Expelled by her social group. One text message to fix this?

Railer

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
In yesterday's outing I did get the girls number, but the final interaction left a bitter aftertaste, leading me to think she will probably block me as soon as I text - unless I manage to recover right away.

Any ideas?

Notice stunning body, boobs, tasty waist-hip ratio, black dress sitting down at bar. Looking for napkin, lean over bar right next to her, giving a chance to notice me. Open: "So how is your night going?" Wow, she looks like a young Phoebe Tonkin. Gonna name her wolf-maid. As we give our names, keep holding on to her hand. Seems totally fine with it. Have trouble understanding each other. Is a bit drunk. Sticks around through a couple of interruptions from her friends that would allow her to leave easily. Good sign. Take both her hands. Seems okay. Then releases: "How old are you anyway?" "84." "What?" "Eighty-four … I know I look much younger …" Doesn’t quite get to joke. Clarify: "Nineteen-eighty-four … Now you’ll have to do the math. Go!" Look down on my watch starting the timer. "40?" "No … 38. I’m 38." Looks brain-fried. "Now you’re wondering if to be proud of your appeal?" "I’m shocked!" "Let’s see how long that lasts." This time in a more acted fashion, hold up arm starting the timer again. Soon she’s lost in conversation with a friend of hers.

Ask if shock was over, but again understands - and responds - something else. Joins girl-friend outside. Pull up this forum and find the thread about handling reservations regarding age differences. Decide to go with one of @Will_V ’s lines. Find her outside. Age comes up again. I state: "Yeah, but sometimes you find out you get along regardless." Look at her as she actually considers the statement and agrees. Jokingly tell her friend to put in a good word for me. Tells me that wolf-maid has a boyfriend. "Well, that’s okay … [put arm around wolf-maid’s shoulder, pull her in as if to show what a great couple we’d make] … but I also know that she doesn’t find me completely ugly either. [smile] So that’s good."

Directed back at wolf-maid: "I know we might not straight-up become friends tonight, but I would like at least a chance to meet you tomorrow, to get to know each other." Names all the things she has planned to do with her friend that day. "We’ll surely find some gap in between." Doesn’t seem to be fully opposed to the idea. Wants to give me her social media, but manage to take her number instead.

Not exactly sure where in the above interaction she had said something like: "Oh that’s only like … 20 years more than me." "Twenty-two!", the friend had exclaimed. Misinterpreting context I said: "No way you’re 22!", underlining that I expected her to be younger even before she had told me her age shortly before … where she didn’t seem too sure if she was 17 or 18. Is she about to turn 18 … or trying to amp attainability by adding a year?

Converse quite a bit with her male friend, actually her class-mate from back home. Get along well. At some point they discuss about where she will be sleeping that night. Later, after being separated from the group for a while, decide to go home. Then remember: Cannot fuck a number. Go to say goodbye, shaking hands with everyone in the group. Wolf-maid is distracted in conversation. Her girl-friend calls her: "E! Shake hands!" Ask where she’ll sleep tonight. "At home… ?" Gives weird look. Guess that was too much. As I leave the group, hear them say "Adios!" in derogatory manner, with vibe of certain agreement among the group.

Railer

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Here's my own idea for a structure so far:
  • Contrary to sending a message early, let a few days pass for the bitter taste to wear off.
  • Pace her reality as to how she might feel about me/us.
  • Compliment and communicate that we should meet for something light.

The actual text could go something like this:

Code:
Hey E, how's it going? Bet you had a fun week.

I understand that I left you with a bad impression the other
night. You acted really chill and I should have allowed you
your space - especially around your friends.

You're fun and I like hanging out with you ... What if I
invite you some icecream and we exchange stories during a
walk on a sunny day?

There’s definitely room for improvement. I’ll review again a bit later.

>