resources:

Last edited:

Jimmyshap

Space Monkey
space monkey

Norm Macdonald has a good humor. Conan is equally funny but you’ll notice the model responds much more to Norm.

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
Norm Macdonald has a good humor. Conan is equally funny but you’ll notice the model responds much more to Norm
Ya that was one of clips YaReally talked about on why Norm's style is attractive VS other professional comedians:

Not a single fuck is given about her being a supermodel (vs conan’s fawning over her and interestingly, an example of a guy trying to force another guy to supplicate like “dude don’t you know she’s on a pedestal??”). Norm just slays the thing and he’s completely offensive. But because he has that shit-eating grin plastered on his face he’s just self-amusing.

Starting at 3:40 in this clip

Stick around to the end of the clip where he talks about gay pride lol he escalates the offensiveness as much as he can. He’s saying logically really offensive shit but again he doesn’t have a single fuck to give and his troll-face sells it as self-amusement. CK Louis is really good at this too. Note how Norm, Conan, and this Miller guy are all professional comedians, but which of the 3 sets a sexual tone/vibe in his jokes? I love Conan’s humor but its mostly dancing monkey humor.

Ferguson is an epic flirt (though a bit dancing monkey), he’s awesome to watch to learn how to drop innuendo and riff and improvise and flirt, but his vibe is a little less in-your-face than Norm’s. Norm goes for the shock value, which is what I like doing. Ferguson’s vibe will get less shit-tests compared to Norm’s. I think that’s part of why Norm has that frozen-face staredown slow vibe to him…because he knows when he says shit that people will need a few seconds to register “wow did he really say that??” and realize they’re supposed to laugh lol.

Also of interest is the Miller guy in that Norm clip who’s putting on a “shtick” for the cameras. That guy comes off phony and supplicative to the crowd and he’s basically putting on a persona…this is what most newbie/shitty PUAs look like to girls. it’s awkward and weird and incongruent. But Norm is just brutal honesty. What he’s saying is probably a routine but it comes from a place of “I’m saying this because its funny to ME, I don’t really care if YOU think it’s funny but it’s cool if you do.”

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
All those clips you guys are putting is exactly what i said that does not work (too direct and vulgar low probability and may trigger asd i do all that once i have the girl),... The one of Enrique iglesias is more likely what works...

You can not be too sexual with groups and family members.....Again they are too direct, vs indirect....

Last edited:

Velasco

Modern Human
Modern Human
Yeah with groups (depends on whose in her group and the environment) and family members you're gonna want to tone it done with the sexual and offensive shit (because after all...you're not really trying to fuck them. You're more just showing them you're a "cool attractive dude " for their friend/daughter/sister).

All YaReally was pointing out is, why Norm McDonald's style works VS the other guys when it comes to attracting chicks. Which is that he's saying it because its funny to him (which as you've noted is NOT what unfunny guys do)
from being on many forums, in person and chats there are many problems with calibrations, most puas think they are funny and they are not (just look at the forum posters making dumb jokes and saying haha! with funny faces), they also force it, and they try too hard... They are usually using humor as a technique and to get reactions... (do you like me, do you think i am funny, please like me)
And it only looks direct because you're listening to the words he uses ("hey how about you and me fuck?") VS what he's actually doing is just self amusing because he KNOWS going up to chicks and saying that to them has a low probability of working (like fake acting surprised that they wouldn't react favorably to that ("what seems to be the problem here?") (and he KNOWS the audience knows it's stupid to say that to girls (just like telling a girl you have a small penis is retarded to say to a girl you're trying to fuck because you KNOW girls don't like small dicks), but its funny to him so he made a stand up routine about it.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Yeah with groups (depends on whose in her group and the environment) and family members you're gonna want to tone it done with the sexual and offensive shit (because after all...you're not really trying to fuck them. You're more just showing them you're a "cool attractive dude " for their friend/daughter/sister).

All YaReally was pointing out is, why Norm McDonald's style works VS the other guys when it comes to attracting chicks. Which is that he's saying it because its funny to him (which as you've noted is NOT what unfunny guys do)

And it only looks direct because you're listening to the words he uses ("hey how about you and me fuck?") VS what he's actually doing is just self amusing because he KNOWS going up to chicks and saying that to them has a low probability of working (like fake acting surprised that they wouldn't react favorably to that ("what seems to be the problem here?") (and he KNOWS the audience knows it's stupid to say that to girls (just like telling a girl you have a small penis is retarded to say to a girl you're trying to fuck because you KNOW girls don't like small dicks), but its funny to him so he made a stand up routine about it.

^ yeah and i agree with all this (i do all this stuff naturally too)... the thing is i was trying to use a post more gear towards guys reading the post and getting an idea of how to get laid with humor that is more practical and realistic, that could counter karea post in the proper context, vs every guy in the forum finding funny clips with funny flirty comedy that goes nowhere such as rsd self amusement type stuff, for the major point of the goal of the post...

Eiswein

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Great post skills, i admire you friend, would you accept me as your aprentice?

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Great post skills, i admire you friend, would you accept me as your aprentice?

thanks! i don't do apprenticeship, is usually a waste of time, when people don't pay $, unfortunately they will not value or follow advise (and no i don't want your money, if you have a question shoot)... Read content/youtube and field test i wrote pretty much about everything i do...

Last edited:

Eiswein

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
unfortunately they will not value or follow advise (and no i don't want your money, if you have a question shoot)...
Thanks skills! i have a question/situation related to your post, I had a girl that was interested in me but at the time i was very busy with other things prior to quarantine, now my city went lockdown and we begun to speak regulary by phone, i make her laugh and all however the issue is that i dont want to fall into Mr. Entertainer category
What i have tried so far is to get raport but after that? since neither of us can leave ours home, we are restricted to cellphone calls and i dont know how to move things forward from there, i want to keep talking with her but without losing interest... a love confession perhaps?

