For guys who went out to cold approach and exchanged instagram with a girl, how was your conversion rate?

DaVinciMatrixStyle

Space Monkey
space monkey
My question is basically the title. I recently went out and cold approached the first girl. She was highly interested. I asked her where the store is and she told me it's that way. When I came out of the store, she was right there 'hanging out' and we started talking. She asked me where I was from and asking me questions. We basically talked for a little bit before I had to go. I know the vibe is there so I ask her let's hang out! I didn't have a phone number yet because I was at a new country so we ended up exchanging instagram.

I know in my gut that I could've went on an insta-date with her, but at that time, I just landed in a new country so I had a lot of shit to do.

Anyways, I dm'ed her saying 'thanks for your help missy' and she said 'no prob :)"

She follows me back, I follow her, all good.

About 2 days later, I dm her if she wants to hang out. And she replies saying "I would if I had time, but I have exams in a few days. On top of that I'm moving back to my home in 2 days. Sorry!"

I was quite surprised as she was really high interest. So I'm wondering,

A. It's just an excuse.
B. She legitimately doesn't have time BUT I'm just a stranger she met so she wouldn't put aside some random amount of time to meet a stranger.
C. I fucked up somewhere along the way.
D. She saw my instagram. (I travel alot so I have a lot of good pictures with about 2500 followers but almost 0 comments and few likes ever since instagram changed algo)

So for guys who had high interest girls from a cold approach and exchanged instagrams, were you able to get her out even if you didn't have a quality instagram?

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
First off - nicely done on getting a smooth number and picking up on her signals.

I'm going to start with prevention so you avoid this next time before going into what you can do now:

Prevention

• Don't bother with instagram closes. It puts you in "orbiter" category. Girls who're into you have no issues handing out their number. As you're new to the country get yourself set up on whatsapp and give your foreign number as it will still work on an internet connection
    • Girls also get pickier online and are more likely to be "put off" so avoiding it is the best strategy unless you're influencer level​

• If you have no time for an insta-date, seed in the meet there and there. Test her buying temperature and see how down she actually is. Not just "let's hang out" but "okay are you free this Wednesday at 6pm?" It's far easier to do this in person than over text

Next steps

• I don't get how "she goes home in a few days" but also has "exams in a few days". Unless the exam are online it sounds like "A" & she's stalling

• Her instagram will likely tell you if she actually goes home or not. I would say "all good enjoy being home, when are you back?" Then once you find out hit her up in the future with a few personalized messages on her story every 2 weeks or so to keep it warm

Remember it's hard to predict who's legit or not. I've approached girls who've said stranger danger but still show up to a date and girls who seem chatty ignore my 1st message. It's just a part of the game.

Go out there and enjoy your new country and new women ;)

Tony D

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Instagram is most girl's go to. The problem is if you give too much info in your gram, it can wreck the mystery. Even if you have 10 followers and 4 pics, which is better, she's still just using it as a safe way to consider you. Just like you're using her pics to whack off to :)

Not saying you can't close girls with Insta, but having 40k subscribers won't help you get laid. Having 4 million... now we're talking.

Beck Bass

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
My question is basically the title.
I've had girls give me their Instagram's and made it work just like I would with a normal number, except I didn't need to have their numbers saved lol

That said, Instagram is social media, so if you have a bad profile, it can impact your interactions with girls, big time.
It's also hard to have a good one, as Instagram is the photos' platform, meaning if you have bad photos, is not very photogenic or "visually appealing", you're just fucked, basically, for the most part. Also girls will always have infinitely more followers than guys, unless you're a celebrity or something, so naturally you're kinda in a natural disadvantage (even if it's dumb, numbers do matter, and Instagram is a big dick measuring contest, in which girls have the upper hand).

My profile is basically some stupid social proof stuff, I have a highlight called YOLO (stylized with some l33t m8 kek) that basically has stuff like stories about the XL condoms I use, a photo of a hot blondie I kissed at a club (that the staff took there with our consent and she sent me, I didn't quite ask her for consent, but I didn't tag her and she never complained, so whatever), ridiculous convos I had with girls before (censoring their names, of course), and stuff like that. Of course, I have some other chill stuff, like travels I did (only one so far lol, but I try), hangouts with friends, cool photos I took, and stuff like that, but I'm sure that's the one that draws more attention.
Also I played around with different bios, and the one that got me best results was like "Emotional fuckboi" (I'm from Brazil so it's in Portuguese, but the word fuckboy still there). I don't know the connotation fuckboy has in your country, but here, the few girls that understand what it means, probably won't think too bad of you (a girl actually told me it was cool that I was honest and stated outright that I just wanted to sleep around, and nothing serious, the girl from this LR).

I understand that my profile is quite polarizing, and some girls have outright blocked me after seeing it (super religious conservative girls, or really innocent inexperienced ones, but I'm not looking for those, anyway). Most of them will have their interest picked though, because all the guys only post boring shit, and some even feel encouraged to talk about sex with me and be very open to it, so to me is a win win.
As far as followers, I have very few, only a hundred and something, but I also don't follow much people. I always try to keep it lower than the people that follow me, I find it stupid to follow people that don't care about what I post, also I find awful people that follow thousands of people they don't even know, like how do you even use IG like that? I have had it for like a year and something, before Corona, and now I barely post anything or use it, since I mostly posted about my crazy nightlife on clubs.