Last edited:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Thanks skills! i have a question/situation related to your post, I had a girl that was interested in me but at the time i was very busy with other things prior to quarantine, now my city went lockdown and we begun to speak regulary by phone, i make her laugh and all however the issue is that i dont want to fall into Mr. Entertainer category
What i have tried so far is to get raport but after that? since neither of us can leave ours home, we are restricted to cellphone calls and i dont know how to move things forward from there, i want to keep talking with her but without losing interest... a love confession perhaps?

If is not related to the op but about a girl pm. About the mr. entertainer, i covered in the op not to be joke after joke after joke, is normal convos a joke here and there and then cont. talking like you do with your friends(like the Enrique video, or like most of my videos when i am speaking)... no love confession (just bait or express indirect interest by flirting), develop a friendship without being worried about losing her or her interest, and ping her often (we are all having the same issue with the lockdowns)..... You cannot be worried about losing a girl and fucking it up that is form of being needy and pedestalizing (mild onitis) that is why we speak to multiple women

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Amazing post @Skills!!

I think that humor is ultimately a form of comfort.
Humor helps to break barriers between people and create a feeling of unity/understanding by releasing tension.
Used properly, it can be an amazing tool in seduction as it increases similarity and attainability.

But as with anything related with attainability, you have to strike the right balance.

It is also a very powerful tool to navigate social settings.
Hence why most naturals have it in their arsenal... more because its usefulness in socializing than its seduction potential.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
You know, the example of Conan vs. Norm is really interesting. Why is one of those guys able to use humor as part of his attractive arsenal, whereas for the other guy it falls flat?

What I will see guys who use humor do well with it is use humor to aid in their framing of things, and in the ideas they introduce.

e.g., they use sexual humor to frame the girl as desperate for their cocks, in pursuit of them, etc. Things that if you said in a non-humorous way the woman would simply reject. Clothed in humor though, she laughs, enjoys it, does not reject it, and gets a lot closer to accepting the frame (the premise behind chase framing... also, I'd say, behind Grand Master style).

You can also use it to create a feeling in her that she relates to what you're saying. If you tell a story about getting into some ridiculous situation, but you tell it in a way that she can see how you got into that situation, and then you get her laughing through the telling, she is having a broader range of emotions as she experiences this telling, and the story becomes more impactful and memorable. A lot of great stories in fiction, film, etc., that are otherwise very emotional pieces, use humor, not just to break up the tension I think, but also to increase the range of emotions. We already know that the more emotional swings a sports game viewer experiences as he watches a game, the more highly he rates the game.

If you look at how guys who use humor in sexy ways use it, it is also often being balanced between different emotions: the guy says something shocking, or sexy, or insightful, and then offsets that with humor. Versus unsexy guys, who just crack jokes and are not moving up and down in their emotional ranges.

Kind of a difference between "Funny haha" (entertaining but boring) and "Funny... hmm!" (interesting) or "Funny... ooooh" (arousing).

So maybe the real power of humor -- when used correctly -- is as one of several vehicles to increase the emotions a woman experiences, and to impose frames you want to impose.

When used incorrectly, it is just a series of hollow jokes and empty laughs that neither impose frames nor give women a range of emotions.

Chase

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
My main sent me this today, saying this dude is similar to some of the funny, cocky, asshole humor, she sent it as a jab to me, but makes the point:
main: Check out this series. I like this guy... Reminds me of u a bit.. (link of video posted)
me: we have a series to watch...me, only way i can watch.
main:Exactly... ;)
main:He's actually a very brilliant doctor. All doctors rely on his input before they treat their patients. But... He's super sarcastic, Arrogant, condescending, etc, etc. It's entertaining.

Last edited:

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I am trying to do a video on humor and seduction and it has been 2 weeks and i am trying to find funny guys that don't get laid, I TOTALLY GIVE UP!.... (though please if you find one LET ME KNOW, since i am looking one for my next video).... i suspect the dude in karea sample does what i do when i use humor and don't get laid, which is i never cont. with the other processes of seduction.... funny= no getting laid if you don't cont. with the seduction process and cut it short.....

funny cont. with seduction process = get laid, again everytime, even cringe worthy people

Also i found a million similarities with me and russel brand which is funny, with sexuality and escalate (i do not recommend this with maybe or red girl since he is to direct)

Last edited:

Skjöldr

Modern Human
Modern Human
I am trying to do a video on humor and seduction and it has been 2 weeks and i am trying to find funny guys that don't get laid, I TOTALLY GIVE UP!.... (though please if you find one LET ME KNOW, since i am looking one for my next video).... i suspect the dude in karea sample does what i do when i use humor and don't get laid, which is i never cont. with the other processes of seduction.... funny= no getting laid if you don't cont. with the seduction process and cut it short.....

funny cont. with seduction process = get laid, again everytime, even cringe worthy people

Also i found a million similarities with me and russel brand which is funny, with sexuality and escalate (i do not recommend this with maybe or red girl since he is to direct)

That video with Russell Brand is mindblowing. He blazes his path straight open by keeping them laughing/on the edge/distracted and rapidly escalate sexually with absolutely no resistance. Not only with no resistance, they are 100% receptive.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
That video with Russell Brand is mindblowing. He blazes his path straight open by keeping them laughing/on the edge/distracted and rapidly escalate sexually with absolutely no resistance. Not only with no resistance, they are 100% receptive.
In isolation is not hard to do , I done similar multiple times, in public/tv is the mindblowing part, the girls are so distracted that they forget they are on tv.

>