That said, I understand that most guys won't want to have a profile like that, and to be fair, even if my photos aren't the greatest, I'm fairly good looking, so if you think your profile isn't the best, don't go for IG closes, get the number, it's way better (I go for IG most of the time because I think it's easier to get and I can make it work, most of the time. I really don't like texting on say Whatsapp without much context, sometimes I can't even remember what the girl looks like). Also, I haven't really tried to talk with girls with thousands of followers, but if you run into one of those "local celebrities" of your area, I can imagine your messages getting ignored big time on IG.

If you gonna do it, follow her and send a opening message, like Chase does, try to be really casual though. If she follows you back and responds, great, if she just responds, try moving on to scheduling a date and see if you can get it (and maybe unfollow her anyway, it won't make much diff). If she doesn't respond, move the fuck on, and please unfollow her, don't be an orbiter/simp dude.

She legitimately doesn't have time BUT I'm just a stranger she met so she wouldn't put aside some random amount of time to meet a stranger.
I wonder if you really fucked up, like she didn't gave you a hard no, I think it's worth trying to ask her when she's got time, then. Maybe she's really busy, but would be down to meet you eventually.
Try texting her again, maybe build up a bit of quick rapport on one day, then tell her you really should go out for an ice cream or something and ask her when she's free on another (I don't know how your situation is really with her so I can't give super precise advice, but I think it's worth the shot).

Good luck man :)

DaVinciMatrixStyle

Space Monkey
space monkey
Instagram is most girl's go to. The problem is if you give too much info in your gram, it can wreck the mystery. Even if you have 10 followers and 4 pics, which is better, she's still just using it as a safe way to consider you. Just like you're using her pics to whack off to :)

Not saying you can't close girls with Insta, but having 40k subscribers won't help you get laid. Having 4 million... now we're talking.
I agree with you most of the time, but I'm not sure where you're getting these numbers. 40k subscribers would help you a lot especially when it comes to meeting girls in real life. As far as meeting girls online (girls who have 10k+ followers) then yeah, I'd say 4 million sure. But when it comes to your day to day chicks, I had zero problem as long as I had quality pictures.

Tony D

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I've got friends who used software to get themselves 30-50k subscribers. It impressed a few girls but that's about it. I'm not getting the numbers from anywhere. It's just my experience that this stuff doesn't matter a whole lot. You can have a million subscribers but if your game sucks, women don't care. I know many girls who have hundreds of thousands of instagram followers, youtube followers, etc. It's not that impressive anymore.

You're saying it helps you meet women in real life? How so?

DaVinciMatrixStyle

Space Monkey
space monkey
I've got friends who used software to get themselves 30-50k subscribers. It impressed a few girls but that's about it. I'm not getting the numbers from anywhere. It's just my experience that this stuff doesn't matter a whole lot. You can have a million subscribers but if your game sucks, women don't care. I know many girls who have hundreds of thousands of instagram followers, youtube followers, etc. It's not that impressive anymore.

You're saying it helps you meet women in real life? How so?
Hey Tony,

I agree, having followers doesn't give you free girls but for me, it acts as setting a good first impression for the girls. (Almost like having good fundamentals in real life)

It helps me meet women in real life in multiple ways. Sometimes, it might be dm'ing a girl in my campus that I've never met. But if I follow and DM her with a good profile, I've found that I get DMs and this led to having a relationship with multiple girls that I dm'd via instagram.

Another way is that girls that I haven't talked to (or perhaps at the time we met, she had a boyfriend) comes out the woodwork as she watches my lifestyle down the road.

These are few examples. Followers do help to a certain extent. But what I've noticed matters more is the type of content you put up,

These are just my experiences.

Beck Bass

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I've found that I get DMs and this led to having a relationship with multiple girls that I dm'd via instagram.
Also IG can be useful for is seeing girls you know are acttracted to you (or might be, if you haven't met before) on places you're in or near you.

I've had a girl that I met at a nightclub that was really flakey meet me at some university party we were, thanks to her IG stories, and after that she was even inviting me to come along on her outings with her (I didn't bed her as we were really drunk that day, and my logictics sucked, but I could had if things were a bit better).

Another instance was a girl from Tinder I never matched with, but she was really young and beautiful, and upon checking her Instagram she seemed to be super cool and talk about her outings. So, one day she posted about maybe going to a club I was a regular at the time. I showed up there, since if she was there, I had a shot with her, if she wasn't, this was a place I could pick up other attractive girls anyway. Turns out she was really there, and she even came up to talk to my group (I was talking to some other girls already). To be honest, I kinda fucked up a bit, I could have approached her and made something happen, but I was already with some other cute girls, so I was like, whatever.

Nowadays I think this type of use is really unviable because of Corona and how little places actually have a night life going, but if you're from a big city and like night game, IG can be really useful for meeting and remeeting hot girls.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Instagram is most girl's go to. The problem is if you give too much info in your gram, it can wreck the mystery. Even if you have 10 followers and 4 pics, which is better

^ interesting, can you elaborate on this tony, cause my gram is something like that, and i notice it does not have a negative effect on the women (though i always try 10000% to avoid exchanging instagram), just wondering on why do you think this is greater than having 40k (i have no opinion on this) but just curios to understand your logic "10 followers 4 pics" vs "40 k followers" or is just you making an analogy to make a point?

Tony D

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
It's not the follower count, it's how much of yourself you give her.

Imagine you have a preconceived notion of a girl. She's a sweet, innocent, good girl. Then you see her gram and it's pics of her sucking dick around the world. Your conception of her would change.

If a girl you approached likes you enough to give you a contact, giving her your insta may have a negative effect if there's anything there she doesn't like.

The more followers just means you have more content usually. My gram has 1200 followers and thousands of photos. I really need to prune it. Now I don't even give it out to women unless they really push for it. Just my phone number.

>